Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Catch you folks next year - parting thoughts

bonesbr549

Well season's over for all in intense purposes (really its been over for a long time).   I really had hopes but was realistic.  I figured RG would take a while to come back, but thought we would be in it.   To be honest the whole season they seemed lost and on diff pages.   The Defense was much worse than I ever imagined possible.   Special teams were bad.  Offense never got going.  I hope that we can do something to shore up the OL and Defense.  Coaching I can't see Shanny going, but others need to.  

For me I cant' watch anymore.  I just can't do it anymore.

I'm not a fair weather fan.  I go back to Larry Brown.   Seen the good times and a lot of bad times.    I will be back next year and hopefully something changes(as I hope ever year).  I really feel for the season Ticket holders.  Like I indicated last night I'm only out the NFL sunday ticket cost.   You guys are out so much more.  My best wishes for RG in the off season and I really hope next year we are in a position to compete again.   HTTR

I hear ya. I'm just sick to my stomach that we're out of it THIS early. I actually believe us displaced fans have it worst. I'm totally EMBARRASSED right now. I can't talk football to anybody after talking **** last year.

And for the fans that would give Shanahan yet another year, you all have much more patience than I do.

I share the same sentiments as I'm out as well on the directv Sunday tix...I will just record the games moving forward and watch whenever I can, that way at least it won't be 3:30 hours of torture...Also still interested in the development of RG3 so that will keep me interested in the game regardless of wins and losses.

I was honestly debating whether or not to watch last night, seeing as I had an opportunity to catch up on some lost sleep from the Holiday weekend.

As soon as Griffin sailed that ball with like 4-6 minutes left in the game, I'd had enough. The game was playing out exactly like many of the other games this season. Skins offense is clicking, defense is clicking, and then the D gives up an easy TD, the Special teams jacks up field position, and the offense goes 3 and out and allows an absurd amount of unanswered points. This entire season has been Groundhog Day.

I hear ya. I'm just sick to my stomach that we're out of it THIS early. I actually believe us displaced fans have it worst. I'm totally EMBARRASSED right now. I can't talk football to anybody after talking **** last year.

And for the fans that would give Shanahan yet another year, you all have much more patience than I do.

Sorry dude. Season ticket holders have it absolutely awful right now.  Spending all that money last night to have a game like that and Giants fans singing "nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye." as you walk up the stairs is about as low as it gets for me.  Sold the rest of my tickets at face value (most likely to opposing fans) and I couldn't be more relieved.

Sorry dude. Season ticket holders have it absolutely awful right now.  Spending all that money last night to have a game like that and Giants fans singing "nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye." as you walk up the stairs is about as low as it gets for me.  Sold the rest of my tickets at face value (most likely to opposing fans) and I couldn't be more relieved.

I admit, that has to suck, BUT why do Redskins fans sell their tickets to opposing fans? If I had season tix, I'd still go to every game no matter the record.

Don't let anyone try to make you feel bad for doing so either.

You made the investment and have the right to stop subjecting yourself to bull****

We don't even have a draft pick to tank for and we're tanking anyway. Friggin' marvelous.

Wow, I'm so depressed. I'm still watching the games but I officially quit on the 2013 Skins after the Minnesota loss.

Last night we went up 14-0 and I simply knew we would blow it. I just knew it. I was supremely confident we'd lose. I stopped watching after the muffed punt. Got some good sleep and didn't even check the news this morning. I found out that my prediction was correct at about 10am today when a coworker asked me what I thought about the referee's 1st down screw-up.

don't blame you one bit, and I usually would either call you out or at worse think to myself that you are a crappy fan, but enough is enough. I'm a pretty positive guy, but I can't stand to see this team lose in this way. 

I mean, they made an obvious decision to get Robert in a rhythm, to throw short, to make him look underneath and even then, they just crapped the bed. 

I knew, I mean, I just knew that we would get shut down the second half ... why? Because the other coaches would find a way to stick it to us ... and we would not be able to respond. 

As for Robert, I just feel plain sorry for him.  How did he not hit Helu on that one sack, he was so open.  

There are only 16 games a year and I love football and the Redskins so I will always watch.

But I can say I am in total shock. Even during the dark days of Vinny I knew there *could* be a light if Dan eventually made the right changes.

I thought he did with Shanahan. I just no longer know anymore about this franchise 

Wish I could walk away, too. It's just ridiculous how had they are. Like a weekly root canal.

I honestly hope they lose out so they will fire shanahan... And wish I could force myself to not watch. At least no more night games.

Last night I was just praying for it to go quickly so I could switch over and watch walking dead in peace. The zombies were more lively than the skins.

There are only 16 games a year and I love football and the Redskins so I will always watch.

But I can say I am in total shock. Even during the dark days of Vinny I knew there *could* be a light if Dan eventually made the right changes.

I thought he did with Shanahan. I just no longer know anymore about this franchise 

I'm enjoying your slow descent into madness. Of course, if you end up as the inspiration for a Criminal Minds story arc, I will feel guilty.

Yeah, even with a horrible season going on, I am getting sad that football season is winding down. In April or May I will long for a Redskin game...even one like last night's. I'm going to miss the Redskins when they are gone from January through August.

I am going to step back this off-season and try not to spend so much time guessing what will work and what won't. That's the part of fandom that is likely to change. I spent months reading into a million things thinking that I might be able to determine what it all meant and how it might impact this season.

For 2014, I will absolutely read off-season news, follow the draft and free agency, and keep an eye on training camp. But no matter who is leading this team, I will not pretend to have any clue or expectation as to how the season will go. Afterall, a second-year, no-name, first-time head coach with a bunch of average joes won the Super Bowl in 1982 while an experienced head coach in year four of his overhaul with the reigning NFL OROY is still searching for win #4 while people are decorating for Christmas. I'm clueless and ready to just enjoy the ride.

Archived