Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2014 Redskins vs Browns

NoLeafClover

We've been outplaying the browns the WHOLE game, not sure how anybody could at this point in the game be disappointed.

The only thing that the browns did that made me say WOW they dominated us was the goal line stand which is expected the browns are going to have a top5 defense this year.

Nah, thats a FAN-centered view. We've made the same type of mistakes that we made all last year, able to move the ball between the 20s, but offense freezes up or turns it over in the red zone. Our defense has looked good, but more because of Cleveland's inept offense than our own skills. We've been beat a few times by Gordon and by the TE, but they seem to continually drop balls or get balls thrown behind them.

The Browns defense looks good, but Alfred is supposed to be a top5 running back. If he can't run against top5 defenses then whats the point? Our passing game looked good, but all I take from that is that chemistry is getting good. RG3 still needs to progress with making decisions under pressure, but he did look good at doing his progressions and delivering the ball. I think he had 2 drops (Jackson and Reed with the drops) and a pic. So that 6/9 statline is pretty good in that regard.

But I can't get too excited about our offense because EVERY drive that we moved the ball on was extended by a defensive penalty, particularly the "touchdown" drive where it was 3rd and 17 and we got 2 yards on a scramble but there was defensive holding.

wasnt kai signed after the 4th game against the bucs in the 2012 regular season?

I just remember it was after Cundiff missed a boatload of kicks and acted insulted that they brought Kai in and got sent packing. My memory is not great though.

Archived