Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you care if the Redskins beat the Giants this Sunday?

Renegade7

Do you care if the redskins win this week?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if the Redskins beat the Giants this sunday (week 17)???

No, I don't care and Moss should have been released a long time ago. He is a turnover machine.

Whatever you think about him, there's no denying he's an all time great Redskin. He's now third on our all time reception list trailing only Monk and Taylor. For the VAST majority of the '00's he, Cooley and Portis singlehandedly carried this team.

I personally hope he's out there EVERY snap Sunday and gets the 10 receptions he needs to at least tie the great Charlie Taylor.

For a guy that's given his all and been on some pretty piss poor Redskins teams over the duration that would be an awesome and fitting way to bow out.

Hail.

I voted no. Let's not act like while watching this game we aren't going to be preparing for the inevitable plunge come Black Monday. Kirk's last shot to get his value up, and hopefully the last time we have to see any member of this pathetic coaching staff on the sideline. I picked up a double at my job for this Sunday and will miss the game, and I haven't missed a game in almost 5 years... It's an irrelevant game for 2 irrelevant teams trying to wrap up their season.

I don't care about the final score, but I will be VERY interested to see the sack numbers and other stats for Cousins. Griff got creamed on inside stunts and sacked around 5 times. This will give us a chance to see how much blame falls on the OL...though in fairness both teams have probably already mailed it in.

Reading an article in the Hartford Courant paper, can't find a link to the article as it appears they have not posted it online, the Giants are going to have a hard time fielding a team.  Looks like 8 players won't be able to play depending on concussion testing to a RB.

What I find funny is "because of salary-cap concerns, the Giants can afford to put only one of those players on injured reserve and replace him with a practice squadder or free agent without restructuring someone's contract".  First, F-you Mara.  Second, the NFL mandates you activate 46 players on game day and the article states "the Giants could have trouble reaching that number".

With a starting QB with a rating worse than both or ours, and a depleted roster, I just don't have confidence the skins can win.  Kind of sad.

I don't usually make this kind of statement .... but if you don't care about the Redskins' fortunes in a game against a traditional rival ( even more so, since Mara-gate) ... Maybe you might need to consider how much of a Skins fan you really are.

To care about a team is a really big part of being a fan of that team. Even the "Aints" ( who wore those bags on their heads when the Saints' play was too painful to watch) cared about the team being able to win.

Now I'm not happy about the 2013 season, nor about some of the coaching, and not too happy with some of the players. The front office needs some upgrading, and the owner still needs to find an appropriate role. And it's really hard coping with the pessimism about this team (both in the media and often on this board) which has sunk to some really low tactics of expression. Over the course of this losing streak has become almost unbearably toxic, and it's become difficult still seeing and believing the positives about this team.

But I'm STILL hoping the best for this tem every game they play, on every update of the Skins injury list, for every new signing, and for every new transaction involving the practice squad. And I still come back to ES when I can, even though the tone of discussion has really gotten sour.

Now I understand that some folks may simply be emotionally played out, perhaps demoralized by all the media and ES pessimism, or by the fact this upcoming game is only for pride, and has no bearing on the playoff scenarios. Maybe those folks are just tired of seeing the team lose, especially those close heartbreakers.

But I'm hoping that many of those voting " no " are stronger fans than that. And that they are simply voting "no" to signal their dissatisfaction, rather than the fact that they've quit on the Redskins.

Granted, it's your right to quit, but just think how much more satisfying it'll be to say how you stuck with the team during its down years, when this team starts dominating again. (So hopefully some of those voting no, are rethinking, and after reflection still do care and wish they could change their vote.)

...HTTR!!

Don't want the Skins to go 0-6 in the NFC East. Otherwise this dreadful season is finally over and the long off-season of speculation, hype and short lived hope begins. Que 6 months of Extremeskins threads on RGIII vs. Cousins.

Hopefully next year we aren't speculating about how high a 1st rounder we will finally have after week 4.

On the plus side, lots of cap space to discuss for the next few months while watching real franchises contend for the Lombardi.

Speaking of cap space, it's Mara, he of the competition committee whose blatantly biased decision has helped lead to this depleted team and our current predicament. So hell yeah I care, as should you, for at least 3 more hours on Sunday.

I voted NO for damn good reasons. Our suck this year has reached epic proportions. Even when it was obvious our season was toast I at least expected to see signs of life.. like a win scattered here or there or some semblance that we were improving. Instead we got expansion team quality play. In my mind this is the last game I will ever watch the Shanafakes coach my team. I see no difference in 3 or 4 wins. My hatred for this coaching staff has now outweighed my desire to see a 4th victory. I want them to go out as the losers that they are.

Archived