Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Setting the tone tomorrow night

BrandonJ83

I don't know who is watching the Pats/Bengals game but that is how you come out swinging. That's how you set the tone against a team is by all accounts better than you are.

I know we can come out as a talented football team and start swinging from the opening kickoff. I don't know if we will win but I want to see some fight in prime time against the defending champs. Sorry if this is a weird thread but I as a fan am getting pumped up so I can only hope the players can come out and let Seattle know they are in our house and this ain't gonna be easy!

HTTR

obviously yours as well.....   seriously.....   another thread on the outcome tomorrow?   you've said your piece elsewhere.....  for me, this thread is superfluous....   so i said what i did.....

Well it's part of the forum rules.  Here, I will help you out:

3. Spam is strictly prohibited.

The following are some examples of what ES considers spam:

• Very short posts that do not add value to the topic.

Example: posts with only the words, "I dunno," or "lol cool," or "in before close" or a quote of a post with only "smileys" added, or simply the word "this" and an upward arrow or "x2" added. If that is the only contribution you have to make to the discussion, this is not the place for you.

Well it's part of the forum rules.  Here, I will help you out:

3. Spam is strictly prohibited.

The following are some examples of what ES considers spam:

• Very short posts that do not add value to the topic.

Example: posts with only the words, "I dunno," or "lol cool," or "in before close" or a quote of a post with only "smileys" added, or simply the word "this" and an upward arrow or "x2" added. If that is the only contribution you have to make to the discussion, this is not the place for you.

obviously wasn't intended to be spam but you are correct, i may be banned for a few days cause of rule 3......   thanks for the reminder.....    with that said, my point stands, this is a superfluous thread, imho.......

obviously wasn't intended to be spam but you are correct, i may be banned for a few days cause of rule 3......   thanks for the reminder.....    with that said, my point stands, this is a superfluous thread, imho.......

I doubt you will be banned, but there are plenty of superfluous threads around here.  I wish I could be mod to clean them up.  I think the only chance to being a mod is for Jumbo to make the hard sell for me.

You gotta play to the whistle and hit until the echo of the whistle. You have to give 110 percent. You have to be physical. It's a man's game.

Um....play like a champion.

Christ...uh.....remember the Alamo!

Never say die. Never quit. For truth, justice, and the American way. Gotta take your vitamins and say your prayers.

And that's the bottom line Cuz Stone Cold said so?

I think we will know early how this game is going to go. Hopefully we set the tone first either offensively or laying the smack down on defense.

both would be welcomed by me :)

would love to ether set the tone early on offense (scoring a TD) and then laying the smack-down on defense, and then getting another TD

OR

laying the smack-down on defense, then getting a TD on offense, then laying the smack-down on defense AGAIN then getting another TD AGAIN.

Was just reading on ESPN tonight where Brady may not complete his career with NE.....and that there was an acknowledgement within the NE FO on the declining skill set of Brady, and the question was how this was impacting the overall team this season.   Read earlier the roundtable discussion about NE and their issues.....including Brady, their Oline, their lack of drafting well (sound familiar with those last 2 points?).....

NE still has their future HOF QB.  They have pretty darn good coaching.....and apparently laid out a good game plan vs the Bungles....who have yet to make it out of the first round of the playoffs the past few seasons. 

It also gives hope to our team....that even though we were blown out last game....maybe things will be different this week against a heavily favored opponent. 

Normally I'd say that the Redskins should go into Monday night just dying to hit someone and try to be the most physical team. But they'd just get flagged, fined, and suspended. If someone taped the coaches telling them to kill the seahawks, we'd all pretend he meant it literally or maliciously, and support an indefinite suspension.

So they should try hard to win and stuff. HTTR.

Great to start off strong but even more important is to close game out, starting great then pooping on yourself second half won't get you a win.

Also run Alfred, look at the Dallas, DeMarco Murray is already at 670 yards in 5 games... WTH that should be Alfred Morris

A couple of Kirk Cousins interceptions returned for TDs in the first quarter and probably at least one TD given up by our great secondary in the first quarter;should be setting the tone in favor of the Seahawks. :(

Colt Mccoy starting the second half will set the tone again but not in the way we want.

We may hear Griffin maybe back real soon.

honestly, in this game, and every single game the Redskins play in, its more important about how they finish and what they do in the critical clutch moments of the game.

you can dream about all the fancy ways youd like to see them start the game in your dream.  This team needs to learn how to make the 3 or 4 plays in the second half of this game and EVERY GAME that they almost NEVER make.

(seattle can weather a storm and wait you out until the critical part in the game in the second half.  THATS what's important)

The only way to beat the Seahawks is to go at them and not be intimidated.  If you take the "be super careful" approach, you are going to play right into their strategy.

Offenses have moved the ball on them this season. They aren't undefeated.  

Our coaches/players have to approach this game as another game where you want to attack the opponent and make them suffer.

Anything else and you will be making things easy on them.

We are losing regardless, but I would rather lose while trying to go out and take it to an opponent, then look like a weak & scared opponent cowering in the corner begging for mercy.

Great to start off strong but even more important is to close game out, starting great then pooping on yourself second half won't get you a win.

Also run Alfred, look at the Dallas, DeMarco Murray is already at 670 yards in 5 games... WTH that should be Alfred Morris

Couldn't agree with this more. Alfred is averaging less than 18 runs a game, murray is getting 26.

Ok, the cowboys' line is looking pretty good right now and murray is getting 5.2 yards a pop (Alfred 4.5), but come on, play to our strengths and run the damn ball.

Archived