Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your favorite Shanahan memory.

TradeTheBeal!

Ya' think?

Bullish- aggressively self confident/ self-assertive. 

Maybe you should practice what your accusing others of and not jump in head first with a tirade before finding out what the Hell your going off on one for. 

Hail. 

That definition actually still fits in quite well with my point.

But whatev

If that post doesn't get 500 likes then our fanbase truly is stupid.

These next few weeks are going to determine quite a bit in terms of me continuing to follow this organization. I've reached my breaking point

That's bull**** man. Not because you're not a loyal fan for sticking with the organization through tough times but because this is our team more than it is Snyder's and we need to keep fighting for our team. It's voices like ours that need to lead the charge so Snyder learns how pissed we are that he's turned our favorite pass-time into a ****ing joke. If the people that hate what he's done just go away, we'll never see change in this organization.

His meeting tomorrow will consist of Snyder telling him he needs to fire Haslett and Burns, and possibly also will include handing over to Smith and/or Brown personnel control.  Shanahan will refuse adamantly, and will be fired.  Both sides will claim the other was unreasonable.  This is exactly how the scenario played out with Schotferbrains, when Snyder insist he accept a GM and fire Raye.  Herr Marty refused just so Dan would fire him.  Then he took a job w/ SD, where Butler stipulated he couldn't hire Raye, and he'd have no power over personnel.

That definition actually still fits in quite well with my point.

But whatev

How the Hell is it?

I say he's bullish in his presser over his position and has a meeting with the owner, and you go off on one accusing me of making **** up in some new conspiracy theory?

Seriously man, you jumped in head first in a tirade that was TOTALLY uncalled for. Don't now compound that when it's pointed out to you by trying to justify it. 

Hail. 

GHH, you are in no position to know whether or not he has a meeting with Snyder in the AM.  Who do you think you are to possibly question such a statement?  The arrogance is astounding.

Uh, Shanahan said he had a meeting during his press conference. Maybe the arrogance is on the part of people who absolutely lambaste another poster due to something they didn't do, speaking in full confidence as if they knew more than someone else who paid attention.  

His meeting tomorrow will consist of Snyder telling him he needs to fire Haslett and Burns, and possibly also will include handing over to Smith and/or Brown personnel control. Shanahan will refuse adamantly, and will be fired. Both sides will claim the other was unreasonable. This is exactly how the scenario played out with Schotferbrains, when Snyder insist he accept a GM and fire Raye. Herr Marty refused just so Dan would fire him. Then he took a job w/ SD, where Butler stipulated he couldn't hire Raye, and he'd have no power over personnel.

I could actually see it playing out exactly like that.

Again, I think this is a bad move a furthers the control that Snyder has/wants with the team. I general manager should be the one having these talks. Maybe it's not structured in a way that this is possible. If that is the case then I'll say that's another knock against Snyder.

Let me start by saying that I believe (I might be wrong about this) you're from the UK.  If you are, then this may be a dialect issue.

You saying Shanny is "bullish" implies (to me) that he is lying about something.  In this case, a meeting.  If that is the case, then I would assume you know something that he isn't telling us which I would be shocked to find out.

No ISH is the onomatopoeia for scratching the record in hip hop when the lyric is the S-word.  Bullish is one word and is still in use in the US.  It's why they have a Bull and Bear market and why Ordell could say, "well, bully for that ____" in Jackie Brown.  Nothing to do with UK/US differences, except maybe in frequency of use.  But you're confusing rap censoring contrivances with real words.

My favorite is when Shanahan 'staked his reputation' on John Beck.  

Or when he told everyone that Niles Paul 'reminds me of Shannon Sharpe'

Or when he said Josh Morgan 'has the talent to be a Pro Bowl player'

Or when he drafted Josh Leribus,

Or when he brought in Jim Haslett to overhaul an already solid defense and turned it into a bottom level defense for the past 4 years. The inability to field a good defense is what got Shanahan fired in Denver yet his ego is so huge he insisted on trying to prove a point with the Skins.  

Or when he refused to fire Keith Burns.

My favorite Shanny memory was making Fat Albert pass the conditioning test before he could practice. Day after day Fat Al showed his ineptitude as his teammates looked on in laughter.

I won't pretend to know wtf is going on behind closed doors or to try & decipher who did what to whom & when. The only thing I will say is this:

I've seen this ****ing movie before: Owner hires headcoach, fanbase is ecstatic, rumors begin about coach/players, team loses, fanbase turns on coach, owner fires coach.

And I'm tired of it.

That moment when he's given year 5 to right the ship and this board loses their MINDS.

And then when he actually has success in year 5, and nobody knows what to think anymore. Especially the idiot, meddling, negative DC press.

What? I can't hear you over the sound of the entire board shouting, "Suck it, Shanahan!"

Him showing up on "Redskins Cam" during the 2010 Draft and saying this:

"The way we see it, we just drafted Donovan McNabb with our second round pick...."

Then leaning back and flashing that **** eating grin we've come to love.

Then he proceeds to benched his second round pick at 4-3 on the road in a one score game for Rex ******* Grossman.

Far and away my "favorite" Shanahan memory.....it was the moment I realized he was a fraud.

Archived