Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Report: Snyder, Allen may side with RG3 and fire Gruden

Boss_Hogg

Because we need help at pretty much every position except wide receiver.

And we need SERIOUS help there.

We have two bona-fried # 1's and then what exactly?

I got lambasted prior to the start of the season by many for suggesting the receiving group was a weak link but honestly what have they shown outside of Jackson and Garcon? Moss is LONG past done. Roberts can't hold onto the ball for **** most weeks. Hankerson is beyond injury prone and looks NOTHING like the high first/ 2nd round player he was projected as 4 years back; Grant is what he is, a 5th round rook to fill out the very back end of a roster, if he's lucky. And they went and cut another bust Robinson finally Saturday.

Honestly, I don't see one solid positional group on the whole roster save for maybe TE's at a push. And that's debateable.

Hail.

im starting to think I don't want Robert playing again this year. let Colt sit there and get sacked so gruden cant blame Robert or kill him in the media. ive been saying this for a while Robert didn't have a pocket to step up into or competent play calling on his side and neither does colt. jay gruden is in over his head. lets not forget that Robert won a Heisman trophy and ROY within one year.. number 1 in jersey sales and everybodies favorite media figure. I think Robert has eaten a piece of humble pie and should come back next year to compete for the job. these last couple of weeks have only strengthened my belief that I would like to see gruden gone and Robert back with a better coach.

The new GM would need to make these coaching changes if Gruden stays:

DC- Wade Phillips, Eric Mangini

OC -A veteran WCO OC that can/maybe call plays

QB Coach -A veteran WCO QB coach preferably with NFL playing experience

I think a better choice for DC would be Rex Ryan.

Whats the point of keeping Gruden is we are changing everything? The guys is obliviously not a motivator so what the point?

im starting to think I don't want Robert playing again this year. let Colt sit there and get sacked so gruden cant blame Robert or kill him in the media. ive been saying this for a while Robert didn't have a pocket to step up into or competent play calling on his side and neither does colt. jay gruden is in over his head. lets not forget that Robert won a Heisman trophy and ROY within one year.. number 1 in jersey sales and everybodies favorite media figure. I think Robert has eaten a piece of humble pie and should come back next year to compete for the job. these last couple of weeks have only strengthened my belief that I would like to see gruden gone and Robert back with a better coach.

Are we the worst fan base for having selective memory?  Ok, based on that didn't Tebow come out of college with a long list of very similar accomplishments???  Oh, and that "favorite media figure" is when RGIII became solely RGME.

Totally disagree due to the bolded line.

If the GM has to make the changes and Gruden doesn't, then Gruden can't stay. It's counter-productive. 

And beyond that, if a new GM comes in, he needs full control, including the head coach.

Having said that, your plan to replace makes more sense if Allen and Gruden both stay on. Gruden would need to do those things due to his wishes, though.

And if Robert's option is exercised and Gruden's gone ..... ?

Hail.

Zero chance they exercise the 5th yr option on him. 

I really can't understand why some still want that to happen, it is a complete waste of money.  Rob is under contract next year, let him play it out and EARN a new contract.  The only thing he has earned is a spot on the bench this year and possibly next year.  If he doesn't want to earn it, trade him for whatever they can and be done with him.  Too many distractions with this Kid!

Money could be well spent in other areas of need (OL, Secondary, etc).

Some predicted ALL of this would happen to Griffin when he came to Washington. Built him up, rode him through injuries, then threw him in the dumpster after breaking down his confidence for two years. I think it may have been Skip Bayless. I've seen everything possible that is counterproductive from this organization from the fans, to coaches, to ownership. This is the 3rd time I've watched this team do a piss poor job of building around a 1st round QB, and the same foolish logic by the same loud (non football) people keeps being repeated.

Zero chance they exercise the 5th yr option on him. 

I really can't understand why some still want that to happen, it is a complete waste of money.  Rob is under contract next year, let him play it out and EARN a new contract.  The only thing he has earned is a spot on the bench this year and possibly next year.  If he doesn't want to earn it, trade him for whatever they can and be done with him.  Too many distractions with this Kid!

Money could be well spent in other areas of need (OL, Secondary, etc).

Sorry. In all this madness I'm getting a year ahead of myself.

I shall re-phrase to 'If Roberts retained and Gruden's gone?'

Hail.

Some predicted ALL of this would happen to Griffin when he came to Washington. Built him up, rode him through injuries, then threw him in the dumpster after breaking down his confidence for two years. I think it may have been Skip Bayless. I've seen everything possible that is counterproductive from this organization from the fans, to coaches, to ownership. This is the 3rd time I've watched this team do a piss poor job of building around a 1st round QB, and the same foolish logic by the same loud (non football) people keeps being repeated.

LOL!  So now let's do it to Marcus Mariotta!!

come on just go back a watch the skins cowboy game from thanks giving a couple of years ago that was amazing QB play. tebow won but never played like that

Are we the worst fan base for having selective memory?  Ok, based on that didn't Tebow come out of college with a long list of very similar accomplishments???  Oh, and that "favorite media figure" is when RGIII became solely RGME.

Totally disagree due to the bolded line.

If the GM has to make the changes and Gruden doesn't, then Gruden can't stay. It's counter-productive. 

And beyond that, if a new GM comes in, he needs full control, including the head coach.

Having said that, your plan to replace makes more sense if Allen and Gruden both stay on. Gruden would need to do those things due to his wishes, though.

You seem to be saying 2 different things here.

Tf Gruden doesn't like the idea of putting together a complete staff then he can quit.

I was exploring a situation where Gruden could stay and imo its only with the above changes.

But starting off with a complete staff at least gives the coaching staff equal manpower to the other NFL teams.

Need to replace Danny, won't happen.

Need to replace Allen, don't see it happening.

Need to replace entire scouting department, don't see that happening.

Need to bring down Gruden's huge ego a bit and get him to hire a QB coach and an experienced OC, don't see it happening. 

we need a coach to embrace the QBs we have and build around them. I like Robert and kirk and I don't think we need to draft another. please get rid of this coach and build around the qbs we have

If you were a successful NFL coach (including coordinator) or college coach, why would you take a job where there were 2 QBs that had been there the last 2 years and the team had been awful those 2 years and the coaches had been fired if you were being told you had to keep the 2 QB?

You're offering me a job, but I don't get to pick the player at my most important position even though the last 2 guys that worked with the guys you have at those positions couldn't get them to play at a level they were happy with and ended up getting fired.

Thanks but no thanks.

You seem to be saying 2 different things here.

Tf Gruden doesn't like the idea of putting together a complete staff then he can quit.

I was exploring a situation where Gruden could stay and imo its only with the above changes.

But starting off with a complete staff at least gives the coaching staff equal manpower to the other NFL teams.

I don't understand what you're saying, so let me reiterate my point and see if we meet up somewhere:

I think that if Bruce Allen is fired, Jay Gruden needs to be released. In my eyes, they need to be tied. If Jay Gruden is released, then Bruce Allen needs to be let go. They are tied to one another.

IF neither is let go, then the steps you outlined all need to occur, but in accordance with Jay's wishes. (Allen needs to say, "Hey, we need to look in another direction for these positions. You and I can talk about them, and we'll put someone in place that you want. But I'd like to move on). 

If Allen is let go, I can't say keeping Gruden is a good idea.

Archived