Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The state of D.C. sports (poll)

Sticksboi05

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who is D.C.'s most popular athlete after RGIII?

2. 2. Which team is closest to a championship after the Nationals?

I went with Ovi.  He's still DC's only real MVP candidate, plus he's just a fun guy to have around the town.  

For the Cship question, I went with the Wizards, just because the Caps and Skins are nowhere close and the Wiz might sign Kevin Durant after next season.  Durant + Wall + Beal would be a force.

They're already an exciting team...

Yeah, they were fun to watch during the playoffs. During the regular season I'll tune in for a few minutes here and there but my heart is with the Caps and it's tough to force the wife to watch any more sports than I already make her.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hands down Wall is the most popular right now. And I change my vote to the Wizards as second closest to winning a title not only because the Redskins have sucked, but mainly due to the fact that right now, the East teams aren't as powerful as I thought they could be and the Wizards are actually playing as well as I thought they could be. 

Alex Ovechkin, still better in his sport than any of the others are at theirs, lagging behind.

Typical Washington sports fans. Hockey was cool for a couple of seasons and now they've moved on to the next hot thing.

Of course.  Thats why I always hated hockey here in DC, hated the whole "rock the red" thing.  Nothing but a bunch of bandwagoning fans who want to be seen at the Verizon center because its the trendy thing to do and they can yap about it on the Hill the next day.

I've always thought Baseball and Hockey's seasonal popularity was more of a function of suburban people flocking to games when band wagoning seemed fruitful.

I probably haven't watched the wiz as long as some, started in '99, but it feels weird to know so many historically non wiz fans sprouting up. I'm glad the franchise will grow cause of it, I just hope they stick around should the dark times come around again.  

Archived