Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Chris Russell- Bill Cowher Front Runner

KingGibbs

.623 winning percentage usually gets you talked about.

Name me a great coach that didn't have HOF people surrounding him.  And Dick Lebeau wasn't the DC the entire time Cowher was in Pittsburgh.  Give the man his due. 

Name me a great coach that didn't have HOF people surrounding him.  And Dick Lebeau wasn't the DC the entire time Cowher was in Pittsburgh.  Give the man his due. 

No, I will not.

Marty did the same thing.  But Snyder can be persuasive. 

if Synder thinks he is the best candidate to hire then go for it.  I don't care who the next coach.  He better be qualified and have a plan to show that he can get the most out of RG3.  This whole focus for this coaching search is to find the best coach for RG3.  who cares about anything else. 

Russell has some connections but has tripped over his tongue a number of times. I highly doubt Cowher is a candidate at all, this seems more like intentional misinformation.

He could very well be wrong on this but he doesn't fling poo to see what sticks, either.

^ Yes, as much as we all love voicing our random opinions, let's pray the head coaching decision isn't decided by fan input.  And I mean that genuinely.  Hire a young, innovative, up-and-coming coach and just pray you got the right guy.  Have him report to an empowered, autonomous GM (personally, I'm rooting for Morocco Brown), and then Snyder needs to get the hell out of the way.  Snyder should focus on getting us a loud, new stadium in D.C.  That's the best way for him to make himself useful.

Mike Shanahan had a .619 winning percentage with Denver before coming here and we all know how that's gonna end.

Not saying Cowher's a bad coach, or couldn't be successful here, but if he gets full control the odds are greatly against him.

For god sakes Danny -- Fire Shanny - Hire a competent GM and let him hire the HC.  Please,...

He could very well be wrong on this but he doesn't fling poo to see what sticks, either.

Agreed there, but my thoughts are that whoever he is close to occasionally uses him for misinformation. If you're targeting a guy who might be a controversial hire, like Briles, having your vacancy connected to as many names as possible over the next week is quite helpful from a PR perspective.

Well.....if this is true then once again nothing will change for the organization and we will be right back at this spot four years from now. As long as Dan Snyder owns this team.....nothing will change....nothing. All the Shanny bashers can do their happy dances today as he will be coaching his last game, but once he is gone we are still stuck with the huge elephant in the room....Dan Snyder. Why should I doubt this story....it's probably true.....reaks of Dan Snyder and what we have been put through since he took ownership. God, I'm already sick to my stomach thinking that this could probably happen.

Not saying I want cowhers as I def do not. However asst coaches love to work for him. He is very good at getting good asst coaches and he has used a very good GM as well. That being said I'm on the O'Brien and Briles train. I also like Bevell, Gruden, and Roman.

This seems to be the rumor every time we need a coach. I don't believe it, and I really don't want it to be true. Cowher is not all that great of a coach. That and the fact that he's been out of it for several years now, nah. No more retreads please, we've tried that repeatedly. 

While I'm not sold on the idea.  He has not been out of football, just coaching.  As an analyst he keeps up with the game, rule changes, etc.  Completely different than when we brought back Gibbs.  If I'm not mistaken, he didn't keep up with football hardly at all as he was completely focused on building his race team at the time.  And Shanny, well, he was only removed one season.  

Plus, Cowher is only 56 years old and has only been out of coaching for 8 years, but stayed in touch with the game as an analyst the entire time.  Gibbs was 64 when he came back and was completely out of football for 12 years.  

Not saying I want cowhers as I def do not. However asst coaches love to work for him. He is very good at getting good asst coaches and he has used a very good GM as well. That being said I'm on the O'Brien and Briles train. I also like Bevell, Gruden, and Roman.

Why in the hell would you want Briles?  Horrible hire should Danny pull the trigger.  Yeah, that won't cause a caner in the locker room, RGIII's college coach brought in to be "his head coach", especially after multiple rumors/leaks that RGIII's dad has pushed for Snyder to do this. 

You think this team, media leaks, etc. are bad now.  Watch what happens if Briles comes in......with no playbook.  Yeah, lets draw up a play in the dirt on the sideline and go out and run it.  ****ING horrible choice.

No way. He is like the 2nd tenure Gibbs 2.0 or Marty ball.

He's older now, super conservative, and has extremely underacheived. Expect RG3 not to develope as we run 50 times per game with under 20 passes. No thanks. I still want a Offensive guru who can be explosive

then hire one for OC

I think I'd rather have a defensive head coach and the O left to the OC

Oh Good sweet merciful Lord NO! The guy who started Kendal Stewart for 8 long years (or something like that).

He had a HoF RB and a HoF DC, with buttloads of talent. I can't stand this guy and will never understand how on Earth he gets talked about.

Perhaps Cowher's affection for 'Kendal Stewart' fuels his passion for a return to coaching in D.C.

I wouldn't mind cowher at all. If he had an even halfway decent qb during his regime he would probably have 3 rings. His kordell experiment didn't do too well but he was great at always having a quality run game and stout defense.

IF he were to be the next coach he already has a qb and lt , two decent playmakers at wr and te, a solid Rb and lots of cap space. I don't think its the worst scenario.

I do however prefer a new hc that doesn't have NFL hc experience.

And he's a better candidate than lovie smith is in my mind and I heard a few people like that idea.

Archived