Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins Coverage of the Tampa preseaon game "The Rookies Big Chance" GAME PICS POSTED - FINAL

HapHaszard

CT doesn't deserve to be on this team. Royster although not a horrible player isn't going forward. Redd is powerful but I fear not ready for the big boys yet. Seastrunk has that homerun speed potential and IMO is the best change of pace back on this squad. If we put him on the PS, then he will get snatched up by another team.

It needs to be:

1. Morris

2. Helu Jr.

3. Seastrunk

4. Darrell Young

Unless we cut the cult of Colt there won't be enough room to keep another RB. I doubt we let McCoy go just because of the whole injury factor. However if we do decide to part ways and only keep 2 QB's, then I say Royster makes the team. Say what you will but he's probably the best pass blocking RB on the team and that's what Gruden wants. Redd will most likely be on the PS and CT will be cut.

We can keep 5 backs while keeping Colt.

3 QB, 4 backs, 3 TEs, 6 WR, 9 OL is 25

6 DL, 8 LB, 5 CBs, 4 Safeties is 23

So you have two players to spend to bump up two positions. Personally I'd go an extra RB and an extra Saftey

ill throw in a post for Ryan Grant too.  I wont pretend to know I fully understand the WR position, I won't act like the 4th preseason game means that much, and I damn sure don't want to evaluate a player over ONE play especially in that game...BUT....that touchdown catch was just a little too convincing.  Snare it in on the back shoulder.  Beautiful.  Impossible to defend and that was Colt freaking McCoy throwing it.  Perfect example really because every other endzone throw was a pick lol.  That spot, to a receiver who can snare it it?  Huge.  Pierre can do it too.  

I foresee some convincing, professional looking red zone plays this year.

ill throw in a post for Ryan Grant too.  I wont pretend to know I fully understand the WR position, I won't act like the 4th preseason game means that much, and I damn sure don't want to evaluate a player over ONE play especially in that game...BUT....that touchdown catch was just a little too convincing.  Snare it in on the back shoulder.  Beautiful.  Impossible to defend and that was Colt freaking McCoy throwing it.  Perfect example really because every other endzone throw was a pick lol.  That spot, to a receiver who can snare it it?  Huge.  Pierre can do it too.  

I foresee some convincing, professional looking red zone plays this year.

That was hilarious when he tried to spin the ball

Seastrunk has to make the team. He won't last 5 seconds on the Practice Squad. Royster is just a guy, dime a dozen player in this league.

lol We say this EVERY year about a player and every single year no one picks them up and we're able to stash them on the PS. 

lol We say this EVERY year about a player and every single year no one picks them up and we're able to stash them on the PS. 

[player waived]  (holds breath)

[confirmation finally comes in they are safely on the PS] (releases breath)

My prediction is 

RB:Morris (nothing needs to be said)

RB:Helu(our back up bell cow)

RB:Thompson(Plays special teams unlike seastrunk and also has speed like seastrunk and has flashed like every back on the roster not named Royster IMO)

FB: Young (nothing needs to be said) 

Seastrunk and Redd make PS and Royster is gone for good. 

I feel Redd showed that he could replace Helu in the future but I think he needs a year of seasoning before that takes place and Seastrunk showed he can play in this league but he needs a year of seasoning too. If you watch Seastrunk after runs, he's usually gassed so quickly, he's out of shape and a year in the NFL will help his game tremendously.

I think Redd and CT are the only two, outside of Morris, who have that "special" ceiling.

Strunk maybe, but he needs a year, before he is NFL ready.

The Roys are..........meh.

If CT can stay healthy, getting ten plays a game, he adds the most to our offense.

3rd down back and player who makes the biggest impact to our offense, our wildcard, D Young.

I don't understand how Seastrunk is at all on the bubble.

I thought they held him out in games 2 and 3 so he wouldn't get hurt going into the season.

Forget making the team!  He is the best running back we have

Best...I'll go with morris over him. But he's the most exciting to watch imo.

And I'm with you, This guy need to be on the 53.

I would agree, he was a 6th round pick for a reason.  I doubt the rest of the league threw out their scouting reports based on the preseason.

Man for the life of me i dont see what people see in CT. He's just another guy plain and simple.

I know it's a bit early to say this but I also feel the same way about Helu. Yea he's ripped off a couple but I don't feel like he's done enough to make me ps redd or strunk.

We also say this every single year and it DOES happen.  Antonio Dixon, Chase Daniel, Cody Glenn, Willie Smith just to name a few in the past few years.  All with FAR less natural talent then Seastrunk.

I would agree, he was a 6th round pick for a reason.  I doubt the rest of the league threw out their scouting reports based on the preseason.

Alfred Morris was a 6th round pick.  Could we have stashed him on our practice squad 2 years ago?  No, of course not.  Not saying Lache's preseason compared to Alf's but scouts do pay attention and adjust to preseason obviously.

We also say this every single year and it DOES happen.  Antonio Dixon, Chase Daniel, Cody Glenn, Willie Smith just to name a few in the past few years.  All with FAR less natural talent then Seastrunk.

Alfred Morris was a 6th round pick.  Could we have stashed him on our practice squad 2 years ago?  No, of course not.  Not saying Lache's preseason compared to Alf's but scouts do pay attention and adjust to preseason obviously.

I agree with this.

Also another thing to remember is if the competition is close between Lache & Ct, if I'm Gruden I'm going with my guy I drafted rookie or not. I dont see this decision as being a hard one. I also dont think Lache make it to the PS either. Just too explosive. Ct havent really shown anything. I HEAR alot of good things about him but rarely do I see any of it.

Same can be said for for Redd and Royster. I'm no scout but Royster isnt as good as he get credit for on ES imo.

Yes.

We say it every year

But no one has said it any better than Gruden's face did after the Seastrunk 80 yard TD  laff.gif

I am not sure I have ever seen a head coach look so distressed after a long TD, with the lead.

Haha. Yeah I was watching and saw that and I could tell the gears were turning. "So much for practice squad...damn."

I still cant quote people? ughh

"Why did Redd get most of the carries"

Argue his been the best back this pre-season.  He runs hard and his got some moves.  Sometimes I think his our #2.  As much as I like Helu and what his done, I kind of want to see some fresh (new) legs.  These are guys we drafted, why not give them a chance.  Redd and Lache bring some great things to our backfield.  CT hasn't really done anything with the so-called "ability" he has.  Why not put him on PS

Unsure if training camp is a whole different story with these guys..but from what we witnessed during the preseason games, Silas Redd is a lock. Then again, it would be almost crazy to cut Seastrunk. Maybe consider trading Helu & Young to make room for these guys?

Unsure if training camp is a whole different story with these guys..but from what we witnessed during the preseason games, Silas Redd is a lock. Then again, it would be almost crazy to cut Seastrunk. Maybe consider trading Helu & Young to make room for these guys?

So you want to trade our probowl fullback to keep a rookie who hasnt played a down of meaningful football...

Archived