Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So Is That The Season Right There?

Suffolk_Skins

If Harbaugh and Carroll can come from college and be successful, why not Saban?

Do you forget his disastrous tenure with Miami? He wins in college because of recruiting and oversigning.  Harbaugh was innovative, a great motivator and football guy.

Carroll seems to be unafraid to make big decisions and is a good motivator apparently.  Saban does not at all equal Harbaugh or even Briles, probably.

BTW, Saban was a disaster because he could not lead grown men and walked over a player in training camp who was having a seizure.

Part of me wants to say no.  The team isn't as bad as the record.

But then I look at how healthy we've been and we almost certainly are going to have some injuries.

Based on that, I have to say very very likely yes UNLESS the coaches have messed up and the backups are actually better than our starters at some positions.

Unfortunately yeah... I don't see lightning striking twice.

I'll still watch every game wanting to win. I'm almost grateful we give our 1st round to St Louis so we don't have the battle with the "Tank it for the draft" contingient.

Honestly I don't know what to do at this point. For years our biggest gripe was Snyder's meddling. Now we're full circle and there are rumblings out there from some wanting him to get involved again. I don't know where I stand. It seems like we've tried everything. The only thing I can say for sure is :For gods sake SOMEBODY FIRE HASLETT!

What a stupid signature you have there, change the logo, too funny.

It's easy to say yes at this point, considering last night's horrific loss.

However, there's still a shot in the mediocre NFC East this season, especially if the Cowboys choke once again.

The good news is that the Redskins still have four division games left, so there's an opportunity there.

So we'll see what happens.

Yes, in fact it was done after the 0-3 start.

To anyone who brings up that we were 3-6, wake up! Making the playoffs after that record last year was nothing short of a miracle. You're basically asking for lightning to strike twice if you think they can do that 2 years in a row.

But hey, we still get to see our rejuvenated franchise QB kick ass (he had an awesome game last night) for the remainder of the season. Just imagine how good he'd be with an offensive line and some defensive support.

Also, there's always next year.

I honestly see Dallas wrapping it up in the next few weeks. Ppl crucify them because they are Dallas but they are a competent team and in this division, that is all that matters.

Exactly right.  Dallas will win this division.  At this point I think there is a good chance we finish last in the division…  What a perfect year it would have been to be at least average and competent… 

So IF he comes to Washington and he ends up with the same record, which is realistic, what stops him from running back to college?  He's not leaving Bama anyways.  

He might go to Texas.

What's amazing about Saban is that prior to Alabama, he had never spent more than 5 years at any job in his life. This is year 6 at Bama.

Anyway, we already tried the old college legend move. If we are going to plunder a college coach, go with a young dude like Shaw.

Okay, I'll bite. How do you see the Skins winning 3 in a row, when they have yet to win 2 in a row this entire season? They couldn't even accomplish it against the ****ing 1-7 Vikings. You know what? Don't even answer. I don't want to know how you see this happening.

im a diehard fan, and i always believe that the team will win. i support the team. you are allowed to think the team won't make the playoffs, or win 2 in a row, or win anything at all, thats your choice. but i'm a diehard fan, and the team came 4 yards from tying the game. FOUR YARDS!!! Griffin threw 3 TD passes last night, which was very good. we just need to beat philly, and count on the saints beating them sunday night. I believe it will happen. and i dont care if anyone else thinks it won't, cause as long as i am believing in my team, thats all that matters.

So IF he comes to Washington and he ends up with the same record, which is realistic, what stops him from running back to college?  He's not leaving Bama anyways.  

Just like he said he wasn't leaving LSU only to take the Dolphins job like the next day. LOL.  I'm not saying I want him.  I don't.  But dude is a shady operator.  He might leave Bama and no one will know till it happens

i don't think we have much of a shot (if any) but this board is fickle, even for a sports message board. Watch the mood change if we beat Philly next week and other results have gone our way.

You're describing every sports fan base in the galaxy. Probably in the multiverse as well.

I lurk on a variety of message boards and they do the same exact things that we do here. It's human nature

im a diehard fan, and i always believe that the team will win. i support the team. you are allowed to think the team won't make the playoffs, or win 2 in a row, or win anything at all, thats your choice. but i'm a diehard fan, and the team came 4 yards from tying the game. FOUR YARDS!!! Griffin threw 3 TD passes last night, which was very good. we just need to beat philly, and count on the saints beating them sunday night. I believe it will happen. and i dont care if anyone else thinks it won't, cause as long as i am believing in my team, thats all that matters.

We were also 1 yard from losing to the Chargers. We won't beat the Niners and we will likely split NY/Philly.

7-9 will be our final record book it.

Haha and yes I agree with your needs assessment.

The season is over at 3-6.  This year's 3-6 is not last year's 3-6.  The offense sucks, the defense sucks, but most of all, the QB play sucks.  When the most important position on the team isn't playing well, it doesn't bode well overall.

Wtf man? The QB? RGIII is one of the brighter spots on this team. 

It's a shame that we buried ourselves early in the season with absolutely horrendous play because this team is probably better than its record and should still be in it. Alas, we aren't.

Time to start evaluating.

Oh, and one more thing: RG3 has played great for three out of the past four games. He deserves some credit for getting it together despite the lack of an offseason or overall team competence.

Archived