Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Trent Murphy (OLB Stanford)

PCS

Mike Vrabel was a 'glue' guy in NE but was not one of the stars of the Patriots mid-2000's defense.

Guys like Seymour, McGinnest, Ty Law and later Asante Samuel were the keys along with Tedy Bruschi at LB.

If there are doubts about whether Orakpo is an elite OLB rusher in the 3-4, there are now some serious concerns about whether this guy even projects to being a consistent starter at the position in case he was drafted as the replacement.

Is that progress?

If you want to ****, take it to the draft thread with everyone else. Seriously, this thread should be to welcome a player, not bash him.

This.

This thread is supposed to be a "Welcome to the Redskins" rolling out the red carpet & embracing the player thread. Too many of y'all are so used to moaning & groaning about every little thing, you can't even stop for 32 seconds to show respect to our newest addition! You wanna complain? Take it to the Draft thread or some other random "I have to cry about everything" thread. This isn't the place for it!

Welcome to the Redskins Trent! With the defense bolstering the way it is, you should be a nice fit here! And if you take anything from being a Redskin, take this: DALLAS SUCKS!!!!

HTTR!

I'm getting tired of picking "character guys" that lack strength and speed because they were seniors and/or team captains. This guy had only 19 reps on the bench. We need nasty dudes with power. Trading down is good sometimes but I'm eh on the way they've been doing it. We could have had JJ Watt a couple years ago but then we trade down and get Ryan Kerrigan. Don't get me wrong Kerrigan solid but we need a guy capable of getting 15+ sacks not a guy that's going to average 7-8 sacks a year. Time will tell.

I really like the pick. He sounds committed, known to have a mean streak, smart enough to get into Stanford, led college football in sacks last year. There's a lot to like and we need this type of player on the team. This reminds me a lot of the 2011 draft with Kerrigan

At first glance, I didn't like the value of this pick but the more I learn about him the more I'm liking the actual player. Looks like a good athlete with similar measurables to Clay Matthews except for his 40 time. His 3-cone is actually better than Clay Matthews' (6.78 vs 6.90) and elite for his position. His 3-cone would be good for WRs or CBs.

Waldo's pash rusher formula, which measures pass rushers strictly on physical measurables suggests he's not just an "effort" player as some are making him out to be.  Waldo's formula puts him in the Low Risk 1 category, a group where Von Miller and Clay Matthews came from.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=515275

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=515275&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Make no mistake, he's an athlete and does have actual pass rushing talent.

Add to that his production, mean streak, and what seems to be solid leadership traits (team captain), seems like we got a very solid player at the least.

Trent. Welcome to the Redskins, we are glad to have you. Please ignore some of the comments. Just go out and excel. Do what you do best. Prove them all wrong. In a few years they will be buying your jersey and swear "I have been on his side since we drafted him in 2014!" 

i wasn't to happy with this pick at first for several reasons... One of them being the same reason he's probably upset for coming to Washington. He's got to beat out two pro bowl outside linebackers to even see the field.

But after researching this guy I'm being swayed a little more. Now he's still not the BPA at the spot we picked him, but I see a true football player on tape. He'll push RaK and Kerrigan and I see some moves and techiques in college by Murphy that neither of our current OLB possessed in college.

Take a look at this video of his JUNIOR season. No music, no special affects , just the eye in the sky!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKf8QsA6-E

Welcome to the skins Trent, work hard and you'll do well.

We can use you in a rotation with Orakpo or Kerrigan, coach said that's why he selected you.

Those guys need help because right now they're all we got and they get tired after playing so many downs due to our offense's inability to stay on the field.

You're a welcome addition to this team and from what I've seen in highlight videos, you'll make a difference.

HTTR!

Archived