Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

2 things I took away from last night's game:

1. Illinois just sucks...I mean rank.

2. Terps are MUCH more efficient offensively when they push the ball. They have enough talent, and guys that can run the floor and score, that it perplexes me when they walk it up, pass or dribble the ball 25 feet from the badket, and don't get into their sets until there's only 10-13 seconds left on the clock.

Also, Brantley's gotta keep seeing time. Hope Nickens is breaking out of the funk he's been in.

• Like 2

I get the feeling that fatigue may play a lot in that (walking the ball up the court) After all, just prior to their losses they were playing a lot of games in close succession. It also could be that the Terps' players just aren't well conditioned... then again, it could all be by plan and the way Turgeon likes to draw up a game plan.

i never understood that.  When you have a better starting lineup, you push the ball up court to get more possessions because the more possessions you have the more times you can take advantage of the players. You slow it down and you help the other team 

• Like 2

Don't get a chance at revenge with OSU, but a 2nd straight B1G title would be a nice way to start. Go you Terp ladies!

Also, with the huge recruiting class Brenda's got coming in, Lady Terps could rule this conference for a decade.

• Like 1

Man these Terps are just a pleasure to watch, all they do is win.  Whoever thought they could lose in the first or second round of the NCAA tourney is crazy.  These boys just beast mode.  Especially from the 3 point line.  They use their size to their advantage and really hustle.  Been a great season.

Just think, we are losing Sulaimon, Layman, Stone, and Trimble after this season.  No worries here, Turgeon can really coach em up.

• Like 1

And Yogi gets away with as blatant a carry as you will see in college basketball. His hand was 3/4 under the ball on that "crossover". You can't stop the ball like that.

Gotta rank up there as one of if not the most disappointing MD team to lace them up.

GTFOH. A team that hangs in the top 20 all yer is one of the most disappointing? You should probably stop watching sports.

GTFOH. A team that hangs in the top 20 all yer is one of the most disappointing? You should probably stop watching sports.

The acquisition of Sulamon, Carter and Stone followed by Trimble returning = should be hanging around the top 5 all season long. Not losing to scrubs and getting spanked by good teams. Name a MD team with anywhere near this much talent that has been this underwhelming over the last few decades.

The acquisition of Sulamon, Carter and Stone followed by Trimble returning = should be hanging around the top 5 all season long. Not losing to scrubs and getting spanked by good teams. Name a MD team with anywhere near this much talent that has been this underwhelming over the last few decades.

24-6 will NEVER be the most disappointing season. Ever.

Living out here in CA, I don't get to see as many Maryland games as most folks on the board but I think the most disappointing thing about this team from what I have seen is just how much they miss very good open looks.  Their shooting is so hot and cold.

Also, I hope Diamond Stone sticks around for a couple more seasons because he has the potential to anchor/carry this Maryland team, but he just isn't that caliber player yet as a freshman. 

The question is whether Melo and carter (and maybe stone) have struggled enough lately that they've slipped too far in the draft.

Melo for sure, he is a second rounder at this point.  Stone is still top 10-15