Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DS - The Redskins' Incompetent PR Guy Is Also A Giant Cry Baby

Shiv

While we are clearing house on Monday, can we give this guy the boot too?  This franchise needs a full colonic.

We've met Tony Wyllie—the Washington Redskins' deeply stupid, duplicitous ****bag of a PR flack—around these parts before. He's the man who once compared Dan Snyder's ridiculous libel suit against Dave McKenna to the plight of Egyptian protestors in Tahrir Square. He's also the guy who threatened to sue a a radio station for daring to make fun of the Skins. Unsurprisingly, Wyllie is also a petty son of a ****.

http://deadspin.com/the-redskins-incompetent-pr-guy-is-also-a-giant-cry-ba-1490428101

There is another PR guy at Redskins park they recently hired. Forgot the name of the guy, but he helped Bill Clinton during all his lady scandals, lol.

He's probably the guy that has advised Snyder to stay quiet during all of this drama.

Its a fake email... read comments in article, shows how its fake

It is real,I knew this was coming out Sunday night.. Manny blogs for the NFLPA. 

Like I said earlier D.Smith and G.Atallah told Manny to make the email public and he did. Do you really think the NFLPA is going to publish a fake email ? 

Wow. Good job the dude doesn't hang around on this board or he'd be driven insane. 

Hail. 

They have people that look at this board all day bro. They also have people that sit and listen to 106.7 & 980 all day long and report what it said about the team. Everyone who is credentialed is monitored on social networks by the pr department. Modern day NSA stuff bro.

So, if I say bad things about the team and this PR Rep, are they going to take me off the season ticket wait list, not let buy redskins stuff from the online store and cancel my account to this board?

And, this is a story because this PR Rep made it a story.  If the guy just did his job with some professionalism, this would be a non-story.

The guy's a grade-A, petty prick. I know people that have been forced to deal with his draconian media cred policy, so this response doesn't surprise me in the least. Never heard a nice thing about him.

On a side note, I also witnessed the guy at training camp this year spend 50 minutes talking to two young women giving his life story while he blocked the view of several fans in the VIP section, oblivious to the fact he was in their way. 

No surprise he works for this team with a guy like Snyder at the helm. 

If this is true, this is just a further embarrasment to this once proud Franchise.  Really, worry about the stuff that matters, the whole 106.7 reaction was bad enough.  I was a little excited when he was hired as he appeared to come with a decent reputation but this type of stuff amongst a losing season and one of the worst I've ever followed just further bums me out and makes me wonder if it'll ever really change.

They have people that look at this board all day bro. They also have people that sit and listen to 106.7 & 980 all day long and report what it said about the team. Everyone who is credentialed is monitored on social networks by the pr department. Modern day NSA stuff bro.

Wow

So, in other words.... The Truth Really Is Out There. 

So, if it is real. Why is this important? The guy has thin skin and its a story?

Yes, it's a story. A part of a PR director's job is to be the likable link between the organization and the public and the media. Even when the organization does something that is bad, a good PR director should be able to harness the spin and the relationship to create the best possible atmosphere for the organization. You undermine all that by lashing out at a media member and threatening to pull credential for a perfectly innocent joke on Twitter.

A good PR director's immediate reaction after the ill advised email should have been to reach out to the reporter and try to smooth things over and apologize.

Holy **** snacks! 

Man, how freaking paranoid are we?

Hail. 

PR = Public relations.  The intent should be to persuade people that the Redskins are a good a decent organization, not to simply threaten everyone that doesn't view the organization in the best of light.  Let's put it this way, if your PR guy needs a PR guy, you're doing it wrong.

Archived