Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Setting the tone tomorrow night

BrandonJ83

I don't know who is watching the Pats/Bengals game but that is how you come out swinging. That's how you set the tone against a team is by all accounts better than you are.

I know we can come out as a talented football team and start swinging from the opening kickoff. I don't know if we will win but I want to see some fight in prime time against the defending champs. Sorry if this is a weird thread but I as a fan am getting pumped up so I can only hope the players can come out and let Seattle know they are in our house and this ain't gonna be easy!

HTTR

We are not the Patriots. The Patriots are now what we once were, a proud, well run organization that responds to rare embarrasing losses by puttin' an ass whuppin on their next opponent.

Last week I tweeted that I will remain positive and believe that we are capable of playing tough against the Seahags on MNF to turn our season around. But after watching the Eagles, the Giants, and Romo play solidly to put their respective teams in a position to make a run for the playoffs, I just shook my head as I thought about our MNF game against arguably one of the best teams in the league. I think we're all very well aware of the tone we're likely to set tonight. We've all been to this rodeo over the last two decades.

That being said, I'll be tuned in, cheering on the Skins until the end of the game. HTTR!

Just go into this game focusing on the things we do well. Its not about them. Every play is just about focusing on execution and the simple stuff. All Seattle is is a road block trying to get in the way of our executions. We've got to run precise routes, wrap when we tackle, stay in our lanes, hold on to the ball, and keep everything in front of us.

I think after this game we will know all we need to know about how Gruden will turn out.

They better come out looking like the Pats did last night or at least look 1/2 as competent. The Pats had 5 days to get ready, the Redskins have had more like 10.

I think after this game we will know all we need to know about how Gruden will turn out.

They better come out looking like the Pats did last night or at least look 1/2 as competent. The Pats had 5 days to get ready, the Redskins have had more like 10.

It's a head scratcher to me why anyone would even consider blaming the coach.  Even if we come out totally flat, I wouldn't blame the coach.  Our roster is so overrated by our fans, and has been.  It took HOF coach Gibbs selling his soul, spending like a drunken sailor, dealing draft picks and buying as much of a roster as he could to eek out 2 lousy seasons and 2 ok seasons.

It doesn't matter who the coach is here.  We need a plan outside of finding the next coach.

Yes, we need to come out fighting.. But we also need to maintain that fight.  I think that we will come out of the gate strong.  I just hope that we can keep it up.   I really do think that we have a shot tonight.  NO way that we get embarrassed like the last game. In typical fashion, the game will be close though.  We are not capable ofblowing someone out like NE did last night.

I agree 100%. If the team comes out tonight-- and I don't care if the Seahawks are the greatest team in the history of professional football-- and are flat and get stomped again on their home field in front of a national audience off a ten day break, then I will have my serious doubts about Gruden being a leader of men. He can know all the X's and O's he wants. If this team is not ready to play again tonight, it could be an early sign of him losing the team already.

Regardless of our ownership and front office, coaches are brought in here, paid a lot of money, pick their own staff and they have at least some control of how we perform on the field. I get the criticism of Snyder and his puppet GM's, but they aren't going anywhere. Snyder is like 47 years old, he will own this team for the next 35 to 40 years at least. The blame is going to lay on the coach. At some point, we're going to get a coach in here that can lead men and get them to play at a high level week in and week out. Is Gruden that guy? Tonight is going to go a long way in answering that question.

I agree 100%. If the team comes out tonight-- and I don't care if the Seahawks are the greatest team in the history of professional football-- and are flat and get stomped again on their home field in front of a national audience off a ten day break, then I will have my serious doubts about Gruden being a leader of men. He can know all the X's and O's he wants. If this team is not ready to play again tonight, it could be an early sign of him losing the team already.

Regardless of our ownership and front office, coaches are brought in here, paid a lot of money, pick their own staff and they have at least some control of how we perform on the field. I get the criticism of Snyder and his puppet GM's, but they aren't going anywhere. Snyder is like 47 years old, he will own this team for the next 35 to 40 years at least. The blame is going to lay on the coach. At some point, we're going to get a coach in here that can lead men and get them to play at a high level week in and week out. Is Gruden that guy? Tonight is going to go a long way in answering that question.

