Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keim: Hall has torn achilles

ExoDus84

Has anyone heard anything regarding recovery? I read that it was a rupture, and occurred higher up on the tendon than a typical tear. He'll have surgery, then wear a cast for 6 months. Has anyone heard if this is the kind of recovery that will allow him to play in one year, but really be more like 2 years before he's normal? Or, because of the emphasis on where the injury occurred, is it possible that he may be back to normal in time for training camp?

We are going to miss D-Hall against Dez.  Maybe give Champ a call for a 1 year deal.  We can use his leadership.

I don't see that happening. The Broncos, Saints, and Lions have given up on him, he's finished. We saw what Ed Reed contributed to the Jets last season (little to nothing) and I think Champ sadly would be the same story. Better off just giving the young guys a shot.

Good God no on the Champ nonsense. He would probably be a downgrade from Biggers or even Minniefield at this point.

This is harsh reality of a parity driven, salary-cap league: There are certain players on certain teams that are irreplaceable. We have a few: Trent is at the top of that list IMO. I'd include Garçon and probably Kerrigan in that group as well. Hall was my fourth guy. Those would be the four I would have "protected" from injury if I had a magic wand.

Now Hall is down and there isn't anything we can really do roster-wise.

All we can do is hope. First, hope that Breeland is at least adequate, hopefully better. Then hope that Porter gets healthy and is also adequate. Hope that Amerson can step up in class. Can certainly try to bring up Chase, Crawford, or a dude from someone else's practice squad, but that is a likely simply a depth move.

But really this boils down to Breeland. He's probably our only hope for this to not really hurt us this season.

He's done for the year. Not good for a secondary that's already suspect.

In regards to the secondary, It seems like it's "scheme" or coaching, IMO. Our DB's seem to take bad angles, drop assignments, etc. It wasn't just Rambo... I recall seeing Merriweather admiring a couple td's

Any decent FA's out there? Asante Samuel?

Say what you will about Hall, he was still our starting CB, and can't easily be replaced on the field.

We are going to miss D-Hall against Dez.  Maybe give Champ a call for a 1 year deal.  We can use his leadership.

I prefer to give our young guys some reps even though they may get toast rather than hiring some old geezers that may get toast as well. You learn from experience on the field and hopefully we will groom Breeland and Amerson to be decent corners for the future.

There is a reason why Samuel and Bailey are unemployed.

IMO we are not a playoff team, too many holes.

If he ever cpmes back from this injury he should play safety

BOOM! Nailed it! This is just what I was thinking. 

Hall's biggest attributes to this team that will be sorely missed are leadership and passion. I think, and I'm not alone, that Hall is a middle of the pack CB in the NFL. High risk reward with him, but seemed to give up a lot before we reaped the reward. Don't get me wrong, Skins will miss him, but I think Breeland is athletically superior to Hall, and has a chance to be good. I also think that Hall's skill set, now that he isn't afraid to tackle a ballcarrier, may be better suited to a ball-hawking free safety role. Be nice to have a safety that can cover a little bit.

Breeland will have some growing pains, all young corners do, but I think he has more than a fighting chance. Besides, he's made more plays on the ball than anyone in the Skins secondary this year, so far.

Finally, Amerson is the best corner on this team now. No doubt in my mind from what I've seen so far this year. 

This one is gonna hurt more as the season progresses... he has a way of improving as the season rolls.

Sucks for DeAngelo. I've said in various threads before that I am a Hall convert who didn't think much of him when he arrived but he has long since changed my head with his fire and leadership, even when he still makes the occasional gaffe. Dude cares about winning.

Best of luck to ya #23 and I'll never forget your 5 Pick game against the Bears.

Archived