Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Chris Russell- Bill Cowher Front Runner

KingGibbs

I'm very happy to hear that this may not be true.  I think the Redskins need to find a hungry young coach or a current assistance that really wants a shot.  Someone willing to put in the work (not that shanny hasn't but like everyone else said, no more re-treds).  I want someone who is inspiring, young, confident, and successful.  I'm even willing to go with someone from the college ranks if the organization decides its a good fit.  

The fact that there are so many rumors about potential "front runners" and "meetings" for our new HC is troubling.

We are doing this backwards...AGAIN.

I don't want to hear **** about Briles, Cowher, Shaw, Jay Gruden, etc.

We need a GM. Let the GM make the list. Let the GM do the interviews.

It seems we are headed for a classic Redskins move. Rush and hire a new HC and then put together a sham front office.

Yay!

I feel like I've seen enough big name, retread coaches with nothing left to prove come in here and coach.  I'd love for the skinz to find their own man.. someone young and hungry with a burning desire to win. 

*If we MUST hire a name, I wouldn't mind seeing is Gruden because I think he still has some fire left in him.

The fact that there are so many rumors about potential "front runners" and "meetings" for our new HC is troubling.

We are doing this backwards...AGAIN.

I don't want to hear **** about Briles, Cowher, Shaw, Jay Gruden, etc.

We need a GM. Let the GM make the list. Let the GM do the interviews.

It seems we are headed for a classic Redskins move. Rush and hire a new HC and then put together a sham front office.

Yay!

Perhaps we already have a GM. He just hasn't been officially named yet.

Morroco Brown....

For all those saying that Cowher is a bad choice or is overrated please explain why?? I mean other than the we have done this before argument. I don't think not hiring a guy because Gibbs and Shanahan didn't work is valid

Well for one, I don't want a previous SB wining coach that has been on the sofa/TV for almost a decade.

He had one of the best Front offices in the league and one of greatest DCs of the past 40 years and had one SB to show for it. He was known as a choker and flameout in the postseason until one crazy fumble tackle saved him from defeat against the Colts the year he finally won his SB.

He seems like a coach that will be stubborn in his ways. His offenses are boring and archaic and not in tune with modern NFL trends. It doesn't seem like an offense that will take advantage of our QB skills. We don't have the personnel outside of Morris and Trent to play smash mouth 95 Steelers defense on either side of the ball.

I don't trust him to run our team, I don't trust that he will put good coordinators around him, I don't like the way he talks, I don't like his combover, I don't like that he will want full control. There are lots of reasons to be anti-Cowher.

I don't think he is the best candidate or even a top 10 available candidate so if he is hired it just reeks of the same old big name hire from the past.

For all those saying that Cowher is a bad choice or is overrated please explain why?? I mean other than the we have done this before argument. I don't think not hiring a guy because Gibbs and Shanahan didn't work is valid

Well for one, I don't want a previous SB wining coach that has been on the sofa/TV for almost a decade.

He had one of the best Front offices in the league and one of greatest DCs of the past 40 years and had one SB to show for it. He was known as a choker and flameout in the postseason until one crazy fumble tackle saved him from defeat against the Colts the year he finally won his SB.

He seems like a coach that will be stubborn in his ways. His offenses are boring and archaic and not in tune with modern NFL trends. It doesn't seem like an offense that will take advantage of our QB skills. We don't have the personnel outside of Morris and Trent to play smash mouth 95 Steelers defense on either side of the ball.

I don't trust him to run our team, I don't trust that he will put good coordinators around him, I don't like the way he talks, I don't like his combover, I don't like that he will want full control. There are lots of reasons to be anti-Cowher.

I don't think he is the best candidate or even a top 10 available candidate so if he is hired it just reeks of the same old big name hire from the past.

Archived