Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grade Colt McCoy

TimmySmith

I am sorry to say, but I don't want him to ever start again, if "work" involves growing pains that will make our offense putrid. I can handle interceptions, but if that means offense is gonna look like it did today for a while, then sorry to say but Griffin is not the guy.

Mr Snyder?

do you think he can be a good drop back passer?

Maybe. Unknown right now.

I would bet money the people that were going crazy for Colt were the samet people who though Beck was going to be the next Steve Young.

Hey now Shanahan staked his reputation on Beck.  lol

I think most of us realized that this team is without a good QB on the roster when we had to go back to Colt.  He looked the best of the three and that, all by itself, spoke to the situation at the position.  We're going to go into the offseason with QB being a position of need.... again.  Mail it in for Mariota?  Winless for Winston? 

It never ends...

Noodle arm journeyman QB who is probably the 3rd best QB on the team (if that means anything). Lucked himself into a victory against the Cowboys.

I don't want to be that harsh, he played maybe C+ against Dallas, but he also missed a lot of open throws to open guys because he has no arm, and the defense probably had their best performance other than against the Jags & 49ers.

today was an F.  you can complain about the rest of the team, the defense, the special teams, and they were indeed F's as well, but the QB did nothing positive of note today.  two INTs, no downfield passing game, and most importantly no points.

he was far from the only "F" on the field, but that doesn't bring his grade up.

The longer any QB plays in this offense the worse they perform.

What's that called again?

Or maybe they all just sucked form the beginning ? lol

Neither of 3 were good coming into season. In fact, you could make a case that they all flat out sucked coming into 2014. 

Sure, I'll admit now that Jay sucks but goddamn, can we ever just have some accountability from the players?

I may have jumped the gun on trashing RG3.  That oline REALLY sucks.  Probably all three QBs on this team could do ok with a good line.  Who knows.  This team is complete crap.

Morris only had two of his 8 runs over 3 yards.  Do all of our QBs and Morris all suck?  Nope, it's the line.

I'd give him an incomplete, but not like Cooley did for Griffin. I watched this game, and the lack of protection is just making it impossible against a defense like the Rams.

Colt getting sacked while Trent is sitll in his stance is a prime example of the utter nonsense we are seeing. Dude, Garcon is probably the only skill position player that can block worth a damn on this entire offense. That will never work, we thought it might, but we just proved it won't.

Or maybe they all just sucked form the beginning ? lol

Neither of 3 were good coming into season. In fact, you could make a case that they all flat out sucked coming into 2014.

Sure, I'll admit now that Jay sucks but goddamn, can we ever just have some accountability from the players?

Kirk and RGIII were never this bad. Now we consider them throw away players. I'd keep them both for next year with a whole new staff and front office. Just let them play out their contracts and see what happens...

Kirk and RGIII were never this bad. Now we consider them throw away players. I'd keep them both for next year with a whole new staff and front office. Just let them play out their contracts and see what happens...

Kirk turned the ball over a lot last year. He had 5 interceptions in three games started and 7 overall if you include the games in which he was put in late. He didn't really look different this season, he always looks good but throws an amazing amount of interceptions. This year was a continuation of that.

RG3 is the only QB if the three that really looked different than what people had seen in the past. No one believed Colt was a starter and Kirk is still Kirk. Sadly RG3 didn't learn the offense, despite getting most the reps in preseason, so it's hard to grade him on the field when he doesn't know which way to look or how many steps to take.

If I was running this team if improve the scouting department and I'd draft a QB if one I thought a great prospect fell into out laps, even with the first pick but no traded. Other than that I'd focus on the lines. Hard to tell how good the perimeter guys and skill positions are when the lines are garbage. Free agency can be used ( and should have been) to find a guard or a right tackle.

The major change on defense that must happen is a new coordinator. Haslett is horrible and has been for some time.

On offense I'd plan to start RG3 next season, hopefully with a young newly drafted player sitting behind him on the depth chart. If we end up where the chargers were with Breeze and Rivers, who cares? If RG3 still sucks, cut him after the season and plan to start the kid that got a year in the bench to figure things out. This league requires a QB so teams should never stop searching until they find one. Otherwise you become the Vikings. Good team that never does a damn thing because the QB is always bad.

This is the first time I've seen 3 viable starters at the beginning of the season look inept in the middle of the season and the head coach is supposed to be a qb guru. Who's it gonna be next week coach? How bout rock, paper, scissors???

Three certainly but Beck and Grossman both had good preseason campaigns the year they both **** the bed. We were arguing on here which if them had won the job as if it mattered lol

Archived