Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spider Nightmare

TD_washingtonredskins

If I was that neighbor I'd be outside with a big bottle of something just in case they make a run for the border.

If they make a run for it, it's already too late. Make that a bottle of Vodka and maybe you'll get to die of alcohol poisoning instead of being eaten alive by spiders.
  • Like 1

I wonder what it is about spiders that causes absolute terror. What is so special about them that they're such a wide-spread phobia? I mean, I know I don't like those ****ers, but why?

I dunno, but it is interesting. Personally, I find spiders to be pretty cool.

My favorite is "Portia". A jumping spider that has intelligent, adaptable hunting techniques even though its "CNS" is hardly even there. Imagine what it could do if it had a legit brain.

If I was that neighbor I'd be outside with a big bottle of something just in case they make a run for the border.

If I was that neighbor I'd have already moved 1000 miles away.   

Got news for you - when there are a zillion brown recluses in a single house, there probably are ten zillion of them in the neighborhood.   They didn't just arrive in that guy's attic via Star Trek teleporter. 

• Like 1

I don;t really mind spiders.  they are the only bugs in my house that i have a non-binding "catch and release" treaty with.

but brown recluse spiders?   6000 of them?

I'm not going to post any pictures, because i don;t want to get banned.... but google "brown recluse spider bite"  and see what ONE brown recluse spider bite does to a person.    

its like basically spider snuff flick port.

ugh. Really do not like arachnids. I was cooking on my grill recently when I heard something plop onto the concrete patio next to me. It was a blue mud dauber and big wolf spider. Apparently she was trying to carry Mr. Wolf off the roof but exceeded her load capacity and they both fell and were rolling around. Sprayed them both.

Edited by Zguy28

ugh. Really do not like arachnids. I was cooking on my grill recently when I heard something plop onto the concrete patio next to me. It was a blue mud dauber and big wolf spider. Apparently she was trying to carry Mr. Wolf off the roof but exceeded her load capacity and they both fell and were rolling around. Sprayed them both.

Dude.... what if they landed on you.

I don't think I'd ever recover

Pretty much why I was content with the what were probably hundreds,(at first),of small black ground spiders taking up residence in my backyard this past late Spring and Summer. Ground all but moved with them for awhile,(the cats and the spiders themselves whittled down the numbers a bit). They were my first line of defense for all the rest of the little bugs that would try to get to the house. Pretty cool actually. Safe to walk around barefoot back there,(which I did).  However,we're talking brown recluse spiders here. I got to take care of a friend of mine as a medic who had been bitten by one of those. Nasty stuff. Tent the house? Sure. And waiting just outside. 

m1a1-abrams0002.jpg

This has been making the rounds on the net and made itself to the "Something creepy" Thread. Thought it might work here as well. Being a spider nightmare thing and all.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/northern-territory/bunbury-local-discovered-a-spider-had-burrowed-under-his-skin-on-bali-holiday/story-fnk0b1zt-1227092337210

I had no idea that was possible. Spiders are now more terrifying than before.

This has been making the rounds on the net and made itself to the "Something creepy" Thread. Thought it might work here as well. Being a spider nightmare thing and all. 

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/northern-territory/bunbury-local-discovered-a-spider-had-burrowed-under-his-skin-on-bali-holiday/story-fnk0b1zt-1227092337210

You know, I was just thinking to myself, "I've been sleeping too well lately". Thank you for solving that problem forever. Edited by PokerPacker

Dude wtf?! But I'm labeled crazy if I say I want to set the world on fire. The same day that God created waterfalls, the devil created spiders.

This was debunked on snopes - but still freaky as hell.

But there is this...

muff83pt0vcc8w15bspf.jpg

Every time I got too close to the birdeater it would do three things. First, the spider would start rubbing its hind legs against the hairy abdomen. "Oh, how cute!", I thought when I first saw this adorable behavior, until a cloud of urticating hair hit my eyeballs, and made me itch and cry for several days.

If that wasn't enough, the arachnid would rear its front legs and open its enormous fangs, capable of puncturing a mouse's skull, and tried to jab me with the pointy implements.

LINK

Edited by frostyj