Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins Coverage of the Tampa preseaon game "The Rookies Big Chance" GAME PICS POSTED - FINAL

HapHaszard

I think there are going to a be A LOT of infuriated fans, because I would not be shocked if they go Morris, Heku, Royster, CT, and try and get either LS or Redd to the PS.

Something just tells me Royster is going to make the team and that's going to cause the board to crash.

FWIW, I'd take Morris, Helu, Redd and LS.

But still a risk to stash him though?

If we are keeping four I keep him.  I think he can make it through.  Morroco Brown said that he really liked him (he's now with the Browns) before our PS game with them.  I don't think he offers anything we don't have, but he could  provide stability if there is an injury.

It'll be interesting to see what we do to get to 52 in order to facilitate the Meriweather suspension.

You had to have been a Cult of Colt member

And you must think a 2nd String RB has to be Jim Brown in order to play in this league. Its RB, not QB. Either you can run or you can not. And Redd can obviously run. Dude has power, speed, good vision, and has not fumbled one time this preseason.

Helu should be the #2, ONLY because of his pass protect ability. But talent wise, Redd or Seastrunk are the better backs. Before the injury, I was more then happy with Helu. I thought he would eventually get some of that speed back. But he's still slow. 

Overall a good preseason.

If this first team offense can get their act together, this team will compete.

Not as bad a 3-13 last year.  Definitely added a lot of toys on both sides of the ball and eliminated a huge problem (or two) on the sideline.

A big difference from last year IMHO will be the defense [addition of Hatcher, etc if they can keep up what they've been showing on defense this preseason], and that should give more lifelines to the offense to find their rhythm. 

He played against the patriots starters and struggled that's my point. People are salivating over guys who are dominating against 3rd team players but playing against starting defense is a whole different animal. 

I'm not salivating over any of our backs other than Morris and Helu because they are proven, the rest aren't proven so any of us getting "Hyped" about their performance is rather premature since it's against guys who will be stocking groceries in a few months. 

I don't think people are crowning Redd and Seastrunk as already great player who are going to do a lot for us this year. That's definitely not how I feel. I'm excited because they have showcased skills that can translate to real games. Seastrunk has his speed and quickness that cannot be taught, Redd his patience, (a good enough amount of) shiftiness, and power.

But what does Thompson have to show? He has NOTHING except for his 4/41 receiving tonight and a special team TD from last year. From all reports Thompson has been good in camp, but anyone can be a camp star, especially in these low contact practices the NFL has these days. Otherwise he can't stay healthy. Redd and Seastrunk have shown a lot more just by being out on the field and straight up deserve to make the team over Thompson even if all of their performances have been against scrubs.

Does that mean Akeem Jordan is okay?  I didn't catch his status after he seemed to be injured.

Joey T said he was able to walk off under his own power quite easily. But I may be jumping to a conclusion. Haven't heard any further word either. 

Redd and Seastrunk have made me forget about others.  I really liked Helu coming in his rookie year, no question, he even has some redskins records, but dang if Redd just keeps going.  Wish, I could see both Seastrunk and Redd against first string Defenders.  Going to be a hard decision, but I like the rookies.

He played against the patriots starters and struggled that's my point. People are salivating over guys who are dominating against 3rd team players but playing against starting defense is a whole different animal. 

I'm not salivating over any of our backs other than Morris and Helu because they are proven, the rest aren't proven so any of us getting "Hyped" about their performance is rather premature since it's against guys who will be stocking groceries in a few months. 

^this

Does that mean Akeem Jordan is okay?  I didn't catch his status after he seemed to be injured.

He was back in a couple of plays later.

I was more impressed with Seastrunk this preseason than Thompson.

If I was Gruden, I'd keep 5 RBs:

Morris, Helu, Redd, Seastrunk, and Young

We are keeping 4 RBs.  DY is being carried as a FB.  Jay already said.

So that lineup above is possible.

Streamed the game (stream2u.me), then streamed 980 and it synced pretty good, maybe a 1/2 sec delay.  Those Bucs announcers sucked - wish I thought of this last weekend, those announcers sucked too.  Just an idea to throw out there for any future streamer.

Gruden post-game live now 980. 7:27pm PST - Over 7:33pm

well...3-1 in the pre-season. at least we aren't 4-0 this time. it gives us wayyy too much confiddence. our record shows that we're better than the bucs, but that we aren't as good as the ravens, which means there is still work to do. the players and coaches know that, and i think we'll be ready for next sunday :)

Archived