Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The state of D.C. sports (poll)

Sticksboi05

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who is D.C.'s most popular athlete after RGIII?

2. 2. Which team is closest to a championship after the Nationals?

Went with Harper/Caps.

It's really close on both of them.

I think they're all about on the same level for the first question, except Stras. Sorry dude. Ovi would be top if the team didn't underperform and actually got a cup. More on that in a sec.

Harper seems to stand out in my mind in terms of celebrity, for some reason. He seems to have infiltrated the collective DC consciousness. Ovi has faded a tad and is just below him. Wall is there too, but I think it would take an NBA Championship for him, he doesnt seem to have the same media penetration, but maybe that's just what I watch and see.

I gave it to the Caps on the second question because they've seemingly gotten their act together so far. Hopefully that continues. But everyone except the Redskins could conceivably pull it off. Redskins need at least 2-3 more years, assuming Kirk works out.

And of course Durant would shift the situation a lot.

I noticed today how popular baseball and football were as opposed to basketball which is virtually never mentioned in this city.

Rankings of relevance

Football

Baseball

Hockey

Soccer

Womens basketball

Basketball

*I wish to clarify by basketball meaning pro basketball because no one talks about or cares about the wizards

Ovi, Harper, Cousins, Espanola, Rolfe, that wizards pg dude

Archived