Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sorry Cowboy Fans...We have a new #1 Rival

DubMoney

Lets just be real... the cowboys will always be a mess with Jerry running the team and picking the players, the fans are clueless and its beginning to be more annoying every year dealing with cowboy fans. the real rivals are the eagles. going forward i want nothing more then to embarrass them. Chip Kelly has this arrogance about him that truly rubs me the wrong way. Add the fact that we pretty much stole Desean from there trash can is going to make these games carry alot more weight. 

I don't know if this is worthy of a new thread, but either way the Cowgirls are still our biggest rivals. Yes the Eagles are closer but the history we have with the Cowboys can't be matched. You are right that their fans are clueless. I think some of them still believe Romo is a top Quarterback in the league.

Sorry man, I hate the Eagles, but the world isn't on their bandwagon the way they are still on the Cowboys'.

I'd still rank them:

1 - Cowboys (because…)

2 - Eagles (Don't like Chip Kelly's better manned Spurrier offense, and I hate their fans)

3 - Giants (Hate their owner)

If we were going with the group of fans I hate the most, that would be:

1 - Eagles (****y and done nothin')

2 - Dallas (****y and don't know better, most of them couldn't name 5 players on their current roster.)

3 - Giants (don't know any of them)

If we're going with the owners I hate the most:

1 - Giants (**** you Mr. Mara)

2 - Eagles (they seem to be consistently good with less talent)

3 - Dallas (I actually appreciate what Jerry has done for our division, he's made Dallas a consistently poor team, here's to a long life Jerry)

Most Cowboys fans don't even see us as a a big rival. They see pretty much everyone the same. A very good friend of mine is a Cowboys fan and he always says "It's not a rivalry if one team almost always wins" He tries to tell me its like Maryland fans trying to say that Duke is their arch rival when in reality Duke doesnt see UMD any different than like FSU.

I believe that all DC cowboy fans should be rounded up and packed on trains...

I go to school in Arkansas right now which is Cowboys country and a lot of the people here are more intelligent than the typical cowboys fan in DC. They are also polite.

I hate the Eagles more than the Cowboys personally. But I also hate the Seahawks more than them. Seattle harbors a violent race of people and I just can't stand them. I also hate the Patriots because it seems that 50% of their fan base is built of bandwagon losers.

I would not say that the majority of all fans on rival teams are stupid. Only the ones that live in DC who just do it for the attention. I've been at Redskins games where someone is yelling to go deep to moss on every play and thinks that moss is still in his 20s or something as well as people who ask about "Clinton Otis"

Sadly there are a lot of not stupid but uninformed people in general.

Anyway my order for hate is

1. Seahawks

2. Eagles

3. Boys

4. Pats

5. Giants

I mean aside from everything that you said, I agree.

Not sure how you can be a Redskins fan and say that the Cowboys aren't the permanent top rivals.  Kind of like saying you're Christian but don't believe in Jesus.

At least from what I understand; I'm Jewish.

I live in the Philly area as a transplant.  Eagles fans suck as much as advertised, and I hate their team.  However, they're not the Cowboys.  They can be number two, sure, but they're not number one.  And Chip Kelly being a reason for it?  Seriously?  He's been around for half an hour.

For me:

1)  Cowboys

2)  Seahawks

3)  Eagles

4)  Giants

5)  Whoever we're playing that week

Lets just be real... the cowboys will always be a mess with Jerry running the team and picking the players, the fans are clueless and its beginning to be more annoying every year dealing with cowboy fans. the real rivals are the eagles. going forward i want nothing more then to embarrass them. Chip Kelly has this arrogance about him that truly rubs me the wrong way. Add the fact that we pretty much stole Desean from there trash can is going to make these games carry alot more weight. 

Sorry Youngin, but for us older folks the Cowgirls will always the most hated. We have stolen many former division players in the past and the girls still prevail. Too much history to replace cowboys as rivals. Hate the Eagles, absolutely, revel in their agony, definitely. But the hate of the cowboys goes back to before the eagles were a team.

