Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I hope tonight's game erases any illusion about the "talent" level on this team.

NoCalMike

You know, I think this game came at the perfect time. Really.  Hear me out.

Leading up to this game there has been so much media sensationalism regarding Robert.  Everything from his play, to his maturity, to his press conference have been over-examined and scrutinized to death. It has been piling on in the most disgusting fashion and most of it is unwarranted. (IMO, I guess).

Then comes tonight's game against the 49ers.  A chance for this team to step up, make a stand and say "STFU ALREADY" and guess what?  They go out and get physically pushed around all over the field.

I am not going to say the team needed this humbling, but I 100% feel that this FANBASE needed this humbling.  There should be no debate anymore about where the level of talent on this TEAM is.   We saw what a roster looks like that is a contender.  Even when they aren't playing well, even when their QB is a 2nd year struggling to learn to play the position QB, their ROSTER has the talent to win games. Kaepernick's overthrows and misses are ignored because two plays later his WRs are making huge plays to help him out. 

We just saw what the roster of a legit powerhouse team looks like. Forget that their record is not fantastic.  The 49ers are a franchise that are built to stay around for a long time.  They aren't a flash in the pan. They are built to win DESPITE having a QB learn on the job.

I am tired of this team's woes being placed on one guy. (Who is not above criticism, but chastising, character assassination? Hell no) I am tired of a subway commercial or a post game press conference being blamed for this team losing.  

I hope getting beaten up in the trenches up and down the field all game long taught some of you what it means to have a beast of a team.  A team you know you can proudly follow and root for even if their record is not a flashy 10-1 or 9-2.   Not every great team will look like that every season, but make no mistake this 49ers team was built correctly from top to bottom.

The 'Skins are simply not a good team. They have a few pieces worth building around, and the rest are expendable. I don't expect this point to be debated after tonight.

Then what happened at the end of last year?  Everyone else in the league just suddenly collectively sucked for the last 7 weeks of the season?

They did it last year, they are putting up a shameful effort this year.  That falls on coaching. 

Seriously.  This team completely stinks on defense, OL, special teams, and coaching.  Just stinks.  You have to go back to Spurrier's OL letting Patrick Ramsey get pummelled to remember it this bad.  It's not RG3, and Morris, Garcon, and Reed are great.  Fletcher was spent last year, maybe the year before.  Guess we'll see Shanny back for another 5-11 season next year, then on to some other coach to continue the mediocracy of Daniel Snyder's ownership of our once proud Washington Redskins. 

You know, I think this game came at the perfect time. Really.  Hear me out.

Leading up to this game there has been so much media sensationalism regarding Robert.  Everything from his play, to his maturity, to his press conference have been over-examined and scrutinized to death. It has been piling on in the most disgusting fashion and most of it is unwarranted. (IMO, I guess).

Then comes tonight's game against the 49ers.  A chance for this team to step up, make a stand and say "STFU ALREADY" and guess what?  They go out and get physically pushed around all over the field.

I am not going to say the team needed this humbling, but I 100% feel that this FANBASE needed this humbling.  There should be no debate anymore about where the level of talent on this TEAM is.   We saw what a roster looks like that is a contender.  Even when they aren't playing well, even when their QB is a 2nd year struggling to learn to play the position QB, their ROSTER has the talent to win games. Kaepernick's overthrows and misses are ignored because two plays later his WRs are making huge plays to help him out. 

We just saw what the roster of a legit powerhouse team looks like. Forget that their record is not fantastic.  The 49ers are a franchise that are built to stay around for a long time.  They aren't a flash in the pan. They are built to win DESPITE having a QB learn on the job.

I am tired of this team's woes being placed on one guy. (Who is not above criticism, but chastising, character assassination? Hell no) I am tired of a subway commercial or a post game press conference being blamed for this team losing.  

I hope getting beaten up in the trenches up and down the field all game long taught some of you what it means to have a beast of a team.  A team you know you can proudly follow and root for even if their record is not a flashy 10-1 or 9-2.   Not every great team will look like that every season, but make no mistake this 49ers team was built correctly from top to bottom.

The 'Skins are simply not a good team. They have a few pieces worth building around, and the rest are expendable. I don't expect this point to be debated after tonight.

We had the Seattle Seahawks down 14-0 and on the ropes.

We had the Denver Broncos down 21-7 and on the ropes.

Plenty of talent, but effort and execution are issues.  Also doesn't help when you sit an All-Pro calibre TE in Fred Davis who could be helping us.

I knew this **** was coming, I predicted 9 points knowing we were not getting into the endzone tonight. Look at the WR on the 49ers, thats what your suppose to give your QB. Look at their play calling, they go down field, the Redskins play around the damn LOS. Coaching is the reason this team is failing.

I love Gruden questioning if Robert is being devliped into a pocket passer.  Who is he kidding? Is he watching this team?  WHAT POCKET IS HE SPEAKING OF?  There is no pocket to develop the passing game from.   When the guy drops back on anything other then a 3-step go, he is beaten to a pulp within 2 seconds. 

I feel like Jim Mora should do a run-in and say "Pocket? POCKET? You're talking about a Pocket?"

Talent may be suspect, but the approach they take (due to coaching and scheme) is not up to NFL caliber at all.. When he's getting pummeled in the pocket, why don't try some designed roll outs to move the pocket and get some heat off him? The OL is small and quick, it should be to their advantage as well to be on the move? But nah, just keep letting him drop back and have his line and the D's in his lap in under 2 seconds... I mean, it's only 11 games in, of a 4 year effort, it'll work eventually, right? :(

The biggest difference between the 49ers and the Redskins is coaching. Before the game virtually every analyst gave us the edge at the skill.positions but gave them the edge when it came to coaching.

You think the Redskins, tight end, running backs, and receivers are better than the 49ers?  Your kidding yourself.

The 49ers whole roster is better than ours.

Then what happened at the end of last year?  Everyone else in the league just suddenly collectively sucked for the last 7 weeks of the season?

They did it last year, they are putting up a shameful effort this year.  That falls on coaching. 

Not to be hostile about it maybe in 4-5 years teams will forget  that they figured out stopping the read option and bubble screen this year and another run at the paloffs can be made.

If you want to lay it on the coaching, then you also have to lay it on the over-valuing of the player talent.  Some of it is due to coach-speak I am sure, and limited resources.  You can't really go to the media and say your talent level is not up to par, but we heard rave reviews of Barry Cofield in the offseason, even though we all knew he is not the prototype nose tackle, but we all bought into it when Haslet said "I think Cofield can be best nose tackle in the NFL"

Hahahahaha.....No. He is average at best, We see him make 1-2 standout plays a game and that is the new standard for a GREAT player.

There is a reason Cofield and Bowen were nothing more than backups on their teams.  They probably are great DEPTH players, but signed to be THE GUYS to anchor a D-line? Laughable.   It is probably the best we could do with that salary cap penalty. We had to scour other team's roster depth and hope we could roll with them until the team could start making actual moves.

The team has many problems all over.

RGIII has his fair share of mistakes too though, I dont think he is off the hook. The problem is, no one makes any plays. Either RGIII throws low, or too far, or throws directly to the other team, or the few times it is thrown where it needs to be a receiver doesn't catch it. The line still kinda stinks. Really you cant name ONE area of this team that is very good.

Archived