Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keim: Hall has torn achilles

ExoDus84

I was all in for Chase when we signed him as an undrafted free agent but he was getting burnt by back ups in the preseason. The injuries have sapped all of his speed.

I wasn't saying he's a stud, but our secondary isn't full of talent.

Dunno, just sayin' Chase isn't good, but a lot of people seem to think he is.

Yeah I'm not saying he's that good, but we need someone to take a spot on the depth chart. What's going on with Porter?

Sucks to lose Hall but I'm kinda excited about a Breeland/Amerson starting CB duo. I think that'll be our future starting duo of the future anyway, may as well see what they've got.

Yeah, that could be fun to watch. I hope that they can learn on the job. Then again, if we drop Thursday's game (given the two teams we play after that) this whole year might be about the new staff and a new set of players gelling under Gruden. 

No matter what you think about DHall's play on the field he's a leader on this team. He's been on the team since 2008 and a lot of the players on the team love the guy. This one hurts a bit.

We're going to need to find a new starting corner next offseason, DHall probably won't be very good at age 31/32 coming back from an Achilles injury.

No matter what you think about DHall's play on the field he's a leader on this team. He's been on the team since 2008 and a lot of the players on the team love the guy. This one hurts a bit.

We're going to need to find a new starting corner next offseason, DHall probably won't be very good at age 31/32 coming back from an Achilles injury.

I agree

Probably needed to look for a new secondary next year anyway, minus Breeland and Amerson.

Real shame about Hall. He really grew on me over the years. I have an autographed football from him.

First, I hope we don't suffer any more injuries in the secondary because we will miss Hall.  Quality corners are not just sitting on practice squads waiting to play.

Second, Hall has not played poorly.  He has played average, and I think you would have seen better play as the season went on.  Now, who knows if he can come back or not.

He's one of the consistently better corners in the league over his career. I don't know what he has to do to get some respect!

Not according to the people who do the "advanced metrics" that people like to throw around on here, but really only listen to if it supports their assertions. That's beside the point, though. I've heard Hall called a ball hawk, and he's earned that, but cover corner is not one of the phrases I've heard used to describe him. Carlos Rogers was a cover corner.

Not according to the people who do the "advanced metrics" that people like to throw around on here, but really only listen to if it supports their assertions. That's beside the point, though. I've heard Hall called a ball hawk, and he's earned that, but cover corner is not one of the phrases I've heard used to describe him. Carlos Rogers was a cover corner.

True, although he has shown the ability to shut down superstars at times. Source: Dez Bryant.

I never got the dislike for Hall. He may go down as one of the most underappreciated Redskins players of all time. He's not at the level of Peterson, Sherman or Revis. But he's a good cornerback and covers very well. Sometimes he tries to make the big play and it backfires, but for the most part he's a good cover corner. Love him or hate him, you can't deny he was our best player in the secondary. This one is going to hurt and there's no way Breeland can replace his talent. I'm not saying Breeland can't play well but to match his caliber in his rookie season, will simply not happen.

Tracy Porter needs to be ready to play and Amerson needs to step up big time now. I have faith in Amerson, but it's the rest of the CB crew that I'm worried about. Ryan Clark needs to rally the troops up and get ready for the Giants. We all know the Salsa dance too well.

The loss of Hall is beyond huge.  They guy like others have said is a turnover machine.  Heck, he forced one today.  He is probably the one CB in the entire league that knows how to blanket Dez Bryant.  The guy was probably the one person they couldn't afford to lose and now they're going to have to rely on guys who aren't even half as good as him.  The secondary was already a HUGE question mark going into the season and now it's going to be even bigger.

I'll take a ball hawk over stone hands any day!

At this point, may as well just blitz 9 on every down

I never got the dislike for Hall. He may go down as one of the most underappreciated Redskins players of all time. He's not at the level of Peterson, Sherman or Revis. But he's a good cornerback and covers very well. Sometimes he tries to make the big play and it backfires, but for the most part he's a good cover corner. Love him or hate him, you can't deny he was our best player in the secondary. This one is going to hurt and there's no way Breeland can replace his talent. I'm not saying Breeland can't play well but to match his caliber in his rookie season, will simply not happen.

Tracy Porter needs to be ready to play and Amerson needs to step up big time now. I have faith in Amerson, but it's the rest of the CB crew that I'm worried about. Ryan Clark needs to rally the troops up and get ready for the Giants. We all know the Salsa dance too well.

What's gonna hurt is his passion is always 100% Redskins. It always feel like guys are quitting or not putting everything they have into it, Hall may be an ass every now and then but you can never call him a quitter.

What's gonna hurt is his passion is always 100% Redskins. It always feel like guys are quitting or not putting everything they have into it, Hall may be an ass every now and then but you can never call him a quitter.

He's one of the most passionate players on the team and he wants to be on our team. I'll admit he's never been one of my favorite players but I've always liked him and his passion. Sure he talks a lot of trash but most of that is just to get the opposing team rattled. I'll never forget the day Cutler gave him an invitation to the Pro Bowl with 4 interceptions to him.

Did anybody see the play where he got hurt? 

It looked to me like the turf monster grabbed him, no contact whatsoever.

When that happens its almost always serious. Big loss for us - whatever anyone says Hall is a good corner, he gives up plays but he makes plays and creates turnovers. That might be a career for him as well.

Next man up! Its an opportunity for someone to step up.

Archived