Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins Coverage of the Tampa preseaon game "The Rookies Big Chance" GAME PICS POSTED - FINAL

HapHaszard

either way, thats two ACL's in two years if its torn, which would just blow balls for anyone

Yeah, I can't imagine the amount of frustration that someone must feel going through that once, preparing for a good season, then having it happen all over again.

It's just another reason that Adam Carriker is so amazing.  That dude rehabs throughout most of his career it seems like, but never quits.

My prediction for final roster for the heck of it, certainly just my opinion. I'm sure I'll get some good feedback from you guys:

Offense (25):

QB(3)

Robert Griffin III

Kirk Cousins

Colt McCoy

RB(4)

Alfred Morris

Roy Helu

Silas Redd

Darrel Young

WR(6)

Pierre Garcon

Desean Jackson

Andre Roberts

Ryan Grant

Santana Moss

Aldrick Robinson

TE(3)

Jordan Reed

Logan Paulsen

Niles Paul

OT(4)

Trent Williams

Tyler Polumbus

Morgan Moses

Tom Compton

OG(4)

Shaun Lauvao

Chris Chester

Spencer Long

Josh Leribeus

C(1)

Kory Lictensteiger

Defense (25):

DE(5)

Jason Hatcher

Jarvis Jenkins

Chris Baker

Kedric Golston

Clifton Geathers

NT(2)

Barry Cofield

Robert Thomas

OLB(4)

Brian Orakpo

Ryan Kerrigan

Trent Murphy

Everette Brown

ILB(3)

Perry Riley

Keenan Robinson

Adam Hayward

Akeem Jordan

CB(6)

Deangelo Hall

David Amerson

Tracy Porter

EJ Biggers

Bashaud Breeland

Richard Crawford

S(4)

Ryan Clark

Brandon Meriweather

Bacarri Rambo

Akeem Davis

Special Teams (3):

Zach Hocker

Robert Malone

Nick Sundberg

Notables:

Stephen Bowen - PUP

Leonard Hankerson - PUP

Philip Thomas - IR

Chris Neild - IR

Brandon Meriweather - Will probably get a roster exemption for first two weeks, make way for a rental on a young player

PS (10):

Chris Thompson

Lache Seastrunk

Lee Doss

Tevita Stevens

Gabe Miller

Will Compton

Ted Bolser

Trenton Robinson

Chase Minnifield

DaMon Cromartie-Smith

Sheehan on 980 just saying that he thinks its Royster and CT making the team.

I just dont see what CT has done and everybody knows that coaches like to keep their own draft picks. If Hocker, Seastrunk and that scrub TE all don't make the team that would be the most in years.

Sheehan on 980 just saying that he thinks its Royster and CT making the team.

I just dont see what CT has done and everybody knows that coaches like to keep their own draft picks. If Hocker, Seastrunk and that scrub TE all don't make the team that would be the most in years.

If this happens it will drive me crazy. Seastrunk and Redd have completely shown up CT and Royster. 

Is it good news or bad news that Gruden is going to talk to Hank tomorrow? Any guesses?

I think it's a hint that he'll be PUP'd. You never know what kind of injuries you'll get at WR up to Week 6 and it would be nice to have him as an option once this regime can see him in practice for two weeks (I think that's the rule before you have to make a decision).

I think it's a hint that he'll be PUP'd. You never know what kind of injuries you'll get at WR up to Week 6 and it would be nice to have him as an option once this regime can see him in practice for two weeks (I think that's the rule before you have to make a decision).

hmm. yeah thats what i was thinking the conversation would be like as well. plus, we are stacked at WR, so barring any injuries leading up to week 6, we should be fine without him until we're sure he's ready to play.

hmm. yeah thats what i was thinking the conversation would be like as well. plus, we are stacked at WR, so barring any injuries leading up to week 6, we should be fine without him until we're sure he's ready to play.

I have a bad feeling he gets released if we don't have an injury there. I would gamble he'd be available a few weeks later off the street should we need him but in my opinion PUP is the best way to sneak him on the roster in a way.

I think Gabe Miller and Will Compton are roster locks.

I think Seastrunk SHOULD be.

I would argue that they should be but the numbers are so tight. I think my predictions above could be tweaked in the event Akeem Jordan's injury is significant. I could see Will Compton replacing him even if he's healthy. But I know for certain both Will and Gabe are PS eligible(not sure about Jordan), and who would really pick them off our practice squad to move to their 53? I've seen Jordan a lot on teams which is why I gave him the edge.

Lache is interesting and certainly could be picked off our PS, but I gave Redd the edge because he's proven at least to me in preseason that he can be a between the tackles runner. He's relatively fast, but I think the coaches would see him as a good back-up to Morris, with Helu still keeping the 3rd down role. What jumped out to me is how he ran through tackles, toughness, and ball security. Lache will break ankles sure, but Redd can break tackles which I think would be more appealing to Gruden and Co.

