Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins Coverage of the Tampa preseaon game "The Rookies Big Chance" GAME PICS POSTED - FINAL

HapHaszard

So you want to trade our probowl fullback to keep a rookie who hasnt played a down of meaningful football...

yeah, people get a little carried away.

I will say that they need to find a way to hang onto redd and strunk tho, they've looked really good, strunk especially with that speed. I'd be real upset if they cut him and dallass or the fecals or giants pick him up.. ny especially because that place is a black hole for running backs

Unsure if training camp is a whole different story with these guys..but from what we witnessed during the preseason games, Silas Redd is a lock. Then again, it would be almost crazy to cut Seastrunk. Maybe consider trading Helu & Young to make room for these guys?

I wouldnt trade young. He's a Redskin through and through. Oh and he's our only FB.

But you do have a good idea to try to get rid of a few of the back via trade. Good thinking!

Not sure what we could realistically get for Helu. He's a decent back but hasn't e exactly made a name for himself around the league. Maybe a 4th or 5th. Either way I want to hold on to Strunk and Redd.

Absolutely nothing.  A conditional 7th and a turkey-bacon breakfast sandwich at Starbucks. 

Backup RBs have no value in today's NFL.  There are tons of "Helu's" out there.  The only backs that are really tradeable are the superstar backs.

Yes.

We say it every year

But no one has said it any better than Gruden's face did after the Seastrunk 80 yard TD  laff.gif

I am not sure I have ever seen a head coach look so distressed after a long TD, with the lead.

If he was so concerned, why would he even play him?

Unsure if training camp is a whole different story with these guys..but from what we witnessed during the preseason games, Silas Redd is a lock. Then again, it would be almost crazy to cut Seastrunk. Maybe consider trading Helu & Young to make room for these guys?

Young? Are you drunk? Gruden has already gushed over him, saying he will be a major part of the offense. He is our best 3rd down back, by far. FBs have no trade value and we have no one who could come close to playing his position.

Young will be the second most productive player in our back field this year. Book it. He will get a lot of first downs, extra yardage plays and force safeties to stay put and allow our WRs to fly.

Young is as valuable as Morris at this point and maybe even more, with the guys behind Morris.

I know it's a bit early to say this but I also feel the same way about Helu. Yea he's ripped off a couple but I don't feel like he's done enough to make me ps redd or strunk.

Too early to say that about Helu? No way man. Hes been around for a while and has done nothing to impress me as a runner. He's always hurt. Hes an average runner at best. 

Yes.

We say it every year

But no one has said it any better than Gruden's face did after the Seastrunk 80 yard TD  laff.gif

I am not sure I have ever seen a head coach look so distressed after a long TD, with the lead.

you know why that is?  Because the plan was to stick him in the PS.  That is why he was not featured extensively during preaseason also.  IMO there is no way you can stick him there, he will not clear waivers.  The kid has explosive moves and speed, and please people don't tell me CT is like that.  No way no how.

Way off topic...sorry

How come I can't quote posts with my Mac but can with my iPad?  Anyone else having this issue?

HTTR!

I'm on a Mac and I can quote.  Not sure what would be causing that issue, try using a different browser.

Now, as for the RBs, this is my take.  CT, Redd, and Seastrunk all have PS eligibility.

If I'm looking at all these RBs and their history, not just the last 4 preseason games, then I dump Royster right off the bat.  The guy has had one good game since being in the league and hasn't done anything of note since.  He's not even in consideration if I'm cutting players.

Helu I keep because he's got the same amount of experience as Royster, but he's a little more dynamic.

I'd keep Redd because he's the style of player Alfred is, can make a move or two, runs over people, gets hard yards inside, and knows how to cut through a hole.

I'd also keep Seastrunk because of his speed.  Sure CT is ahead of him, but no one's going to pick up CT off the PS, he STILL can't stay healthy so why would you risk it?  If we've kept Helu, who can play more at the beginning of the season, then you can risk keeping more unexperienced players behind him, since they won't be depended on right away.  This gives the team time to prepare Redd and Seastrunk to take over as the #2 and 3 next year.

I'm on a Mac and I can quote.  Not sure what would be causing that issue, try using a different browser.

Now, as for the RBs, this is my take.  CT, Redd, and Seastrunk all have PS eligibility.

If I'm looking at all these RBs and their history, not just the last 4 preseason games, then I dump Royster right off the bat.  The guy has had one good game since being in the league and hasn't done anything of note since.  He's not even in consideration if I'm cutting players.

Helu I keep because he's got the same amount of experience as Royster, but he's a little more dynamic.

I'd keep Redd because he's the style of player Alfred is, can make a move or two, runs over people, gets hard yards inside, and knows how to cut through a hole.

I'd also keep Seastrunk because of his speed.  Sure CT is ahead of him, but no one's going to pick up CT off the PS, he STILL can't stay healthy so why would you risk it?  If we've kept Helu, who can play more at the beginning of the season, then you can risk keeping more unexperienced players behind him, since they won't be depended on right away.  This gives the team time to prepare Redd and Seastrunk to take over as the #2 and 3 next year.

Thanks JFlow...change browser to Firefox and I can now quote!  Y'all ****es in trouble now!

HTTR!

I am onboard with some combo of Seastrunk, Redd and CT making the team....maybe CT on the practice squad.  I would not be upset with the loss of Royster nor Helu.  Royster would be first to go, next would be Helu.  They have had numerous chances to impress, and neither could claim the starting job over a rookie in Morris a couple of seasons ago. 

Granted I did not see the last 2 preseason games due to work, but both Redd and Seastrunk have left very positive impressions with the carries they had in the first 2 preseason games. 

CT is the wild card to me.  As someone else mentioned, he has many supporters, and I thought he would be that explosive back with his speed advantage that Morris just does not possess.  But, injuries have limited him......maybe there are other issues as well.  While I would hate to lose a potential stud at RB, he just really has not done anything on the field to leave that positive impression with me.

And...no way Young goes anywhere but on the field as a Redskin player this season....

Guys you can't teach speed and sizzle!  Seastrunk has that in spades and will not last on our PS.  He makes the final 53.

I'm also liking Redd over Royster as they both have similar skills.  The coaches will probably go with their own picks.

HTTR!

Too early to say that about Helu? No way man. Hes been around for a while and has done nothing to impress me as a runner. He's always hurt. Hes an average runner at best.

I completely agree. I put that in there to calm down the football nazis in here. I also feel the same way about CT, royster, Chester, and polumbus.

lol We say this EVERY year about a player and every single year no one picks them up and we're able to stash them on the PS. 

Seastrunk is a first round talent.  Look at all of his draft analysis and what he did at Baylor.

He has done nothing but prove that since he has gotten the opportunity.  Not flash here and there....every single time he touches the ball you see the talent that he has.  I have no doubt in my mind that he is the best back we have.

If he was so concerned, why would he even play him?

He had to have at least 2 backs last night, someone he wants was going to play. Royster, lets say he was the odd man out. 

Maybe he played him to try to get him into shape. I found Seastrunk so gassed, concerning. And its more than him.

Hearing Bellichek was running sprints at the end of practice, while our players were taking showers, has had me on the lookout for players being out of shape. 

CT will be cut - he is too often hurt. He can go to PS if needed, but I doubt we bother.

Royster will be cut

Redd will be cut and be moved to the PS.

Morris, Helu and Seastrunk make the team.  At this point, it is okay to be gassed after a couple plays - that is all LS will be getting per game.

Archived