Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Catch you folks next year - parting thoughts

bonesbr549

The Dallas game is gonna be brutal at FedEx. There's gonna be so many Dallas fans it's gonna feel like an away game.

Dallas is probably gonna cruise to the NFC East title and the NBD fans are gonna be more obnoxious than ever.

I'll be there, but I don't know how long I can last.

This fanbase blows big time.

The Dallas game is gonna be brutal at FedEx. There's gonna be so many Dallas fans it's gonna feel like an away game.Dallas is probably gonna cruise to the NFC East title and the NBD fans are gonna be more obnoxious than ever.I'll be there, but I don't know how long I can last.This fanbase blows big time.

I do think the Skins fanbase is soft. I never see other teams stadiums run over with opposing teams fans as much as I see it with FedEx.

The Dallas game is gonna be brutal at FedEx. There's gonna be so many Dallas fans it's gonna feel like an away game.

Dallas is probably gonna cruise to the NFC East title and the NBD fans are gonna be more obnoxious than ever.

I think it is one of the strongest in the league. The turnout in Denver this year was insane. 200+ people at the rally and fans all over the stadium, at the airport, etc.

Probably only 5-6 other fanbases that roll like that--similar in other road games I've been to.

We've sucked for 20 years....home crowds for 3-9 teams year after year will either be empty, apathetic, angry, or overrun. Maybe all of the above.

Passion of skins fans is hard to beat. I don't think people bailing on a lost season and selling tickets is indicative of weakness as a fanbase.

I know.  This is the one game that I hope we come out motivated for 4 qts. and find a way to win.

I know. This is the one game that I hope we come out motivated for 4 qts. and find a way to win.

It very well might not wind up mattering to Dallas either. With the way things shake out, that could be a virtually meaningless game for them--- which would make it even worse because hurting their chances is probabaly the only glimmer we have left as fans. Just to make it interesting for those three hours.

I understand.  I watch less and less every year.  I go back to the old RFK and the over the hill gang.  I remember two childhood front pages: skins beating the cowboys wo go to their first superbowl in 1972, and the moon landing.  I was in Texas in 1984 in the military when the skins were winning with Gibbs.  I was on my honeymoon and watched Marus Allen tear through the skins on superbowl sunday.  But I just can't watch this train wreck anymore.

I can live with the offensive growth of RGII, that is expected.  But i REMEMBER pETTIBONE and Gibbs great coaching and half time adjustments.  This defense is the worst I have seen in Washington; ever.  The constant mistakes and special teams, just sloppy.  I can accept lack of talent, but lazy mistakes.  And Kyle just seems to get stuck.  He can be great but does not appear to know how to adapt.

Maybe next year

I can understand selling tickets. Not worth trading an entire game plus $ for tickets and tailgates to watch this garbage.

But if you're not even gonna watch on TV... I hope you're not singing Hail to the Redskins when (if) Griffin becomes the QB we all know he can be and has us as perennial SB contenders in a few years. 

I'll still go out to a local bar with NFL Ticket Sunday in Redskins gear and yell at the TV. 

I can understand selling tickets. Not worth trading an entire game plus $ for tickets and tailgates to watch this garbage.

But if you're not even gonna watch on TV... I hope you're not singing Hail to the Redskins when (if) Griffin becomes the QB we all know he can be and has us as perennial SB contenders in a few years.

I'll still go out to a local bar with NFL Ticket Sunday in Redskins gear and yell at the TV.

I can admire you being so dedicated, but some of us have been beat down. Up until this year, I had never intentionally not watched a game. Since 1976, the only time I missed watching them was when I was away at college in Memphis and they were not shown on local TV. But I would watch what game was on and wait (what seemed like forever before the modern rolling scoreboard at the bottom of the screen) for them to flash the score every so often. This is the first time I intentionally haven't watched the last three games.

I guess it would be better if my other teams weren't as bad either, but they are. I either get work done around the house or I watch other games since I have Sunday Ticket. I've seen SBs and was there to root them on. I've been through the worst seasons in franchise history and was there to root them on. I'm just worn down from the last 22 years of watching the same mistakes, penalties and blunders week after week.

It's truly amazing that they find different, yet heart wrenching ways to lose every week. It's gotten so predictable, that my wife is amazed that I'll say that they will do "this" to screw it up and 5 minutes later, that is what happens. I'll be back next year, but I'll be more reserved about our season. I'm glad some fans can still have fun watching them play, but it's no fun for me. I can handle losing, but I can't handle HOW we lose games. Its downright embarrassing as a fan. So don't judge. We're all fans in our own way.

I never wil understand a true fan who will stop watching.  There are only 16 of them a year and there is always a reason to watch, even if it is just player evaluation.  We've seen much more hopeless situation than today yet you still watched.  We are coming off a division championship with a potential great QB, why on Earth would you not watch to see if he is progressing, or to see if he stays healthy? 

I've missed 3 games in 40 years and that was only due to circumstances.  If you chose to stop watching then I chose to question your committment. 

I never wil understand a true fan who will stop watching. There are only 16 of them a year and there is always a reason to watch, even if it is just player evaluation. We've seen much more hopeless situation than today yet you still watched. We are coming off a division championship with a potential great QB, why on Earth would you not watch to see if he is progressing, or to see if he stays healthy?

I've missed 3 games in 40 years and that was only due to circumstances. If you chose to stop watching then I chose to question your committment.

I agree. I don't get it either. I could never not watch. Even at 1-15. Damn people, at least DVR the game and watch later. You're either all in, or you're out.

I do think the Skins fanbase is soft. I never see other teams stadiums run over with opposing teams fans as much as I see it with FedEx.

Yeah, you've obviously never been to Bank of America. Redskins fans take over that joint. And it's that way every year, when even a semi-popular team comes to town.

Part of being a fan is watching when they lose, because the hope exists to win, and even if the reasonable side says it's impossible, there's always something to look for.

We've been bad for so long that I've seen a lot of people jump off the bandwagon... and don't you know, they were all back on last year.

that's not being a fan, that's being a casual observer. (Of course, they all know what is 'wrong' with the team, and are happy to spout the clichés that bandwagon fans spout.)

Casual observers should not start threads about what it is they think about the team, because frankly, fans don't really care what you think about the team. You're a temp.. your jersey still has that  Bandwagon smell, and no matter how much you wash it, you won't get rid of it.. 

You're essentially background noise to us.

Jump, Judy.

~Bang

So a few weeks ago my wife gave me tix to tomorrow's game vs KC as a bday gift. I don't have the heart to tell her I don't want to go. Poor team and bad weather. Can't believe I am not looking forward to going to a game.

Now that is a tough situation.  I have no problem if a fan does not want to sit in sleet to watch a 3-9 team get beat again.  But you gotta go given the circumstances.

Archived