Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Chris Russell- Bill Cowher Front Runner

KingGibbs

The year after Cowher retired the Steelers won the SB against a team run by his former offensive staff Whizzy and Grimm.

Cowher minus LeBeau < Ditka minus Buddy Ryan.

I would rather suffer thru another year of Shamster than 4 wasted year of Cowher. As Ho Chi Minh once said, "I'd rather sniff French **** for a year than eat Chinese **** for a century."

That argument actually speaks well of him, rather than not.   He knows how to manage a team and pick a staff.  Is that not a mandatory skill the HC should have?  The last guy seemed to have trouble with it.  The HC doesn't necessarily need to be a guru, he needs to know how to motivate and delegate.  Cowher does that.  If Cowher came here and put together a great staff, what would be the problem with that?  

That said, he wouldn't be at the top of my list, but I won't diminish what the guy did.  

Yeah said James Brown on CBS, a big Redskins fan, is the one in Snyder's ear and sort of smoothing out the two relationships. I have a hard time believing an educated Redskins fan like Brown would be pushing for Cowher unless he values getting his friends paid over his pro football team's success.

Well, I can see him sitting next to Cowher every week all these years believing Cowher's the guy to save his hometown team.  JB's probably too close to the situation though.  

My problem with this is more that JB's facilitiating this rather than a GM.  The fact that they're talking to the coaches before the GM is problematic.   Basically it's business as usual.  

That argument actually speaks well of him, rather than not.   He knows how to manage a team and pick a staff.  Is that not a mandatory skill the HC should have?  The last guy seemed to have trouble with it.  The HC doesn't necessarily need to be a guru, he needs to know how to motivate and delegate.  Cowher does that.  If Cowher came here and put together a great staff, what would be the problem with that?  

That said, he wouldn't be at the top of my list, but I won't diminish what the guy did.  

Well, I can see him sitting next to Cowher every week all these years believing Cowher's the guy to save his hometown team.  JB's probably too close to the situation though.  

My problem with this is more that JB's facilitiating this rather than a GM.  The fact that they're talking to the coaches before the GM is problematic.   Basically it's business as usual.  

Bill Cowher is winner and we need a winner.

Bill Cowher is winner and we need a winner.

Shanahan was a winner too. What has Cowher done in the past 8 years to warrant a head coaching job? How has he stayed connected to the modern game, refined his schemes and philosophies to take advantage of current trends, rules and advantages etc. 

I'm not even worried about this anymore. There is no chance Allen brings in Cowher. 

Bill Cowher WAS winner.

Bill Cowher IS TV mouth.

~Bang

love it haha

I would be ecstatic to have Bill Cowher. If he truly is interested in a return to coaching he would be the hottest commodity on the market. As a motivator and leader of men he would bring discipline and passion to the position. He can hire great up and coming coordinators under him. You guys are idiots.

Given that Snyder has spoken to him twice about the job, I'd say "no chance" is a bit of a stretch.  I don't think it's likely, but it's still a possibility.

And Allen won't be bringing in anyone.  Snyder will.

If you believe Chris Russel which I don't, then yeah they talked a couple times already.

Also, there is no reason to think Snyder is making the coaching hire. He has stayed away for 4 years and appointed a Gm now to handle the football ops. Allen is bringing in the next guy

Archived