Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins at Falcons

SkinsFanInTennessee

Exactly why shouldn't they have gone for 2? What are they playing for anyway? The game means nothing.. Im glad they failed too.. No team should be rewarded with a win after turning the ball over 7 ****ing times! **** them! They lost the game long before that 2 point conversion! Cudos to the coach for ending the nonsense!!

Great game Kirk! Hopefully RGIII uses it for motivation and gets his health and head right for next year!!

uhhh you know the rams are holding our first round pick right?

a high second round pick is practically a first round pick.  Especially since someone ALWAYS chooses a head scratcher that knocks someone back.  Who cares who the Rams pick.  They've had plenty of high draft picks too, they can still only finish 500 for the season, not like we're giving a super Bowl contender a chance to get more dominant

How is that a message to Snyder? You people are out of your minds.

I know, it's not like Shanny has done that before in his career. It's something he's known for. He likes to go for the win instead of overtime, and I like that about him.

If you really want to win the decision to go for 2 was moronic.  Atl's offense had basically done squat since the 1st quarter.  We had a 70-80% chance to win that game in OT.  A 2 pt play is 50-50 at best and probably worse.

Have to disagree. Way ahead.

Then you weren't watching the REDSKINS game today! I saw a similar outcome and a similar amount of sacks/INTs/hurry ups with Kirk as I have seen each week with Robert! The problem/solution is NOT at the QB position!

Again .. WHAT game were YOU watching?

Best QB play all year. Best offensive play all year. What changed? RG3. And I've been an "RG3 apologist" since he was drafted. The team was much better without him. Could it have been a fluke? Yeah. Am I saying RG3 needs to go? No. I'm just saying what I see.

We're playing a horrible, inexperienced defense and turn the ball over 7 times. Look, I'm glad KC did so well, I really am, but you're forgetting SD, Chi, first half of NY or MIN. All of last year.

I understand your point, but we shouldn't have been afraid of OT.

Going for 2 ensured that KC had a pressure situation in a real game in the clutch to see how he can operate in the red zone. There was no guarantee he would have even see the field in OT. 

At this point in the season, the moral victories actually mean more than the real ones. 

So, in a nutshell, Kirk Cousins is not that far above RGIII as an option.  He has better read through his prgressions, and looked a bit more accurate, but at the same time not as athletic.  RGIII has more talent, and more upside, if (semi-big if) we can fix his pocket poise. KC still threw 2 picks and had a fumble. 

381 yards, pretty gaudy, but killed with the turnovers.  7 TO's, you don't deserve to win, period.  We still saw the second-half swoon.

No reason to deep six RGIII.  We'll see how he does next week.

I predicted that KC would get killed by the pass rush, but it doesn't look like Atl has much of one.  At times though, it looked like KC was in peril. 

The offense has the building blocks, if they could just improve the OL.  And it would run well with either RGIII or KC behind center.

Archived