Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

49ERS MNF PREDICTION THREAD

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

What is it with people predicting Griffin will be knocked out lately?

Maybe The Danny should have him forcefully stuffed into cryo chamber until OTA's. That way he will be assured optimal health

Our line sucks, Kyle continues calling the pistol QB draw, RG3s frame isn't built to take the hits be does.

Have you seen the amount of hits he takes?

Remember his comment about not being able to take that kind of punishment the rest of the year?

That's where it comes from. If cousins played tonight behind that oline I would be fearing for his life as well.

like most of us I want a win real bad and I even predicted one ... but man, the Niners feast on bad teams. 

Also, I think we will see on full display tonight, more than anything, how much of a better coach Harbaugh is. 

Remember that play to their FB a few years back, like a 30 pass play.

I remember thinking then, the Skins couldn't pull that off because of execution, but even worse, wouldn't even attempt it because they don't have the stones to call it. 

vid here http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d823d31a5/Bruce-Miller-wide-open-for-the-score

My name is Adam and I am 29 years old born and raised and live in Altoona, PA, about 1.75 hours from Pittsburgh. I have been a Redskins fan since I was about 5 years old. If youve heard me tell the story before or post about it, I even have the tattoo of the emblem(indian head) on my forearm. I have lived and died with this team for 25 years. I never gave up when they sucked all those years, and never will. I watched every game, even when we were at our worst and it was a meaningless last game of the season type of deal, I still made sure to watch it and cheer them on.

The reason I mention any of this is I have NEVER been to a Redskins game. The stadium is only about 4 hours away from where I live, but due to having 2 kids and financial/time constraints, I just was never able to go. 25 years of die hard fandom, and never been to a game.

That changes tonight. For the first time in my life, I have 2 tickets to the game, and they are damn good tickets too. Section 127, row 15. Me and my wife will be going and her mother agreed to watch the kids because of how big this event will be for me. Tonight, I see my favorite team, that I have literally cried for play up close and personal. Tonight, they win, for me. Because damn it I deserve it.

Same old Skins, Same old Skins, right? Throw everything you guys have learned out the door tonight. Tonight, we arent the Redskins of the 2000's, tonight we are the Redskins of the 1980's. Tonight we beat a great team because tonight is special. I have dreamt of this moment my entire life, and its within arms reach, I am so excited, I cant focus on work, Im too busy day dreaming about singing/cheering/jeering etc; But at the same time, I am calm, because for the first time I feel like they will win, I feel like its destiny. Im never confident in us winning, but tonight its different. See you all there!

HAIL!

Really? Most people saying sit RG are doing so because they think our OL and scheme is so bad that they fear RG getting hurt again.

Personally, I don't buy that and I want RG to continue to start.

One thing people are forgetting is that RG has really been quite good at home this year--- he has been really bad on the road. I have a sneaking suspicion he plays well tonight.

I was responding to Mr. Sinister's question about the number of ES posters predicting Robert gets "knocked out" of the game.

An RGIII injury is the only hope for the Cousins' fan boys. IMO that's low class and has no place on this board or in this fan base.

We're better than that.

My name is Adam and I am 29 years old born and raised and live in Altoona, PA, about 1.75 hours from Pittsburgh. I have been a Redskins fan since I was about 5 years old. If youve heard me tell the story before or post about it, I even have the tattoo of the emblem(indian head) on my forearm. I have lived and died with this team for 25 years. I never gave up when they sucked all those years, and never will. I watched every game, even when we were at our worst and it was a meaningless last game of the season type of deal, I still made sure to watch it and cheer them on.

The reason I mention any of this is I have NEVER been to a Redskins game. The stadium is only about 4 hours away from where I live, but due to having 2 kids and financial/time constraints, I just was never able to go. 25 years of die hard fandom, and never been to a game.

That changes tonight. For the first time in my life, I have 2 tickets to the game, and they are damn good tickets too. Section 127, row 15. Me and my wife will be going and her mother agreed to watch the kids because of how big this event will be for me. Tonight, I see my favorite team, that I have literally cried for play up close and personal. Tonight, they win, for me. Because damn it I deserve it.

