Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I hope tonight's game erases any illusion about the "talent" level on this team.

NoCalMike

There is a reason Cofield and Bowen were nothing more than backups on their teams.  They probably are great DEPTH players, but signed to be THE GUYS to anchor a D-line? Laughable.   It is probably the best we could do with that salary cap penalty. We had to scour other team's roster depth and hope we could roll with them until the team could start making actual moves.

Cofield and Bowen were signed before the cap penalty.

Then what happened at the end of last year?  Everyone else in the league just suddenly collectively sucked for the last 7 weeks of the season?

They did it last year, they are putting up a shameful effort this year.  That falls on coaching. 

Look at the trajectory of last season. It was an offense the NFL was not ready for and was not expecting. The defense never really got that much better, it was the offense out scoring defenses.   The NFL made adjustments in the offseason, this team was too hand-cuffed to make the necessary upgrades at the necessary positions like O-line.  The O-line was never good, they were anchored by a QB that put the defense on it's heels making them unable to attack.  Now they attack and the O-line can't stop them. Ever.

I'm starting to come around that coaching may be the issue here...remember how dreadful the 49ers were in the years before Harbaugh?  They didn't crack 7 wins in the 8 seasons prior to 2011.  Including 2011, Harbaugh's FIRST YEAR, the 49ers are a combined 30-10-1...

How does that turn around happen??? the only determination I come to is coaching.

I'm starting to come around that coaching may be the issue here...remember how dreadful the 49ers were in the years before Harbaugh?  They didn't crack 7 wins in the 8 seasons prior to 2011.  Including 2011, Harbaugh's FIRST YEAR, the 49ers are a combined 30-10-1...

How does that turn around happen??? the only determination I come to is coaching.

The Redskins roster can't sniff the 49ers roster.

Well that makes it even worse evaluation of talent.

Amen.  We need a GM.

But the 49ers were built with 1st & 2nd round picks for a decade before Harbaugh showed up. They had that elite talent there.  The 'Skins are not built like that.

You think the Redskins, tight end, running backs, and receivers are better than the 49ers?  Your kidding yourself. The 49ers whole roster is better than ours.

You're telling me Morris isn't as good or better than Gore? I think Garcon is as good as Bolden. Fred Davis should be an asset, but not with this coaching staff.

I'll give you the defense, but on offense, we should be as good of not better.

This should also put to rest that Mike Shanahan, Kyle Shanahan or Jim Haslett can outcoach the majority of their counterparts on opposing teams. They basically have to have a full deck talent wise to compete with better coaches. Joe Gibbs, Pettibon, Bugel, and the rest of the original Gibbs staff could take this same talent use better preparation, superior in game adjustments, along with more diverse schemes and have them at 6-5 right now. 

this team sucks from front to back, I wonder if waterboy sucks too? there is no drive and no passion, RG3 is just terrible and looks like more of a bust than savior. I cant stand this team anymore, I dont even know why I keep buy crap that says redskins. infact all of it can go to trash as of tonight. call me whatever you want, go be a proud fan and protect this joke of a team. Snyder screwed this team from first day he owned and it still continues to hurt the team. there is just no shortage of blame to go around, I wouldnt be suprised if RG3 is out of washington by 2015 and out of NFL by 2016. he just sucks....there is no talent there at all, it was fun for one year but to give up so much for a player that gives you one good year ( and that was with some luck) is just stupid. should have stick with Cousins from get go, used that pick on someone else and keep rest of the picks to build the team. we just dug ourselves into a bigger hole and we didnt even needed Ceratto to help us. F this team!

I knew this **** was coming, I predicted 9 points knowing we were not getting into the endzone tonight. Look at the WR on the 49ers, thats what your suppose to give your QB. Look at their play calling, they go down field, the Redskins play around the damn LOS. Coaching is the reason this team is failing.

you can call downfield passes all day long, doesn't mean griffin will pull the trigger, and even if he does, the ball sails far from it's intended target.

They're calling the short passing game because that's all he's able to master right now, and even that is questionable.

You're telling me Morris isn't as good or better than Gore? I think Garcon is as good as Bolden. Fred Davis should be an asset, but not with this coaching staff.

I'll give you the defense, but on offense, we should be as good of not better.

I would trade for the 49ers receivers in a heartbeat.

All Kaep did tonight is stand behind an O-line that gave him all day to throw and found wide open WRs.  They weren't open right away, it took time for the play to develop.  It's not rocket science.  The few times they got pressure on Kaep, he folded just as a normal 2nd year QB would who is still learning the position.

There is a re-occurring theme here, you give a QB all day to throw, it doesn't matter who he is, or who the skill players are they will make plays because a defense can only defend any given passing play for so long.

Kaep was out there making the same mistakes Robert makes, even WITH a pocket to pass from. That would-be Pick 6 he threw into Perry Riley's hands?  He wasn't rushed on that throw at all, he simply didn't read the defense, telegraphed the throw and laid up a gift for our defense they couldn't capitalize on.  Stop it ESPN, with all this Kap gushing.

At least Ray Lewis was throwing some reality ice water on the slobbering over Kaepernick. Dude was going up against the worst defense in the league.

the cap penalty had nothing to do with the following signings....

1) Josh Morgan

2) Chris Chester

3) Wil Montgomery

4) Kory Lichtensteiger

5) Fred Davis (re-signed)

6) Santana moss (re-signed)

7) Stephen Bowen

8) Brandon Meriweather

9) Josh Wilson

Garcon was a very good signing...Cofield was a good signing....that's it....2 hits, 9 misses

Packed my skins gear away weeks ago. I can't wear that stuff in public this year thanks to completely embarassing brand of football this team exhibits week in and week out. And this week was no different. On national TV. I will not root for this regime any longer. I'll wait for major changes......

Roster is very flawed. My take is that a good performance from the QB position this year has us at 5-6 or 6-5 right now with all other positions being the same.

Look no further than GB to make my point. Funny how all of a sudden a SB contender can't win a game and their entire team looks worse. Same defense, same offense, same coaching.... Can't win a game.

Tonight, RG didn't stand a chance, I'll grant you that. We got manhandled and very few QBs would have done well given that "support" tonight. On the balance of the season, I think good to elite QB play has us around .500

It's ridiculous to judge the talent level of a team that has quit on bad coaches...LOL

Obviously this team needs coaches first and foremost.

I am not denying the fact that the talent level needs improvement also..RG has no real weapons. Just look what has happened to the offense with Jordan Reed out. If you are going to make a pocket passer out of RG you might think about having an Oline that pass protects first.

But let's face it this coaching staff leaves a lot to be desired here..A totally unprepared and unmotivated team.

This team has become very Norvesque!

Kyle Shanahan & Haslett are the coaching problems......Dont attack me at once, but I wouldnt mind if Mike Shanahan stuck around if it meant his son getting the hell out of town....

Why does Mike get to stay when he's the one who hired and stuck with those two?  The overall talent is poor, but I'm tired of watching a HC making $7 mil a year get out coached on a weekly basis.  

it was fun for one year but to give up so much for a player that gives you one good year ( and that was with some luck) is just stupid. 

Pleased to meet you. I've never met a real life time traveler before!

Concord -

ANY coaching staff anywhere could take this same talent use better preparation, superior in game adjustments, along with more diverse schemes and have them at 6-5 right now.

Fixed :)

Archived