If it comes down to three backs?  hmmmmm, Im kind of liking the rookies.  Can we trade Helu or Royster for some OL, haha.  there making me forget about the others outside of Morris unfortunately.  Sucks, cause they didn't play against first team and theres Helu

I have a bad feeling he gets released if we don't have an injury there. I would gamble he'd be available a few weeks later off the street should we need him but in my opinion PUP is the best way to sneak him on the roster in a way.

oh yeah definitely. way too much talent at WR for him to be given a spot in 6 weeks if our WRs are healthy.

I would argue that they should be but the numbers are so tight. I think my predictions above could be tweaked in the event Akeem Jordan's injury is significant. I could see Will Compton replacing him even if he's healthy. But I know for certain both Will and Gabe are PS eligible(not sure about Jordan), and who would really pick them off our practice squad to move to their 53? I've seen Jordan a lot on teams which is why I gave him the edge.

Lache is interesting and certainly could be picked off our PS, but I gave Redd the edge because he's proven at least to me in preseason that he can be a between the tackles runner. He's relatively fast, but I think the coaches would see him as a good back-up to Morris, with Helu still keeping the 3rd down role. What jumped out to me is how he ran through tackles, toughness, and ball security. Lache will break ankles sure, but Redd can break tackles which I think would be more appealing to Gruden and Co.

See, I disagree. I think Gruden is dying to find a quick/fast/explosive player at RB to pair Morris with. He pounded the table for Gio Bernard in CIN and I think he wants either CT or Seastrunk to eventually be that guy here.

I don't think he's concerned with finding a direct back-up to Morris who can pound it up the middle for 4 YPC if necessary. Royster or a guy like him will be waiting when the phone rings.

See, I disagree. I think Gruden is dying to find a quick/fast/explosive player at RB to pair Morris with. He pounded the table for Gio Bernard in CIN and I think he wants either CT or Seastrunk to eventually be that guy here.

I don't think he's concerned with finding a direct back-up to Morris who can pound it up the middle for 4 YPC if necessary. Royster or a guy like him will be waiting when the phone rings.

No I can definitely see your point of view. But I haven't really seen Lache run through tackles and you have to believe the electric plays he's shown would be minimized by sound starting defenses and better angles. I'd be happy either way....it's just a shame that for some reason Helu is given a pass as a roster lock...he's nursed a lot of injuries like hammys and foot injuries and missed some time himself like CT. I personally don't think he's a physical player and he hasn't shown, at least to me, to be that much better at blitz recognition and pick-up. I've seen him miss his share of blocks too.

Edit: That's a good point about Royster probably being available if needed. But he's also been pretty good on special teams this preseason which on second thought makes me wonder if that'll factor in.

If it comes down to three backs?  hmmmmm, Im kind of liking the rookies.  Can we trade Helu or Royster for some OL, haha.  there making me forget about the others outside of Morris unfortunately.  Sucks, cause they didn't play against first team and theres Helu

Helu and Cousins to the browns for a second!

No injuries to key guys! Successful preseason!

Hope Neild is okay though. Good guy, hoping for the best for him.

I think it was watching his 'getting drafted' video where he's around friends and family, gets drafted super late, and it's all touching and everything.  Plus he's just a big badass bearded west virginia mountain dude. I just like him.  And he has made some appearances, I believe he was in the 2012 cowboys 2nd game, late in the game perhaps around the time romo threw the pick, but I remember seeing that big fat bearded dude and thinking it was good.  Thinking if Albert Haynesworth was too stubborn to play nose tackle and eat people, then this guy would do just that.  Maybe not a super great starting talent, but a guy who's damn sure willing to do it....which it probably why he's likely to get rolled on and hurt too...

In a weird, 4th preseason game kind of way, I was super bummed seeing him laying on the field.  Really hoping it's nothing year ending.

Don't think Will Compton makes it. Was pretty bad in coverage and Heyward, Jordan, Sharpton, Riley and Robinson are all better.

Think Thompson goes to the practice squad and Seastrunk and Redd make the team, although I think we'd be able to get away with stashing Lache on the PS.

Dark horse guys who will make it: Gabe Miller, Akeem Davis, Richard Crawford, Silas Redd and maaaaaybe Clifton Geathers.

CT doesn't deserve to be on this team. Royster although not a horrible player isn't going forward. Redd is powerful but I fear not ready for the big boys yet. Seastrunk has that homerun speed potential and IMO is the best change of pace back on this squad. If we put him on the PS, then he will get snatched up by another team.

It needs to be:

1. Morris

2. Helu Jr.

3. Seastrunk

4. Darrell Young

Unless we cut the cult of Colt there won't be enough room to keep another RB. I doubt we let McCoy go just because of the whole injury factor. However if we do decide to part ways and only keep 2 QB's, then I say Royster makes the team. Say what you will but he's probably the best pass blocking RB on the team and that's what Gruden wants. Redd will most likely be on the PS and CT will be cut.

Archived