Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

These officials have been horribly inconsistent both sides of the court today, but NO ****ING WAY Stone should have been t'd on that. He goes to congratulate his guy and gets shoved. Horrible call.

WOW! This officiating goes from ridiculous to sublime.

Stone gets hammered by two guys, no call, then give the ball to Purdue?? Just WOW!

Edited by Long n Left

On a rare moment, I will say that the ref looking right at the play with Stone getting fouled twice, and then them getting the ball back was pathetic.

They messed up this game from the get go though. You don't wait until 3 minutes left to start being aggressive.

Then with 23 or so seconds left you decide to not take the quick shot...knowing you are going to have to foul and get the ball back ???

I blame that on Trimbell and Coach. 

Reporting to duty BFS.

They lost. Welp.

They gave the game away. Bench was weak, did not have any momentum until around 3 minutes left in the game. 

They lost a game they should have won, same thing the Redskins do all too often. 

Edited by Kosher Ham
  • Like 1

Probably can't do this, but it'd be great to slide the coach into the GMs chair and then get a really good x's and o's guy for game day.

From where I'm sitting, it's even more than X's and O's.

Not fond of his bench rotations. Brantley saw zero time 2nd half, even though he was in during the 1st half run. Cekovsky needs more time too, IMO.

I also question his player development. Have Layman, Dodd, Trimble, Nickens, Cekovsky gotten better each year? I'd answer, "no."

He's every bit the recruiter that Lefty was, but seems to be lacking in many other areas. Wonder if he is the right guy to take them to the top level.

Reporting to duty BFS.

They lost. Welp.

Welp, just goes to show it's OK to have an honest conversation about the team and not be a hater, or not enjoy the wins.  We ALL want the Terps to win.  SOME of us had concerns which have proven true.  You don't have to get perturbed over comments that proved true.  But it's amusing you popped in the next day.

Now lets hope they make it past the sweet 16.

• Like 1

Of course we all want them to win, and I'd be happy to take a close victory over a bad loss any day of the week.

It just goes to show that our concerns were warranted and valid, as many of those close wins were the fools gold we thought they were.

I'd imagine many coaches across the NCAA landscape are thinking that if they had the squad that Turgeon does, they'd be on top of the B10 and in the top 5 all season.

I'm a big Turgeon fan, but even I'm starting to wonder if he isn't the best in game coach.

One problem, I was talking over with my friend who is also a Terrapin fan, is the starting 5 have a hard time distributing the load. Any one of those guys would be the best player on any given team, including Sulaimon and Layman. Sometimes it's hard to find an identity.

All that being said I'm still optimistic. March is all about getting hot and making a run. They have the talent to do so.

One problem, I was talking over with my friend who is also a Terrapin fan, is the starting 5 have a hard time distributing the load. Any one of those guys would be the best player on any given team, including Sulaimon and Layman. Sometimes it's hard to find an identity.

That's what good head coaches do, figure all that out.

Turgeon hasn't and it's almost too late to do so. Hard to imagine just flipping a switch within the next few weeks.

I'm all for moving Turgeon to head recruiter and bringing Gary back to coach.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Mike-Locksley-to-Join-Staff-at-Alabama-44015836

Report: Mike Locksley to Join Staff at Alabama

Former Maryland offensive coordinator Mike Locksley is headed to the University of Alabama as an offensive analyst,AL.com reported.

Locksley, 46, spent the past four seasons as Maryland's offensive coordinator, spending the final six games of last season as interim head coach following Randy Edsall's midseason firing. New head coach D.J. Durkin spoke with Locksley about remaining on the staff in a new position, but the two sides couldn't come to an agreement, and it became apparent in December he was unlikely to stay with the program. So Locksley began seeking work elsewhere. N.C. State, West Virginia, Pitt and Kentucky were rumored as possible landing spots, but he'll instead reportedly head to Tuscaloosa to work for Nick Saban and the defending national champions.

His arrival could strengthen the Crimson Tide's recruiting efforts in the Washington area; long known as perhaps the top recruiter of the area's talent, he joins a program that's signed several top prospects in Maryland's backyard in recent years, including Avalon School (Bethesda, Md.) receiver Trevon Diggs and St. John's (D.C.) defensive end Terrell Hall this year.

Locksley's move to Alabama equates to something of a trade between the two schools; Maryland hired Alabama staffer Aazaar Abdul-Rahim in December, and he was integral in several of Durkin's signees in February, most notably four-star local offensive linemen Terrance Davis and Richard Merritt.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH