Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com- Dan Graziano: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

DJD2

Keim saying that he doesn't believe Shanahan is the source. But he totally gives credence to the story knowing what he knows being around the team. 

Hail. 

Graziano got some real good interveiws with Shanahan the last few years.

I am convinced he went to Graz. He is making sure to cover himself for the end game.

We have a whole thread about HC candidates. Good potentials this year, I wouldn't worry about that. I'm all in for Jay Gruden or Darrell Bevell.

That's not the point I was making. I know there are a bevy of candidates. But, if this is true, why would a budding candidate come to this toxic organization?

Did Shanhan not give special treatment to RG3 in the playoff game but leaving a gimpy, limping and ineffective QB in the game because he asked to be left in the game?

Kind of funny that his special treatment of a player cost him the chance to leave the team over his anger about the preferential treatment of the same player. What?

It is football though. This is a very team driven sport. Of course Snyder helps players, like all owners do, but if he puts it over the top, it creates dysfunction. 

Shanahan has had his own coaching issues. This however is a major major organizational issue going forward 

I don't know man.  It seems like playing the "Snyder card" is just too easy to do.  Did our defense decide it wanted to take bad angles and be poor at tackling because Snyder bought Griff an ice cream cone?  When Haslett wants Kerrigan to cover Lesean McCoy 1 on 1, is that because of Snyder?  Was it inappropriate for Snyder to be present at Griff's surgery after the Seattle game?  Was it Snyder who told Shanahan to make our Oline the smallest in the league, so they resemble bowling pins in pass protection? 

Mike Shanahan is despicable.

Lots of QBs have relationships with the owner. Is it ideal? No. Is it relevant? No. He's trying to throw everyone under the bus because he refuses to take responsibility for his failures as a coach and GM. It's disgusting.

They do. But look at Snyder's track record.

Shanahan is toast. I am concerned about the future of the Redskins in the post Shanny era 

Okay, so tell me what Snyder is doing wrong here.  Is he telling Griffin not to study or to change the calls and ignore what Kyle calls if he doesn't like it?  Is he making all the other players carry RGIII on a divan and sing hossanahs to him?  Telling RGIII he has no need to practice?  Dictating based on RGIII's wishes who is on the active roster and the substitution patterns?

Anyone really believe that Shanahan is an emasculated eunich?

This coaching staff does appear a little as if it is going through the motions and has since game 1.  That does suggest to me that there is disgruntlement, but like I say to my staff.  Control what you can control and they've done a ****ty job of doing that.  I don't blame Danny or Griffin for the lack of preparation, overall discipline, or execution on the field.  I really don't.

Snyder is an easy scapegoat.

Shanahan has enough credibility that he should know how to handle a qb that's about to blow up into a superstar and is in danger of head inflation.  He knows that if you got an Elway... that guy will be the face of the team and everyone will want a piece of him.  Happens with every superstar that the fanbase or media falls in love with.  It's his job to mediate those influences.  If he failed it's on him.

I think this is just excuse making.  I really do.  I also don't believe that the owner of a team should have no direct contact with the team and live in a continent, walled up, and blindly write checks giving carte blanche to all his employees.  Two things that  we know about RGIII are that he is smart and he is dedicated/hard worker. 

This is on Shanny not Danny.

I don't know man.  It seems like playing the "Snyder card" is just too easy to do.  Did our defense decide it wanted to take bad angles and be poor at tackling because Snyder bought Griff an ice cream cone?  When Haslett wants Kerrigan to cover Lesean McCoy 1 on 1, is that because of Snyder?  Was it inappropriate for Snyder to be present at Griff's surgery after the Seattle game?  Was it Snyder who told Shanahan to make our Oline the smallest in the league, so they resemble bowling pins in pass protection? 

This fits in with the pattern of dysfunction in the Snyder era.

Believe me, I have wanted Shanny gone since the Dallas game this year.

I am more concerned about the future of t his team though if Robert is this empowered and close to the owner. It spells disaster for an NFL organization 

That's not the point I was making. I know there are a bevy of candidates. But, if this is true, why would a budding candidate come to this toxic organization?

I see the opposite. I think people would love to come here. It's basically risk free. They get the chance to come in and work with a high potential and talented QB with some good pieces on offense. If it doesn't work out, they can say it was Snyder and the cursed Redskins that poisoned another HC and it likely wouldn't impact their future coaching prospects. If they succeed, well then they are a king.

@MikeJonesWaPo: So Shanahan was going to leave $14M on table right after winning a NFC East Riiiiight. Someone planning an exit strategy if no extension?

QFT, its obv that this was a plant for Shanagans to tuck tale and run out of town and hurt the owners reputation as an excuse for the game passing him by. Continutity for the sake of continutity without expectations of results is a failure waiting to happen. Snyder after todays loss should can the lot of these clowns pretending to be head coaches who are living off of decade old success.

I agree Snyder is meddling, but I think Shanahan really handcuffed this team by hiring his son to a prominent position. If he was a qb coach or te coach it would be different. Little Shanahan isn't cutting the mustard, and everyone knows that, but no one fires their son.

With Snyder, the hiring of a holier than thou Shanahan and family, horrible staff, colossal drafts picks gone, (RG3, McNabb, Jamaal Brown), and Mara neutering us with the cap hit. This was a recipe for disaster, and the stove timer is about to go off.

Archived