Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com- Dan Graziano: Owner-QB link disillusioned coach

DJD2

I just watched CBS pregame, and Cowher, Sharpe, and Esiason all came down on the side of Shanahan, that you cannot possibly have a winning organization under an environment like that when a player can go direct to the owner and bypass the chain of command.  

but we already knew this, because this has been his modus operandi since Snyder bought the team.  LOL what a clown show.  We are doomed.  Why would any professional coach want to be "in charge" of this circus?  LOL 

Be careful what you wish for.  

I just watched CBS pregame, and Cowher, Sharpe, and Esiason all came down on the side of Shanahan, that you cannot possibly have a winning organization under an environment like that when a player can go direct to the owner and bypass the chain of command.  

but we already knew this, because this has been his modus operandi since Snyder bought the team.  LOL what a clown show.  We are doomed.  Why would any professional coach want to be "in charge" of this circus?  LOL 

It has begun

We are the worst franchise in the NFL. Dan Snyder is a cancer. We have to go to the top to blame all the inadequacies this team has suffered for the last 20 years and you have to tap the owner.

He was the one who failed when the Redskins spent numerous dollars on soon to be retired hall of famers and over-hyped players and he's the one continuing to hire all the "gadget play style" or former glory having head coaches.

The fans are the only ones that are suffering. We've turned into a franchise based on finger pointing between the media and even us fans basically turning against each other. We are the TMZ model for disaster as a team.

I have zero hope for this franchise while Dan owner. I've watched the same thing over and over and no matter what suit you put on this pig, it's a mess.

Get out in front of all of this and get people on your side when it comes time to face the music. Everybody hates Snyder, so it won't be too hard, especially with these fresh rumors yet again finding their way into the spotlight.

It's a ****ty thing to do, but I think thats part of his flightplan.

Good point.

But I think he needs an exit strategy for Kyle, more than himself. His super secret mission here in DC is to help his son succeed. We all know this.  He can get another gig based on his ring.

And exit by just saying he wants to focus on family.... how ironic!!!

Seems consensus believe Shanahan leaked his own info.

Playing devils,

let's say Mike knows he is getting fired about 4pm today.  Why not wait and tell all afterwards? 

Does it not look bad to leak out, the ball coach quit on his team before a playoff game in year 3 of a rebuild?  A year that he could actually have added to his somewhat bleak resume since getting his ring.

Something smells fishy but if he wanted to quit before the playoffs last year, why did he come back?

Because he gets to play the hero and direct the conversation for the next 4-5 hours or 3-4 weeks until he is fired. He came back after being so fed up with the situation and tried to make the best of it, poor Shanahan etc. now when he is fired we already know his side and media has been running it for at worst an entire day. He has people on his side, he is an empathetic figure.

You and I and many of the more dedicated fans on this board - that watch every play of every game and read every article, etc. - have a much better idea what's going on with the team than Sharpe, Esiason or any TV soundbite pundit does.  

Take that as you will.

It has begun

you are damn right it has begun.  I've never been so sorry to be proven right.  Shanahan is going to come out of this as the victim, and if this report is correct rightfully so.  Until Snyder becomes just an owner and not a fan, this organization will never change NO MATTER WHO they hire to coach this team.  Stand by for Zorn 2.0.  

Maybe we should just hire the special teams coach before we hire anybody else?  LOL

Yeah.

Instead we'll get a no tread. I'm telling you man, no one with big dreams is coming here. Its going to be a quality control cronie

Caught between a rock and a hard place man. 

Snyder needs to sell. That's NOT happening in our lifetimes. He's young and has a cash cow on his hands. 

Sucks ass but what ya' gona' do?

Hail. 

Because he showed favoritism towards Griffin? Irsay does the same crap with Luck.

He brought in a GM, he paid the coach handsomely and has stayed out of the limelight. Shanahan has been a disaster and he's covering his ass. He's the coach I wanted here but it's not working out. Blaming Snyder is just to easy and it reeks of desperation from the Shanny camp. I mean look how many people will believe this story because of Snyders past...it's just too obvious in my opinion.

