Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT - Redskins Bring in QB Terrelle Pryor for a Look

Dan T.

Robert Griffin III is back to work, but Washington is still kicking the tires on another mobile quarterback.

Terrelle Pryor, the former Raiders quarterback who has been out of the NFL since Seattle cut him in the preseason, has worked out for Washington. A league source tells PFT that Pryor visited Washington today.

With Griffin now healthy and Colt McCoy and Kirk Cousins established as the backups, it seems unlikely that Washington would sign Pryor. But they’re at least interested in seeing how he looks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/04/terrelle-pryor-works-out-for-washington/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

I don't see this as drama. I see this as a message by Gruden to our three QB's that none of you are safe and you'd better watch your back ass. It might also be a sign that Gruden is calling the shots...this is most definitely not an Allen/Snyder call. Gruden said several times in his presser Monday that he's going to emphasize competition and to show he's not playin around, he's starting at the most important position to get guys attention. This Gruden guy is going to be alright.

I assume it's to help the defense figure out why they can't seem to defend against mobile QBs.

Bridgewater, Foles, Wilson...

You might be right, but our d faces a mobile QB in Griffin everyday in practice. Why would you have to bring in another mobile QB for them to see? Besides, I believe the team is off the rest of this week for the bye week.

You might be right, but our d faces a mobile QB in Griffin everyday in practice. Why would you have to bring in another mobile QB for them to see? Besides, I believe the team is off the rest of this week for the bye week.

well, we do face kaepernick in a few weeks, so it could be to help us get ready for him. but you're right, we would we need to sign pryor to help our defense prepare for kaep if we have RG3?

i'll chalk this up to just the regular BYE Week stuff that goes on. seems like at least the skins always bring in a ****load of players for a tryout once we go on break for the bye week.

I don't see this as drama. I see this as a message by Gruden to our three QB's that none of you are safe and you'd better watch your back ass. It might also be a sign that Gruden is calling the shots...this is most definitely not an Allen/Snyder call. Gruden said several times in his presser Monday that he's going to emphasize competition and to show he's not playin around, he's starting at the most important position to get guys attention. This Gruden guy is going to be alright.

Because they run a different style of offense than we do. 

What are you going to do, have RG3 and the offense abandon their practice so they can run a style of offense in practice to mimic an opponent??

Wonder if this would mean the last of Kirk Cousins if they signed him?  They may be looking at Pryor in a different position....TE?  Who knows.  A bit confusing though.

Or maybe Jay would use him as a slash type player, like Sanu from the Bengals.  More than likely though it sounds like a shot across the bow to the QB ship.  All three of them better not take his coaching lightly.  Really liking our coach!

Gruden should have brought in o-linemen and send a message in THAT direction.

He could have easily brought in Wade or another defensive minded coach to send an equally effective message; ehh, but then again i'm sure Haslett is gone regardless after this season is over.

Griffin, Cousins, and McCoy should be fine; all of them have good qualities needed in a QB, and all of them need time to settle in an offense. But Pryor? That is a head scratcher.

I said it in the offseason in the FA thread and I'll say it again here... if you want to run Read Option - this is the perfect back-up.

Doubt he was brought in for anything more than a sniff or for an arm to throw to whoever else was brought in.  Remember, a couple of years ago we brought in Jamarcus prior to the bye week.

No news here.

Or maybe Jay would use him as a slash type player, like Sanu from the Bengals.  More than likely though it sounds like a shot across the bow to the QB ship.  All three of them better not take his coaching lightly.  Really liking our coach!

If Jay thinks this is a "shot across the bow to the QB ship" than he really needs to step his game up. Pryor is awful.

Just like every other team during their bye weeks, they bring in players to evaluate. If they didn't everyone would complain that they aren't doing their jobs. This is what they are supposed to do. Keep the player list updated in case of emergencies.

This is not the first visit Pryor has had the past couple of weeks. I am sure it won't be the last either. Really, nothing to see here.

Archived