Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I hope tonight's game erases any illusion about the "talent" level on this team.

NoCalMike

the cap penalty had nothing to do with the following signings....

1) Josh Morgan

2) Chris Chester

3) Wil Montgomery

4) Kory Lichtensteiger

5) Fred Davis (re-signed)

6) Santana moss (re-signed)

7) Stephen Bowen

8) Brandon Meriweather

9) Josh Wilson

Garcon was a very good signing...Cofield was a good signing....that's it....2 hits, 9 misses

this is wrong.

If not for the cap penalty we probably would have had enough to get Jackson or Royal.  That means we wouldn't have signed Morgan.  Merriweather was a late addition once other safeties were gone.  As for Moss you can't always tell when a guy is going to fall off a cliff.  And with more money they probably would have tried to upgrade over Wilson.

-Fletcher is a year older and not a year wiser.

-Chester's first two years here we rarely heard his name called.  It's been called several times this season along with Monty (who was arguably the best Center in the NFL last year).

-Robert had no offseason, coulda shoulda woulda not started in the first four weeks of the season. 

-We got smoked in our first two games and I think we were shellshocked as a team

Couple that with the offseason mess from the Seattle game (include the documentary) and the training camp debacle between QB and head coach...

Perfect storm.

Exactly.  Winston wasn't here for some other reason.  Being that he came from Houston, it was probably because he pissed off Kubiak and he and Shanny are boys.

EDIT:  Ironically, Pashos was starting for the Raiders and Trueblood for the Falcons... so there was legit competition brought in.  Not what a team expecting to make a run should've brought in, but legit nonetheless. 

Except Pashos and Trueblood were only starting due to injury.  They weren't immediately inserted into the starting lineup like the Falcons and Raiders thought they got a steal.

I love Gruden questioning if Robert is being devliped into a pocket passer. Who is he kidding? Is he watching this team? WHAT POCKET IS HE SPEAKING OF? There is no pocket to develop the passing game from. When the guy drops back on anything other then a 3-step go, he is beaten to a pulp within 2 seconds.

I feel like Jim Mora should do a run-in and say "Pocket? POCKET? You're talking about a Pocket?"

Jim Mora references always get a chuckle out of me. I award you ten cool points.

He was talking about their coaches.  Pay attention.

You're not the boss of me.  ;)

Our inept talent took us to 10-6 last year. The rest of the league evolved in response to our innovations, while we did not. That is the fault of the coaching staff. 

Luck has less time throw on average than RG does... And his blind side is constantly under attack.

Now I will say this, organizationally, Luck is in a better spot.... And I'd rather have Pagano than Shanny for sure. But talent for talent, I think the rosters are about even.

There is absolutely no way this is correct. I've watched quite a few colts games and there has been quite a few times Andrew has a nice pocket form around him. Don't believe me, go back and watch the game against the texans, titans and chargers. The truth is they're both uber-talented QBs going through the issues most young QBs who have to overcome a roster of castoffs, all the while trying to develop as passers, do.

You're not the boss of me.  ;)

Our inept talent took us to 10-6 last year. The rest of the league evolved in response to our innovations, while we did not. That is the fault of the coaching staff. 

Point is it is a silly argument.  The 49ers Coaches and Players went to the Super Bowl last year, and just kicked us around the field on Monday night.  How you could say we are better at any aspect is a head scratcher.  I don't think we have better players and I don't think their coaching staff could have taken us to the Super Bowl.

Except Pashos and Trueblood were only starting due to injury.  They weren't immediately inserted into the starting lineup like the Falcons and Raiders thought they got a steal.

I'm sure they knew they didn't get a steal either, justice. 

But Pashos should've been on this team over Pat White.  How arrogant are we?

What happened in was a combination of luck, timing, and a storm of events.

However, as bad as things have been.... Remember it's always darkest just before dawn.    Take heart fellow fans.   This season isn't 'over' on paper, but we are about to turn a corner.  I feel it.

There is absolutely no way this is correct. I've watched quite a few colts games and there has been quite a few times Andrew has a nice pocket form around him. Don't believe me, go back and watch the game against the texans, titans and chargers. The truth is they're both uber-talented QBs going through the issues most young QBs who have to overcome a roster of castoffs, all the while trying to develop as passers, do.

Just went to a Colts message board....One guy has a very in depth thread where they grade the units weekly. Every poster gave their OL a D or an F. One guy just gave them "LOL." Many point at their center (Satele) who several say is the worst in the NFL.

Colts fans want their entire OL revamped and they think their RBs are a total joke.

And their defense just got shredded by the Rams and Cardinals, falling behind 38-0 in one instance and 27-3 in the other.

Don't post much anymore but, to me, the main issue is lack of talent as the OP pointed out in the first post.  To me that is biggest issue facing this team.  Shanny has failed as a GM more than he has failed as a coach.

Additionally,

1.  RG3 is simply not playing well.  I just hope that he stays healthy and can have an entire off season to continue to develop.  Not having an OL to protect has hampered his development, but he is not seeing the entire field and making all the proper adjustments so you can't just blame the OL.

2.  Our Defense just is not very good.  We have multiple players starting that are quality backups at best.

3.  People blame the coaches, but it is the lack of acquisition of talent that upsets me the most.  A coach is only as good as the players they coach.  I wish we could keep Kyle, but that won't happen.  That said, the coaches are my list of issues that need to be fixed in the off season.

4.  The owner should still get some blame simply because he is the common denominator for the lack of winning since he bought the team.

Archived