Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I felt Kansas was the one who got the shaft. They get UConn immediately, then get MD (probably), then Miami or Villanova. They may play 4 straight against teams ranked 1 or 2 at some point this year.

Uh, UConn has barely been ranked this year, guys anyway, and Miami has barely made top 10.

To me, it's Nova that got screwed. Didn't get a 1 seed, then gets in the same bracket as the overall #1. I think KU and Nova have been #1 longer than any other teams.

Terps have the lowest basketball IQ I've seen in a long time

Good defense to close it out.

Why wouldn't you call timeout there if you're SDSU? Draw something up. Its amazing how dumb these coaches are. Congrats on taking your timeout home with you.

Had an appointment. Just finished watching. Ummm...yeah. Business as usual for the Terps. I feel I'm watching the same game over and over.

Lazy. Just a lazy team on offense (turnovers) and lazy on defense. Like Warhead said, low basketball IQ. If we had lost I would have laughed my ass off (because I'm tired of being mad) and hoped that Turdgeon would be fired.

18 point lead and they "again" fail to put their foot on the opponents throat. Won't get away with that against Kansas, if they even get past Hawaii.

Edited by pjfootballer

That's right Burgold. The fact that they built an 18 point lead was impressive. IIRC they NEVER trailed in the game.

While I was sweating a little I know that we get to watch our Terps play another one. The fans of the MSU's of the world only wish they could say that.

• Like 1

First and foremost, good job by the Terps to win today. The thing that made me most proud was the fact that they fought through a pretty poorly officiated game. For a while, every contested shot by SDST was a foul on MD. Carter made two huge baskets late in the game through a lot of contact and no foul. But if you want to win in March, you have to fight through these things and the team did.

Having said that, Trimble and Sulaimon have to be smarter than they were. You know the game is being tightly officiated. Maryland benefited from some ticky tack calls as well. So when they are shooting a 3, you cannot make contact. Both of those fouls were obvious fouls, and both have probably gotten away with contact like that this year. But They have to understand how this game is being called and in both cases make the guy earn the 3 and don't give him 6 uncontested foul shots.

I'm still amazed at how much better the team plays when they pass the ball. And by passing I don't mean handoffs outside the 3 point arc. I mean working it inside, kicking it out, making the extra pass some times. Guys catch the ball in rhythm and get much better shots. it's no coincidence they make a lot of those shots. But for some reason, they stop moving the ball and go back to trying to dribble through the defense or just shooting pull up contested jumpers. Part of that is on Turgeon who took his foot off the gas and started to celebrate like he did against Nebraska a week ago. But the other part is on Trimble and Sulaimon. They run the offense and need to make sure it's flowing and they are not just standing around.

On to Hawaii. They cannot overlook them. Come out and play with intensity and move the ball on offense.

Edited by Redskin4ever
  • Like 1

So, ummm, where are all the posters here who were so sure the Terps would lose in game #1 of the tourney?

At least they stayed in longer than MSU.

I don't recall anyone guaranteeing they would lose. I recall several of us saying it was certainly possible they could lose and we were right.

In the tournament a win is a win though. With that said, they won't see next weekend if the carry that second half into Sunday.

In the tournament, a win is a win.  No such thing as an ugly loss.  Every team is scrapping for their life.

You have to bring 110% every game, or you go home.  Simple as that.  Maryland played extremely well for 80% of the game, then kind of slipped up down the stretch.  They still won.

Need to bring intensity against Hawaii, or else they will lose.

I've maintained this team is extremely talented.  They are capable of a run.