Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins at Falcons

SkinsFanInTennessee

Of course the usual suspects are all over cousins. This was the Atlanta defense. WRs were running wild and there was no real pass rush. They had a bunch of rookies out there on D today. Kirk should have thrown for 450 with 3 TDs and NO turnovers against this D. I am not impressed at all but he will be able to get more practice time in and do better next week.

Exactly why shouldn't they have gone for 2? What are they playing for anyway? The game means nothing.. Im glad they failed too.. No team should be rewarded with a win after turning the ball over 7 ****ing times! **** them! They lost the game long before that 2 point conversion! Cudos to the coach for ending the nonsense!!

Great game Kirk! Hopefully RGIII uses it for motivation and gets his health and head right for next year!!

Great game Kirk you deserved a win as did a lot of the guys who did play well today. You and players lie Garcon and Robinson played their hearts out and should have gotten a win. The defense certainly played well enough to win today. They had their backs to the wall the entire hame.I for one would have seen them take the game to over time.It's a tribute to these players for hanging in a game with 7 turnovers.

We're 3-11 !! Why are you letting yourselves get so tied up in knots over a W or L?

To be fair .. since our draft position means nothing since it goes to the Lams, I think some people thought we should go for the win. But I agree .. at this point, W-L is meaningless.

Seeing in that this season is lost, I wasn't unhappy with the call.

But how do longtime Skins fans look at this game and not see ghosts of Norv Turner.  Seven turnovers,  A missed 2-point conversion. Then an onside attempt which we nearly get and the ball flies 15 yards down the field.

Classic Norv.......this is so 1998!

Watching my team commit 7 turn overs and lose to another sorry team is not what I call fun.  Feeling that way doesn't make me or anyone a "cry baby".

That'd be a great point, except, that's not what I said. I'm talking about crying about the two point conversion. 

And the game was a lot more fun than anything we've seen the last month, so I heavily disagree with that also. But I don't mind people being frustrated at the loss and wouldn't call that crying.   

There is a lot you can criticize the coaching for in this game but the 2pt conversion isn't one of them. Honestly who gives a crap? It really doesn't matter at that point. We've seen everything we need to see out of the game by that point and we got to see cousins in no pressure situation without soft coverage.

Of course the usual suspects are all over cousins. This was the Atlanta defense. WRs were running wild and there was no real pass rush. They had a bunch of rookies out there on D today. Kirk should have thrown for 450 with 3 TDs and NO turnovers against this D. I am not impressed at all but he will be able to get more practice time in and do better next week.

Haha can you imagine if Griffin had 2 open WRs like that and threw it that far behind them for 2 interceptions. Geez he would be killed by those usual suspects you refer to

Seeing in that this season is lost, I wasn't unhappy with the call.

But how do longtime Skins fans look at this game and not see ghosts of Norv Turner.  Seven turnovers,  A missed 2-point conversion. Then an onside attempt which we nearly get and the ball flies 15 yards down the field.

Classic Norv.......this is so 1998!

Good news is that if this is so 1998 then we'll win the division next year.

Going for 2 was the wrong call in that situation. I would've supported going for 2 if we'd managed to score a TD at the end vs Minny, as I had no confidence in our D to stop their O in OT, and thought it would've been better to leave it in the hands of our O. But we had all the momentum today; ATL only had 7 points which didn't come off turnovers, and they were almost never able to stop us unless we turned it over. In that situation you ride your momentum into OT.

Good game, Robinson: since we don't know how Hank will recover from his injury, and Moss might not be here in a year or so, we need someone to step up, and Robinson could be that guy.

We almost doubled up Atlanta yardage-wise offensively. 

And that right there is the "juice" of this game.  We know our D has been horrible yet they played lights out against an offense who got back this week two of their biggest playmakers.

I am not going to make any assumptions after this game against Cousins.  But I really do believe we have one heck of a chance to beat the boys with him under center.

To be fair .. since our draft position means nothing since it goes to the Lams, I think some people thought we should go for the win. But I agree .. at this point, W-L is meaningless.

I don't know about you but I don't want to give the Ram any higher pick than we have to.

