Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The question is whether Melo and carter (and maybe stone) have struggled enough lately that they've slipped too far in the draft.

Stone will go because he's big and talented. Guys that size with talent don't stay in college.

Trimble has played the last couple months like he is just counting the days until he leaves. You are correct that his play has caused his stock to drop. Lately, he has looked like a guy who gets drafted late in the 1st or early in the 2nd who flames out pretty quickly. Quite a change.

I don't think Carter is NBA material the way he has played. He looks lost and hasn't showed as much skill as he did earlier in the year.

This is college and the Big 10 is no different then the ACC. Road games in conference against ranked opponents are always going to be tough. Some MD fans kill me with all their complaining. Where was this program 3-4 years ago? Look at it now. Locked in the top 20 two years in a row with high quality recruits coming each year. 

We should do well in the Big 10 tourney, maybe not win it, but it will be fun to watch.

NCAA is all that counts. MD can be a two seed if they win the Big 10, but they will most likely be a 3-4 seed

We should do well in the Big 10 tourney, maybe not win it, but it will be fun to watch.

Well you better hope for an upset.  Assuming the worst...

They will have to be Iowa, who they beat early in the year.

Then face Indiana.  Boo yah.

Melo is awful. Outside of the pick and roll, what does he do well? The NBA will chew him out and spit on him and he will be out of the league in a few years.

His ability to penetrate, get to the basket and get to the free throw line was second to none. Keyword, was, because that's just not happening much anymore. Also not sure how well that would translate at the next level.

His ability to penetrate, get to the basket and get to the free throw line was second to none. Keyword, was, because that's just not happening much anymore. Also not sure how well that would translate at the next level.

My guess is he just doesn't want to risk injury.  He is not as fearless as he used to be.

I don't put everything on Trimble, the team is not shooting well and hasn't been for 1/2 a season.  If they have a shooting coach, he needs to be fired.

Congrats ladies on 2 straight.

I think this may be Brenda's best coaching job. This team is not as talented as most of the teams that she's had years past, but they have been in the top 10 all year. Jones is a big body bulldog who works her tail off inside, and SWK, despite her athleticism, can disappear for stretches. This team could go to the Final 4, or get bounced 2nd round, IMO.

Good question above Burgold...I think Brenda is a fantastic gameday coach. Be interesting to see what she could do with a team as talented as the one Turgeon's got now. She gets her girls to run that Flex offense just about as well as GW did on the boys side for years.

• Like 1

Congrats ladies on 2 straight.

I think this may be Brenda's best coaching job. This team is not as talented as most of the teams that she's had years past, but they have been in the top 10 all year. Jones is a big body bulldog who works her tail off inside, and SWK, despite her athleticism, can disappear for stretches. This team could go to the Final 4, or get bounced 2nd round, IMO.

Good question above Burgold...I think Brenda is a fantastic gameday coach. Be interesting to see what she could do with a team as talented as the one Turgeon's got now. She gets her girls to run that Flex offense just about as well as GW did on the boys side for years.

Yeah, I considered this year a rebuilding one.

They've definitely exceeded my expectations.

Now next year is the year they win it all imo.

The incoming class is just ridiculous (#1 class)....not to mention the fact that Iesha Small (Baylor transfer) will be eligible.

To put it in perspective, next year's team will have EIGHT 5 stars.

Yeah...EIGHT.  :)

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yeah, I considered this year a rebuilding one.

They've definitely exceeded my expectations.

Now next year is the year they win it all imo.

The incoming class is just ridiculous (#1 class)....not to mention the fact that Iesha Small (Baylor transfer) will be eligible.

To put it in perspective, next year's team will have EIGHT 5 stars.

Yeah...EIGHT. :)

Yup. Not to mention, SWK and Jones, arguably their top 2 players, have one more year. If just half of the incoming class next year make the transition, they are gonna be really, really good...what the guys this year SHOULD have been.

Need that PG to step up as a frosh next year, about their only area of weakness.

Thank goodness Briana Stewart will be gone next year too. Terps and Irish will have a fighting shot.

• Like 1

Click to read the rest

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/dj-durkin-cant-stop-moving/2016/03/06/677984f0-e249-11e5-8d98-4b3d9215ade1_story.html

DJ Durkin can’t stop moving

The maintenance workers began to pour into the Gossett Team House in the middle of December. DJ Durkin had been Maryland’s head football coach for less than a month — he had yet to hire a full staff or sign his first recruit — but he had already leveraged the resources to make one of his first coaching moves in College Park. Inside the team’s facility, all traces of the old regime were to be stripped and removed.

All signs were torn down. Durkin wanted it to smell different, so a fresh coat of paint was added to most walls. He wanted more space in some areas, so walls were torn down to open up conference rooms. He wanted his new players to have more snack and drink options, so he added a “fueling station” to the players’ lounge. He wanted them to remember what is possible playing here, so he had portraits of former Terrapins who had made the NFL hung in each of the position meeting rooms.

“We’re trying to change the culture of what we’re doing,” Durkin said.

“There is a way we’re going to meet, there is a way we’re going to eat, there is a way we’re going to practice, there is a way we’re going to work out.”

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

I just noticed the B10 tournament is in DC next year. But even more odd, in 2018, the tournament is in NYC. The location part isn't odd, but rather the B10 plans to compress their schedule and play the conference tournament a week earlier than usual because the Big East Tournament will be in NYC. That is a lot of time off between conference tournament and ncaa tournament.