Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

49ERS MNF PREDICTION THREAD

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

We are awful against any mobile read-option style QBs, not to mention we have an awful pass rush and the 49ers have an elite offensive line. Considering that their defense, especially in the front 7, are elite our offensive line is going to get their ass kicked. 

We also seem to struggle in zone and play better in man. If we play man, Kaep will shred us on the ground.

My prediction? Morgan outplays Hankerson's recent performances, Fred Davis looks good filling in for Reed or Paulson, and on top of the shellacking we receive all anyone will want to talk about is how bull**** Shanahan's "doghouse" is. It will be a mess.

I don't see ANY way his ego allows FreddyD to dress. 

Paul would see more field time. Hell, I could see DY playing TE before Fred for this team again. 

Hail.. 

A DESPERATE lame duck HC scrapping tooth and nail for his future. 

If Jordan passes this week's tests, he'll be out there. 

Hail. 

And there in lay the issue.

I understand Dan doesn't want the fans to not show up or to give the perception that we are packing it in... but Bruce needs to go ahead and get in his ear about this.

Let Reed get fully healthy and let Sleepy go out there and fight for a contract.

Especially after his second concussion (IIRC). It would be a shame if yet another tremendously talented player on the ups, suffers a giant setback, or has their career cut short.

Did he already have one?

I know he had a hip pointer and a bruised thigh, but I wasn't tracking a concussion this year.  Or was it while he was at Florida.

Bottom line though, I agree with the premiss.  I don't need to see anything more from Jordan Reed to know he can ball.

Paul would see more field time. Hell, I could see DY playing TE before Fred for this team again. 

Hail.. 

This is what Shanahan has been waiting for --- Jordan Reed's excellence pushed back the timeline but has merely delayed the inevitable explosion of Mr. Niles Paul - AKA the guy who could be the next "Shannon Sharpe"   :wacko:

I didn't know where else to put this, but on the Redskins FB page they posted a "Happy 40th Birthday" card to Sav Rocca. The comments left are absolutely hilarious-- high comedy and I suggest you check it out.

My favorite so far: It would be nice if he could even punt his age.

Did he already have one?

Hmm, maybe I was thinking of someone else. I thought for sure that he suffered one earlier in the season (or maybe in the preseason). Either way, Cooley kind of didn't give him a ringing endorsement on "The Drive" yesterday, describing him as "One of those guys who just doesn't bounce back from injury like other guys do." On 980 they also said that he was still "Woosy" hours after the game, so it ma not even be in he or the staff's hands if he's still not cleared by the end of the week.

I didn't know where else to put this, but on the Redskins FB page they posted a "Happy 40th Birthday" card to Sav Rocca. The comments left are absolutely hilarious-- high comedy and I suggest you check it out.

My favorite so far: It would be nice if he could even punt his age.

Sundberg's response on twitter:

Wow, @Redskins post Happy Birthday to Sav and all you guys do is hate. I'll let you in on a little secret. You know nothing. Especially...

about what it takes to do his job.The man has been a professional athlete for over 22 years.Show a little respect where respect is deserved.

Wow, @Redskins post Happy Birthday to Sav and all you guys do is hate. I'll let you in on a little secret. You know nothing. Especially...

about what it takes to do his job.The man has been a professional athlete for over 22 years.Show a little respect where respect is deserved.

Well, I admire Sundberg for sticking up for his teammate, that's what teammates are supposed to do.  But as far as what it takes....yes, I'm sure I'm minimizing this, but you catch the ball and punt it.  In practice, you practice catching it, punting it directionally, and occasionally throwing a wounded duck trick pass that the TE isn't expecting.

I don't know what I'm missing here.  While the offense and defense are running drills, sprints, 11 on 11, the kickers and punters are usually on the other field...practicing kicking and punting.  I don't know how many leg presses and practice punts it takes during the week to shank one 28 yards but Rocca has been doing a fabulous job of it.

Dear Nick, 

If you and your teammates are SO thin skinned, may I suggest a new profession as you most certainly don't belong in pro-sports if things like that affect you. WE, the FANS, keep you and your teammates in riches WE can only dream of. And MANY, like Roca for the past 2 seasons now, scarcely deserve. So forgive us for having light hearted fun (not 'hate,' This isn't Philly) at his expense.

Yours

GHH. (A fan of this team for 31 years who will be living EVERY moment with this team LONG after we're just an afterthought on most of you guys post-football career.).

Hail.  

Hail..

You may be right, although I saw a tweet quoting Shanahan saying FD would be active if Reed couldn't go.

Offense

Garcon 15 catches, Moss with 3 drops. Morris 19 carries. 

Kyle's confusion continues, runs when defenses know he will run, pass when they know we will pass. Keeps Robert in the pocket, to protect him. All WR's face tight coverage, and Kyle does nothing to counter but call the same short routes over and over. RG3 gets blamed for staring at all the covered receivers. Edit: one deep pass to Robinson, well covered of course. 

Defense

The middle center of our d backfield remains vacant,  forty niner WRs get catches with no one in sight. No push from the DL, nary a stunt even though it helped land a sack last week. 

Special Teams

I think we are too afraid to even try another fake, sorry, no Swinging Gate II. 

Other

Fred Dresses, one snap. 

Summary

They smother our offense, but let us eek out a bunch of 3rd down conversions late, to make it "respectable" 

24-12. 

Just another manic meltdown Monday

Come on people, it would be too obvious to get blown out on MNF.  Why?  Because we're expecting it.  This team delivers the unexpected, for better or worse.

What's beyond that rule on this team is our defense.  It's going to give up points.  Last week was really the first time (since the first couple weeks), that the offense laid an egg most of the game...and the running has been amazing throughout all of it.

I'm not scared of Squidward and his biceps.  They won't stop our run.  I'm going to this ****ing game and I'm going to enjoy watching my Redskins win THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Skins 40

9ers  31

If the front office finally pulls their head out of their ass then Shanahan is fired at halftime(both of them) and RGIII traded halfway through 3rd quarter to prevent him from piling up more "garbage time" stats.  Snyder sell the team after the game Frank McCourt(the businessman not the dead writer) and they play the rest of the season in the LA Coliseum.

But none of them are smart enough to see that is the ONLY forward in this historically horrendous situation.

Score:

SF 49ers: 98(that is 49 * 2)

Washington Redskins: 0 (That is Washington Redskins * Mike Shanahan's IQ)

I'm just glad I get to enjoy the entire weekend of football without the cloud of this games outcome hovering over me.

That is so damn sad and depressing. We all have a life outside of our love for the burgundy and gold. But we expect to be able to sit down on a sunday afternoon or a late in the evening  and watch our team play decent good football. Hell of a thing that has been taken away and some just sit and wait for some inept crap to happen and watch them lose another game. Short of RG's injury this organization should either be in elite form or at least turning the knob on that door. Sorry brother that you have to feel that way.

Archived