Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins at Falcons

SkinsFanInTennessee

Lol, and to all those who think going for 2 is such a great high percentage move, why is it other teams NEVER go for 2 unless they are forced to?  99.9% of the time there the team kicks the extra point and goes to OT.

So, why isn't this "high percentage play" ever run by anyone else when they have another choice?

Idiotic way to waste a great comeback drive.

Probabilities and statistics can often involve difficult concepts to comprehend. This is especially true when presented with data that contradicts long held conventional wisdoms.

Don't give up though. It'll get easier the more you learn how to analyze equations on your own.

We moved the ball even in the second half, but continued to turn it over. Were we not moving on Morris' fumble?

morris' fumble occurred with about 8:49 left in the 4th quarter. before that we had punted 3 times and thrown and INT. we hadnt managed a second half first down. 

peoples memory when it comes to our offense is amazing.

Probabilities and statistics can often involve difficult concepts to comprehend. This is especially true when presented with data that contradicts long held conventional wisdoms.

Don't give up though. It'll get easier the more you learn how to analyze equations on your own.

Well put.

Unfortunately many of the posters here can't comprehend that kind of advanced thinking.

Depends on who you ask.  lol  Some people think he played pretty well, others weren't impressed. 

I don't see how anyone can say he didn't play well.  Those saying they weren't impressed or downplaying it are RG3 fanboys who feel threatened.  He made some mistakes but overall he produced in the game and led our team down the field for a TD in clutch time to either tie or possibly win the game.

Kirk is a better pocket passer than RGIII, which shouldn't be a surprise seeing our super smart coaches decided they were gonna run RGIII into the ground instead of take their lumps developing a spread QB into a pocket passer. The shame of it is that RGIII worked his ass off in the 2012 offseason to improve his pocket mechanics and ability to play under center, but his coaches, instead of building on that, decided to take the easy way out.

The reason why the Griffins and Shanahans dislike each other is because RGIII wants to be Steve Young, and looked to the guy who coached Steve Young to help him be that, and Shanahan wanted to win to save his job, so he tried to turn him into Mike Vick.

New QB + same results = negative coach

Really??  I would say Cousins played very well except for a few errors but there is no doubt we win this game if you take away Moss’s fumbles and Morris’s fumbles in which 3 of them are in Atlanta territory.  

New QB to me equals new life to this Offense.  I can’t wait to see the final 2 games of the season.  

There is a lot you can criticize the coaching for in this game but the 2pt conversion isn't one of them. Honestly who gives a crap? It really doesn't matter at that point. We've seen everything we need to see out of the game by that point and we got to see cousins in no pressure situation without soft coverage.

Haha can you imagine if Griffin had 2 open WRs like that and threw it that far behind them for 2 interceptions. Geez he would be killed by those usual suspects you refer to

No offense, but I haven't seen RGIII hit as many deep balls as KC did in this one game. I like RGIII and do believe he will be the future, but KC is a much better pocket passer than RGIII is at this point. In his presser he took the blame for his mistakes. Let me point out also that if Niles Paul makes that catch in the end zone even though it was a little behind him we would have won this game, that drive ended in a FG.

Why is always necessary for some people to try to tear down one of our QB's over  the other. Our QB's are rooting for each other, far from anything on this forum. Something we should all be ashamed of.

We moved the ball even in the second half, but continued to turn it over. Were we not moving on Morris' fumble?

We definitely were. But Ive seen them do the same thing before. Get in the redzone and turn the ball over at a crucial time in the game. 

I don't see how anyone can say he didn't play well.  Those saying they weren't impressed or downplaying it are RG3 fanboys who feel threatened.  He made some mistakes but overall he produced in the game and led our team down the field for a TD in clutch time to either tie or possibly win the game.

And we had an equal chance to win the game, had a crappy decision not been made by Shanny.  Kirk was doing fine, and who knows what the coin toss at OT would've produced?  Anyone with any football knowledge knows to take your (almost) guaranteed extra point, and try to win in OT. 

That's if you're trying to win.  Apparently, we were not.

And we had an equal chance to win the game, had a crappy decision not been made by Shanny. Kirk was doing fine, and who knows what the coin toss at OT would've produced? Anyone with any football knowledge knows to take your (almost) guaranteed extra point, and try to win in OT.

That's if you're trying to win. Apparently, we were not.

Lol the part about the (almost) guaranteed extra point makes me remember that one game in December of shannys 1st season here. McNabb led us down the field for a TD to pull within a point of the Bucs. No time left on the clock, gano attempts the extra point to try to get overtime...anddd...he misses it. We lose by 1 point.

I agree.  I can't say he played a great game with the 3 turnovers, but almost everything else was good.  I'd give him a B, B-, strictly for the turnovers.  He managed the game well at the line, he was decisive, he did things to avoid sacks and hits, he had them at the end in a position to win.  And even the 2 INTs weren't as bad as some that we've seen this year.  But turnovers are turnovers, he'll have to tighten that up, but I think he will because he knows exactly what he did wrong.  

He looked more effective in the position than we've seen RG3 look in a month, IMO.   Probably since Minnesota.  

Kirk is a better pocket passer than RGIII, which shouldn't be a surprise seeing our super smart coaches decided they were gonna run RGIII into the ground instead of take their lumps developing a spread QB into a pocket passer. The shame of it is that RGIII worked his ass off in the 2012 offseason to improve his pocket mechanics and ability to play under center, but his coaches, instead of building on that, decided to take the easy way out.

The reason why the Griffins and Shanahans dislike each other is because RGIII wants to be Steve Young, and looked to the guy who coached Steve Young to help him be that, and Shanahan wanted to win to save his job, so he tried to turn him into Mike Vick.

Young could throw the ball accurately and read D’s and progress through his receivers.  RG has a lot to learn and to be honest, some of the mistakes he’s making are SIMPLE reads.  At this level, he needs a lot of work to be a passer QB and it will take much longer than 2 years if ever.  

Lol the part about the (almost) guaranteed extra point makes me remember that one game in December of shannys 1st season here. McNabb led us down the field for a TD to pull within a point of the Bucs. No time left on the clock, gano attempts the extra point to try to get overtime...anddd...he misses it. We lose by 1 point.

Your memory fails you. He didn't miss it. He never even got a chance to kick it. It was a bad snap.

Young could throw the ball accurately and read D’s and progress through his receivers.  RG has a lot to learn and to be honest, some of the mistakes he’s making are SIMPLE reads.  At this level, he needs a lot of work to be a passer QB and it will take much longer than 2 years if ever.  

I'm guessing you don't remember Young's time with the Bucs. I wasn't quite alive when it happened but I've read Steve's autobiography and even he admits he was pretty bad back then. It took him some time. Hell, even once he finally got to play for the 49ers after sitting behind Montana he admitted that he tried to rely on his legs too much and was too quick to take off and run (sound familiar?).

lol, Young was running QB prior to coming to the 49ers. He was developed under the watchful eye of Bill Walsh, Mike Shanahan and Gary Kubick.

Your memory fails you. He didn't miss it. He never even got a chance to kick it. It was a bad snap.

I'm guessing you don't remember Young's time with the Bucs. I wasn't quite alive when it happened but I've read Steve's autobiography and even he admits he was pretty bad back then. It took him some time. Hell, even once he finally got to play for the 49ers after sitting behind Montana he admitted that he tried to rely on his legs to much and was too quick to take off and run (sound familiar?).

wow, man...you're nice...NOT!!! my memory is actually very good. missing the kick, not getting a chance to kick it...in the end it resulted in us losing by a point. doesnt matter how it happened, it still happened.

Archived