The 'Boys ain't a rival, they're a foe! Our historical enemy! They were ****n with us before they were even a team, who can possibly compare to that?? It is always fun to beat Philly or NY but there is one and only team that has it's own "week" during the season. I have plenty of loathing left over for the other two, trust me, but there can be only one!

Most Cowboys fans don't even see us as a a big rival. They see pretty much everyone the same. A very good friend of mine is a Cowboys fan and he always says "It's not a rivalry if one team almost always wins" He tries to tell me its like Maryland fans trying to say that Duke is their arch rival when in reality Duke doesnt see UMD any different than like FSU.

I think most Dallas fans know that it was a rivalry in the past, but, as your friend said, the Skins haven't been competitive against Dallas or any of the other division teams since the mid eighties.  If fact, in the last 25 years, the Skins haven't had more than a two game winning streak against the Cowboys and Eagles.  They had a four gaming winning streak against NY, but other than that, nothing but two game winning streaks.  And the overall record against division teams in the last 25 years is pathetic.

Of course, George Allen had a lot to do with the rivalry, too.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

This would be like an Ohio State fan suddenly suggesting that their new top rival should be Illinois, not Michigan.  Like Red Sox fans caring more about beating the Blue Jays than the Yankees.   Like SF Giants baseball fans caring more about beating the Padres than about the Dodgers.   Like North Carolina basketball fans caring more about beating NC State than beating Duke.

Some things you don't mess with.   The Cowboys will always be the Death Star, and we will always be the Millenium Falcon.   

I mean aside from everything that you said, I agree.

Not sure how you can be a Redskins fan and say that the Cowboys aren't the permanent top rivals. Kind of like saying you're Christian but don't believe in Jesus.

At least from what I understand; I'm Jewish.

I live in the Philly area as a transplant. Eagles fans suck as much as advertised, and I hate their team. However, they're not the Cowboys. They can be number two, sure, but they're not number one. And Chip Kelly being a reason for it? Seriously? He's been around for half an hour.

For me:

1) Cowboys

2) Seahawks

3) Eagles

4) Giants

5) Whoever we're playing that week

Growing up in the mid-late 80's, the giants were always the biggest game, and I hated the parcells giants more than any other team.

I didn't really "get" the cowboy rivalry until they got good in the 90s.

So, for me, the giants have always be #1 hated.

But Dallas is close second.

Not sure how you can be a Redskins fan and say that the Cowboys aren't the permanent top rivals. Kind of like saying you're Christian but don't believe in Jesus.

NC, brother, compadre, buddy,

Please swerve my post in the 5 most hated teams thread. The voices made me do it. Appreciated

Your friend GHH.

Hail.

3 - Dallas (I actually appreciate what Jerry has done for our division, he's made Dallas a consistently poor team, here's to a long life Jerry)

Yeah right. Dallas is certainly an overhyped team,  but I would say they are more mediocre than consistently poor.  We can dog the Cowboys for choking in end-of-season big games as of late, but at least they are in those games. Unlike the Redskins, whose seasons have usually been over by Thanksgiving.

This is how I list our rivals.

1.Dallas-We always be our rivals no matter how good or bad the teams are.

2.Seattle- I really can't stand them, I'm looking forward to when they go back to the days of Jim Zorn and Steve Largent whaen they weren't that good.

3.San Fransisco- Still can't stand them because of all the media love they got in the 80's.

4.NY Giants- I used to respect them but not anymore after John Mara took over.

5.Philly Eagles- The team will be irrevelvant to me until they win a SB, Their fans are the only reasons they are on this list.

Disagree. Giants and Mara are enemy #1 until further notice. Eagles a close 2nd since Lurie was involved too. Ill never forget us trading for Griffin and then two days later getting smacked with a 36mil cap hit and Mara saying we were lucky to not lose draft picks. We all know he was trying to strip us of a #1 so we couldnt make the trade for Griffin.

Archived