I don't think you understand how significant a front office is. There our main problem for the last 15 years and are the reason why we have coaching changes every year. I actually believe Gruden has done a really good job so far. When we get creamed tonight, I won't go the distance to question his ability to lead. I question the players.

You can fire the whole team up George Allen style, but without talent, it won't matter. Good luck trying to develop a game plan where you have to work around with so many missing pieces, semi-pro secondary makes it impossible. It would be insane to take the defensive coordinator job of this team. You can only hide the problem for a few games and cross your fingers you don't get exposed.

I don't think you understand how significant a front office is. There our main problem for the last 15 years and are the reason why we have coaching changes every year. I actually believe Gruden has done a really good job so far. When we get creamed tonight, I won't go the distance to question his ability to lead. I question the players.

You can fire the whole team up George Allen style, but without talent, it won't matter. Good luck trying to develop a game plan where you have to work around with so many missing pieces, semi-pro secondary makes it impossible. It would be insane to take the defensive coordinator job of this team. You can only hide the problem for a few games and cross your fingers you don't get exposed.

I fully understand the importance of the front office. But at some point, the coach has got to earn his money. Gibbs won with moderate talent and Schottenheimer was well on his way to winning with marginal talent to say the least. The great coaches can lead and get the most out of their talent. It's not like we're the least talented team in the league. My point is is that Snyder is going to be here for forever, something's gotta give sooner or later.

Wonder if Trent will be looking for Sherman?

The biggest possible problem will be temper. Players taking a cheap shot and getting flagged for it; playing aggressive and playing dumb are close, but taking a cheap shot because your opponent is better than you doesn't give reason to do so.

Take a business approach to it; you make a good play, control your emotion, because its quite possible the very next play that player will beat you.

Luckily they're not a pass-oriented team, running and defense is their bread and butter, and thus far the run D has been good. I just hope Haslett doesn't play catch-up on the chess matches or it will be a very long night.

Unfortunately, this game will be ugly. 

Lynch, Wilson, Harvin...our swiss cheese defense..man it's gonna be ugly. 

I say we turn the ball over about 3 times, the game will be in hand probably by halftime. We'll come out to play, ready to pull the upset...but we're just flat out gunned, plus it's a primetime game (where we always stink).

Moral victories are for losers, but who thinks that a hard fought, relatively close loss would be a moral victory - not for the fans, but in the eyes of the Redskins themselves?

Moral victories are for losers, and I was upset after the Houston and Philly games when people called them moral victories. But the thing about them is that they can easily turn into victories if a ball bounces the right way. Take the Eagles game, if COusins doesn't throw that pick or the ball behind Garcon we could be talking about a win. If Morris/Griffin doesn't fumble against Houston we could be talking about a win.

I want this game to stay close so that we can have a chance to win it in the end.

Unfortunately, this game will be ugly. 

Lynch, Wilson, Harvin...our swiss cheese defense..man it's gonna be ugly. 

I say we turn the ball over about 3 times, the game will be in hand probably by halftime. We'll come out to play, ready to pull the upset...but we're just flat out gunned, plus it's a primetime game (where we always stink with the exception of the 2012 season).

fixed it for you :) you're welcome

Just letting everyone know I pulled out a wild card today that just might guarantee victory.

My 4 year old is alot like me as kid. I planted little seed on his head last night that Skins were playing today. He woke up for school and asked on his own to wear Skins tee.

Than I knew it was time. When I was a young boy, I willed this team to multiple championships. So, knowing he probably possesses same powers I asked him to REALLY hope for Redskins to win tonight.

It's on. Tone set. CHAMPIONSHIP

Skins are going to get crushed, we will be luck if we win more than 2 games this year. this team is cursed, no matter who runs it. 

This team is cursed BECAUSE of who runs it.

BTW- In typical fashion, Washington WILL win tonight. They will then lose 3 straight. Book it.

I'm guessing the tone will have a poor bass response despite having a low resonant peak and scooped out mmidrange. While Jordan Reed seems to prefer a glassy tone, the low impedance factor of our defense seems to cut off any resonant highs. Whiles tones are perhaps somewhat abstract concepts to convey linguistically, the pitch can be definitively identified as B flat.

Archived