First of all, Irsay is a complete whacko.  Even if he does show similar favoritism to Luck, this doesn't help your argument.

Secondly, what GM?  Allen?  His primary responsibilities have been organizing alumni functions and getting the Richmond training camp going.  He's done very little in terms of player personnel.  Shanny has done most of that.

It's always something with this franchise the past 15 or so years.  And the 1 constant throughout has been Snyder.

You and I and many of the more dedicated fans on this board - that watch every play of every game and read every article, etc. - have a much better idea what's going on with the team than Sharpe, Esiason or any TV soundbite pundit does.  

Take that as you will.

Yes my friend, but people listen to them.  What people like them say about this team does matter whether we want to believe it or not.  

And now Shanny is saying he wanted to pull RGIII before halftime in the playoff game but Dr. Andrews told him Griffin was fine. Wake the hell up people, dude is blaming everyone for everything now. Easy targets and everyone will believe it....unbelievable.

When exactly did RGIII go around Shanahan to Snyder to get something? There's nothing in this "report" that claims that.

And exactly where did you think Sharpe and Cowher's opinions would be on this?

I knew this would happen. I knew this story would snowball into something it never originally meant. DAMN! I hate the media!

First of all, Irsay is a complete whacko.  Even if he does show similar favoritism to Luck, this doesn't help your argument.

Secondly, what GM?  Allen?  His primary responsibilities have been organizing alumni functions and getting the Richmond training camp going.  He's done very little in terms of player personnel.  Shanny has done most of that.

It's always something with this franchise the past 15 or so years.  And the 1 constant throughout has been Snyder.

Because Shanahan wanted full control. There's a reason he's no longer in Denver and it's the same reason he won't be here any longer, full control.

If it's always been Snyder, was it the Cooke family from 93-99?

I hate Snyder so effing much.  He's the only common thread throughout this tenure of failure.

I wish we could fire him.

I'm with you on this one. We will never get back to respectability as long as he is in charge of the organization. He is the one common thread. As long as he is there, this team will always be a circus with no substantial foundation to build on. I thought that had finally changed when Shanahan came in and what we saw last year. Guess I was wrong. I applaud Snyder for his "love" for the team...I can identify with that....and his stance on keeping the Redskins name....however, that doesn't translate to wins and a consistent stable organization. It starts from the top and we continue to be a joke in that department.

You would think being an ex media mogul that Dan would win battles with the media.

I am also a non believer in the notion players cannot have any relationship with owners. That it makes a team the leagues worst.  Mike can just tell Dan 'thanks for the input but i want to play a walking wounded QB, thank you very much though'

Because Shanahan wanted full control. There's a reason he's no longer in Denver and it's the same reason he won't be here any longer, full control.

If it's always been Snyder, was it the Cooke family from 93-99?

I said "the last 15 years or so".  That's almost entirely Snyder.  Cooke family is gone from the Skins.  We're dealing with the here and now.

Obviously, we're not gonna agree on this matter so I'll just let it go.

At the end of the day, we're both Skins fans.

LOL to anyone in here blaming it on Shanny.

There is one common denominator to EVERY coach we have, including Gibbs II under Danny.

Drama, infighting, backstabbing, players running to the owner, "rumors" from the park, and players leaking stuff about coaches.

Yeah it's all Shannys fault.  LOL  It's embarrassing to root for a franchise that prefers drama over winning. 

Houston job becomes available and Dan Graziano drops a pipe bomb.. Is that really a coincidence? Could be, but it's awfully convienant

HTTR24-7.com ‏@HTTR24_7 1m
So Mike & Kyle probably go to Houston and sign Jay Cutler or try to trade for K.Cousins..

And we play Houston next year. 

Man, I can't WAIT for that one. 

Hail. 

Archived