Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

49ERS MNF PREDICTION THREAD

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Can't fight the funny feeling we're gonna win this one.

Brain vs gut on this one. The gut has a significant size advantage.

man, my prediction a few days ago was we win somehow but now I'm feeling complete dread, especially after looking at Niner stats, they absolutely feast on bad teams and D's. 

The JAX boxscore is giving me butterflies ... 28-0 before JAX scored. Long drives, Kapearnick runs, short passing, etc. etc. 

Jesus ... i'm so, so down right now. 

I just can't bear to think how badly we are going to get out coached.  Harbaugh is everything Shanahan is not. 

Hard nosed, fired up, gutsy, innovative but true to the ground and pound.  His teams just impose their will ... 

We'll keep it close in the first half playing solid defense and eating up the clock with long drives on offense which sputter in the redzone resulting in field goals.  We will score an easy defensive touchdown but miss a short field goal.  Early in the second half we will take a 14 point lead only to have the defense go ultra soft and allow us to be eaten alive on short dump off passes in response to jailbreak blitzes that never get the the QB.  The defense which looked tough in the first half will leave the middle wide open in the second.  Corners will continue to play 10 yards off receivers on 3rd and 4.  Then we will launch a late charge to pull out the win but go full huddle and saunter back as if we have all day.  We will burn at least 1 second half timeout for no reason on a nothing play that will eventually cost us the game.

And oh yeah, RG3 will throw high.  A lot.

I would make a GDT but I am sure as soon as I do, a proper one will be started.

If I made one, it was say, just win.

If nothing else, to end all the BS news stories that only somehow appear after losses.

We can certainly win, despite any negativity. We are the same team last year that made the playoffs.  The NFL is not predictable in the slightest. Did you think Pats fans were thinking comeback win just last night? And they are a top team.

If our DBs don't get physical with Boldin, he will rip us apart. Kaepernick could have a big day running the ball. Their defense is better than our offense right now.

I just can't see us winning this one.

49ers - 31

Skins - 17

I'm feeling more pessimistic the closer it gets to game time.  

Carlos Rogers gets a pick 6 after making an incredible acrobatic one-handed grab of a ball that was thrown away.

Hahahaha at Carlos catching a ball in Washington, is that even possible?

We can certainly win, despite any negativity. We are the same team last year that made the playoffs.  The NFL is not predictable in the slightest. Did you think Pats fans were thinking comeback win just last night? And they are a top team.

I agree Randy and that's what pisses me off. This team could be pretty damn good if they could somehow play a complete game.

My name is Adam and I am 29 years old born and raised and live in Altoona, PA, about 1.75 hours from Pittsburgh. I have been a Redskins fan since I was about 5 years old. If youve heard me tell the story before or post about it, I even have the tattoo of the emblem(indian head) on my forearm. I have lived and died with this team for 25 years. I never gave up when they sucked all those years, and never will. I watched every game, even when we were at our worst and it was a meaningless last game of the season type of deal, I still made sure to watch it and cheer them on.

The reason I mention any of this is I have NEVER been to a Redskins game. 

Adam, I hope we get a win for you brother!  I was in the same boat years ago, I'm from NC and pulled for this team since I was born, Im 38 now and when I was 27 years old, I was able to go to my first live game as well.  I had moved to Charlotte, NC for college and have lived there ever since.  The wife and I refused to go to any Panther games, even when they played the Redskins, because we made a promise to each other that our first game would be at home (the Redskins home) and not the Panthers stadium.  

So, it was the December 29th, 2002, vs Dallas, Darrell Green's last game and Emmitt Smith's last game as a Cowboy.  We had lost the last 10 match-ups against Dallas (5 years of no wins against them).  We too got lower level seats and they pulled out the win.  It was the best feeling as a Redskins fan I have ever had in my life, Super Bowl wins aside.

I've only been able to go again once since then, it was this year against the Bears and we pulled out the win too.  

I really hope we win so you can get to experience the joy/excitement as a fan that I did.  Hell, the 30 minute walk back to the subway station is better, the hour subway ride back to the hotel (we stayed in Dulles) was better.  Dinner was better.  Everything is better!

Just last year the Pats were down 31-3 in the 3rd quarter to the 49ers and came back and tied it up.

Of course, the Pats are a entirely different animal than the Redskins. All that team has done the past 13 seasons is win.

Its so frustrating being on the eve of a MNF game that looked like a monster before the season started......and now we are 3-7.  I think this game will be close and I give the Skins a decent shot at winning, but its going to feel somewhat hollow.....unless, of course, we can miraculously go on another run.

Our defense sucks under the brilliant Jim Haslett, let's hope tonight is the night RG3 gets his head out his butt and quit locking on to one receiver while telegraphing his throws. I will always love the Redskins but they drive me insane at times. HAIL  34-20 49's , cause the defense can't stop anybody and Jim Hazmat is up in the booth with no idea of wtf he's doing

Archived