Even though we found another new sucky way to lose (seven turnovers!), this was the first game in a while that I actually enjoyed watching.

I applaud the two point try, damn shame we couldn't convert it.

Respect to Captain Kirk. Apart from a few bad throws he looked good out there.

Exactly how I feel. :)

I don't think Cousins really played any different than what I've seen from Griffin. Made some good plays, made some bad plays. Way too many turnovers from the offense today.

RGIII is still my guy, but Cousins was much more accurate than RGIII has been. Yeah, he made some bad throws, but overall I thought Cousins played a damn good game.

I didn't like the play call on the 2 pt Conversion. That being said this game was pathetic....7 turnovers is a testament to the lack of team and individual discipline. 7 turnovers against another 3-10 team. Absurd. I get that it came down to the wire, and was somewhat entertaining to watch but I see no reason why the house isn't cleaned out.

That'd be a great point, except, that's not what I said. I'm talking about crying about the two point conversion. 

And the game was a lot more fun than anything we've seen the last month, so I heavily disagree with that also. But I don't mind people being frustrated at the loss and wouldn't call that crying.   

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed.  This was basically the Vikings game all over again and it sucked for me.  I wanted to win.  Call me spiteful but I want the Rams pick to be as bad as it can be.  There was nothing fun about watching my team turn the ball over seven times.  That's ridiculous for a professional football team.  They gave the game away.

Why are people trying to force some weird soap opera conspiracy of Shanahan spiting Snyder?  Shanahan showed confidence in letting him go for the win right at that instant, we had nothing to lose and why prolong the game and why not end it there on your own terms.

If you have confidence in your QB you drafted, let him win the game right then or there.  You take it all or you take nothing, let you and only you decide your fate.

Exactly, all the "that was a middle finger to Synder" and "he just wants out" is making me physical ill to read. 

Stop listening to the talking heads on radio and TV, people. There's drama, but it's realistically probably 10% of what's reported.

I don't think Cousins really played any different than what I've seen from Griffin. Made some good plays, made some bad plays. Way too many turnovers from the offense today.

'Zactly!  The problem/solution is NOT at the quarterback position!  Montana and Young would have a tough time winning with this OFFENSIVE line!

You and I are watching different games then.

Cousins is much better at running an NFL offense. He reads the D, gets the ball out quick, and hits the open guy.

Yes he had two interceptions, but both of those were the right decisions. The WR was open both tiems. The problem is bad throws. When you're a guy who is consistently throwing with anticipation, and you don't have the best arm in the world, you'll throw picks. Cousins is very much like Eli or Flacco in this case, except not as physically gifted.

Cousins also consistently beat pressure with throws. He didn't look panicky in the pocket. He slid, moved well within, and delivered strikes.

Contrast that with RG3, who's best games this year have primarily been when he's also been a run threat. He had 11 carries in the Bears game, 6 carries in the Chargers game, and 7 carries in the Vikings game. He is not a QB who can beat you purely from the pocket, he benefits primarily from read option. That style is unsustainable.

They are two entirely different QBs and RG3 has not had a game like Cousins has had all year, and probably didn't all of last year either(but last year he was just so dynamic it wasn't really an issue, at least until he got hurt).

I wonder if the going for 2 was an FU to Snyder.

Absolutely!!!

Post-game pressers for those who want to watch them:

Thanks, but no thanks. Shanny already told us he rarely tells the truth. I don't care to listen to a word out of his mouth.

As for the 2 point call? This team is in shambles, and a win would have been nice for them---especially given all the turnovers. Shanny just plain sucks!

There is a lot you can criticize the coaching for in this game but the 2pt conversion isn't one of them. Honestly who gives a crap? It really doesn't matter at that point. We've seen everything we need to see out of the game by that point and we got to see cousins in no pressure situation without soft coverage.

Haha can you imagine if Griffin had 2 open WRs like that and threw it that far behind them for 2 interceptions. Geez he would be killed by those usual suspects you refer to

I enjoyed their dancing around the issue. Its alright to have your preferences but they shouldn't pretend to be objective. 

Archived