Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spider Nightmare

TD_washingtonredskins

Here's a spider nightmare:

Katie Melua finds spider in her ear

Singer Katie Melua has had a live spider removed from her ear after complaining to a doctor about a rustling noise inside her head.

Melua says the creepy-crawly had been living in her ear for an entire week after it climbed into headphones she had used on a recent flight.

The singer posted a video and photos on her Instagram account and wrote: "So I had a rustling in my ear for a week and went to the doctor to have it checked out. This little fella is what they found!"

10731860_1662244760668483_1559659995_n.j

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2839239/Sea-gossamer-webs-stretch-field-tiny-money-spiders-nature-reserve.html

An arachnophobe's nightmare: Sea of gossamer webs stretch across field as tiny money spiders move across nature reserve
  • Sea of silken webs, stretching across 130 feet of St Leonards-on-Sea nature reserve in East Sussex, discovered 
  • Millions of money spiders would have been needed to spin the vast mass of gossamer threads across the ground
  • Spiders release the threads for 'ballooning' - creating a parachute which catches the air and lifts them away
  •  

*Click link for More*   

This could cause that "is something crawling on me?" type feeling. 

"Money spiders are tiny arachnids that often appear on your clothes and cars at this time of the year."

So they just float off over our heads, and drop down out of the sky? If there was ever a good place to just install some random powerlines, all around that godforsaken place would be it. Catch em on takeoff.

Edited by SoulSkin

• 4 weeks later...

Ummmmm. 

http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/23/anouk-wipprecht-spider-dress/

3D-printed robotic spider dress keeps creeps at bay

Silk? Meh. Taffeta? Blergh. When it came time to craft her latest dress, Dutch artist Anouk Wipprecht instead turned to 3D printing and one of Intel's teensy Edison modules for something truly special. The end result? A "spider" dress that leaps to defend its wearer when it senses motion. (Our internal pedants would point out that the six legs make it more of an insect dress than a spider dress, but we digress).

*Click Link for More*   

Video demo at link.  

And you all will love this. 

http://www.wired.com/2014/12/absurd-creature-of-the-week-assassin-spider/

Absurd Creature of the Week: The World’s Goofiest-Looking Spider Is Actually a Brutal Ninja

• 2 months later...

I had a nightmare about something exactly like that, as a kid, that was so terrifying that I woke up and ran out the house.  My dad had to chase me down in the middle of the night.  I bet that episode scared my parents half to death, especially since I was screaming that there were spiders all over the place, in the dark, and they couldn't be immediately sure it was a dream. 

If that house thing happened to me I'd have a sudden onset of insanity and the cops would find me running around a house on fire screaming "I'm not running this time you son of ****es!"

late addition to this old-ish thread, but I was interested because i literally have the nightmare of spiders descending upon me from the ceiling a few times a week. It's the exact same nightmare every time. It's terrifying, though fleeting. And because of so much experience and frequency, my brain recognizes it fairly quickly and i'm able to maintain my composure and just wait for the imagery to pass. Suffice to say the first few times the nightmare occurred, i screamed and dove off my bed for cover.  

late addition to this old-ish thread, but I was interested because i literally have the nightmare of spiders descending upon me from the ceiling a few times a week. It's the exact same nightmare every time. It's terrifying, though fleeting. And because of so much experience and frequency, my brain recognizes it fairly quickly and i'm able to maintain my composure and just wait for the imagery to pass. Suffice to say the first few times the nightmare occurred, i screamed and dove off my bed for cover.  

That happened to me one time, for real.    I was in Boy Scouts, and we were at a Jamboree at Goshen and slept in these old canvas army tents with wooden floors, which meant they were not sealed at ground level.   One night it rained, and all the spiders in the neighborhood came in out of the rain and hung out at the crown of the tent to stay dry.   I was scared as hell, but they seemed to be staying up there out of reach, and I finally got to sleep.  

A couple hours later, I woke up and panicked about the spiders.  I shined my flashlight at the top of the tent, which startled the spiders, and they started moving around and a couple of them started dropping on web strings and so of course I screamed like a little girl and went into hysterics.  I got grief from the rest of my troop for the rest of the week and now I need therapy.  

Space...

Unless you encounter a space faring large spider race that is out to colonize the galaxy

A jumping spider was sent into space to see if it could still make webs in low gravity. The spider (named Nefertiti) adjusted to the conditions and was able to catch flies. It couldn’t jump on its prey, so it had to learn to sidle along the web, an ability it picked up in just a few days.

Nefertiti died of natural causes after her groundbreaking space mission—shortly after she had been put on display in the Smithsonian.

http://listverse.com/2013/08/22/10-creepy-things-spiders-can-do/

That happened to me one time, for real.    I was in Boy Scouts, and we were at a Jamboree at Goshen and slept in these old canvas army tents with wooden floors, which meant they were not sealed at ground level.   One night it rained, and all the spiders in the neighborhood came in out of the rain and hung out at the crown of the tent to stay dry.   I was scared as hell, but they seemed to be staying up there out of reach, and I finally got to sleep.  

A couple hours later, I woke up and panicked about the spiders.  I shined my flashlight at the top of the tent, which startled the spiders, and they started moving around and a couple of them started dropping on web strings and so of course I screamed like a little girl and went into hysterics.  I got grief from the rest of my troop for the rest of the week and now I need therapy.  

A jumping spider was sent into space to see if it could still make webs in low gravity. The spider (named Nefertiti) adjusted to the conditions and was able to catch flies. It couldn’t jump on its prey, so it had to learn to sidle along the web, an ability it picked up in just a few days.

Nefertiti died of natural causes after her groundbreaking space mission—shortly after she had been put on display in the Smithsonian.

http://listverse.com/2013/08/22/10-creepy-things-spiders-can-do/

Well thats just ****in great. 

That leaves us with just mountaintops, the poles, and the ocean.

Euophrys omnisuperstes (the species name means standing above everything), the himalayan jumping spider, is a smalljumping spider that lives at elevations of up to 6,700 metres (22,000 feet) on Mount Everest, making it a candidate for the highest known permanent resident on Earth. They are known to lurk in crevices among rocky debris, feeding on tiny, stray springtails and flies that are blown up the mountainside from lower altitudes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euophrys_omnisuperstes