Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your favorite Shanahan memory.

TradeTheBeal!

My all-time fave, and its not even close.

RG3 had sustained a concussion, and missed the end of the Falcons game.  A couple of weeks later, after passing the league protocols and amidst a Shanny-vintage 3-6 start, we had a game at the hard-hitting Steelers.

As the game progressed and we were getting thoroughly outplayed and outcoached, Shanny called for the "RG3 as a WR" play.  Hilarity ensues as our franchise QB gets lit up like a Christmas tree by Ryan Clark.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000086230/Robert-Griffin-the-receiver

A Hall of Fame coaching moment if I've ever seen one!

What's your favorite Shanahan memory?

My all-time fave, and its not even close.

RG3 had sustained a concussion, and missed the end of the Falcons game.  A couple of weeks later, after passing the league protocols and amidst a Shanny-vintage 3-6 start, we had a game at the hard-hitting Steelers.

As the game progressed and we were getting thoroughly outplayed and outcoached, Shanny called for the "RG3 as a WR" play.  Hilarity ensues as our franchise QB gets lit up like a Christmas tree by Ryan Clark.

This is the EXACT same thing I was going to post when I read the thread title.

I'm ready for a change, but I'm going to answer the question seriously. I always find it funny how these situations turn into painting the current coach as a completely evil and horrible. Shanahan didn't do what he needed to do this year, but there were some encouraging and fun moments:

Beating Dallas on opening night

Beating Green Bay in overtime

Beating New York on opening day

The 3-1 start

Beating New Orleans on opening day

Being flexible to modify his offense to play to Griffin's strengths

Winning 7 straight (including a sweep of Dallas) to win the division

There weren't enough good memories, but let's not pretend that this team went 0-16 every season. There are always bright spots and I'm sure Mike Shanahan (as well as Kyle Shanahan and Jim Haslett) is a nice enough person and did the best he could.

Looking forward to the change though...

Yeah, seriously, beating Dallas in '10, while in mediocrity, was fun. Beating the Packers felt great. And seriously, that red faced picture of Shanahan was funny.

11 had nothing, 12 was Saints, Thanksgiving Cowboys win, and the end of season game.

I'm just looking forward to SOMETHING happening.  I hope that we aren't left to wait forever.  I hope the next staff is already in the works and things start happening.  This season has been SO ****ing depressing.  I just want something else to think about.

fyi:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1903304-updates-on-mike-shanahans-status-as-washington-redskins-head-coach?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

Archived