Same old Skins, Same old Skins, right? Throw everything you guys have learned out the door tonight. Tonight, we arent the Redskins of the 2000's, tonight we are the Redskins of the 1980's. Tonight we beat a great team because tonight is special. I have dreamt of this moment my entire life, and its within arms reach, I am so excited, I cant focus on work, Im too busy day dreaming about singing/cheering/jeering etc; But at the same time, I am calm, because for the first time I feel like they will win, I feel like its destiny. Im never confident in us winning, but tonight its different. See you all there!

HAIL!

Come by the ES tailgate brother, I'll be there with a ton of other rabid Skins fans. Check out the stickied post on the homepage.

That changes tonight. 

Man, I'm so pulling for you Adam ... I hope more than anything you get to see a win. 

I feel so bad for fans sometimes, guys and gals that go all out with car flags and wear gear, etc. I'm like, "how much longer can they hold on." 

I'll be thinking of you if we are ahead when that god damn clock hits 0:00!!!  Have fun regardless though and hit the ES tailgate. 

Remember his comment about not being able to take that kind of punishment the rest of the year?

I'm pretty sure he meant not taking '"Unnecessary" hits when running/holding the ball too long. I didn't interpret that as "My body can't take much more".

And yes, I have seen our line play, and know that on any play,any of our guys could get put on the shelf, or have their careers ended. Thing is... I'm not expecting/predicting that it will happen. That is just... Odd.

My name is Adam and I am 29 years old born and raised and live in Altoona, PA, about 1.75 hours from Pittsburgh. 

Adam, I hope you get to see a glorious victory in person tonight and tell your kids in the future that you were there in person when the franchise started its climb back from what looked like the pit of despair.  If we win tonight, I'll throw back a cold one and I'll be thinking of you my friend.

Skins - 35

Niners - 17

I got no logic to back up my prediction, but I'll still hold on to hope.  

"If you are going through hell, keep going" - Churchill

28-10 49ers

Footnotes

Im thinking why expect anything different from what we have seen  most of the year.  Skins play one quarter (probably 4th) of decent football and completely stink the rest of the time.  They waste a few opportunities early to actually be in the game.  There are some very questionable Offensive calls, UGLY defense and Obscene special teams.  RGIII is responsible for at least one turn over and many in the game thread complain about what was given up to get him and beg for Cousins to make an appearance.  One person even suggests Rex could do better.  With 1:30 left in the first half the Skins attempt to go into some sort of 2 minute drill and Shanny looks confused on the sidelines.  Calls come in late and we take a delay of game penalty followed by our last time out followed by a false start followed by a dropped pass.  Clock runs out after a net gain of -5 yards.

Down 21-3 late in the 4th qtr the skins some how muster a drive and Morris scores on a beautiful 35 yard run.  We kick off and they return it 92 yards for a TD.

After this game, people state "Kaepernick is back in 2012 form and looks like the QB who lead his team to the Superbowl again."

*edit - sorry forgot Sav Rocca who breaks a long standing NFL record for shortest punt of -2 yards. Sav kicks a put for -8 yards.

Not even going to be close.  

Niners 24

Skins 13

I'm thinking about going over to Reno tonight (I'm in Tahoe) and putting some money down on the under.  :)

Footnote:  This will be the ugliest RG3 performance this season.  In turn, Kaep will look great against this defense.  

it's something about 17 points right at halftime ... we love to get down 17-0, happens so much it seems. 

It's the combination of non existent D, inept special teams, and a hot/cold offense.

Offense goes 3 and out,Rocca shanks a punt, then whatever average offense (with their weekly missing right and left tackle) marches 50 yds down the field like The Greatest Show On Turf.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

it's something about 17 points right at halftime ... we love to get down 17-0, happens so much it seems. 

Either that or we refuse to finish the kill when we have significant leads in the 2nd half.  Had we done so against Denver in their house, I think the trajectory of this season would be completely different and we don't lose to the Vikings and Eagles.

Archived