Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So Is That The Season Right There?

Suffolk_Skins

I know this team isn't good enough to do any damage in the post season, I know how many issues we have but it would have been nice to keep it interesting in such a weak division. Before the Chicago game I was hell bent on getting to Philly 4-5. I really thought if we somehow done this we might just might have a chance down the stretch. We done what I thought was the hard part, beat two teams with winning records at home. I never thought the Vikings would be easy but I thought we had enough to beat them in the dome and guess what, we did. So deflated now. Next week's game could have been massive, now we go in with little more than faint hope... If that?

I should have known, right....

No. That happened opening night. 

Hail. 

Maybe the writing was on the wall, but the team could've recovered.  Still a long way to go. 

But I do think that was it last night.  No consistency at all, but specifically in back to back games.  Last year the team looked dangerous in losses.  But there's not the same confidence of just being so close.  Defense is weaker, special teams worse and offense more erratic.

Unfortunately yeah... I don't see lightning striking twice.

I'll still watch every game wanting to win. I'm almost grateful we give our 1st round to St Louis so we don't have the battle with the "Tank it for the draft" contingient.

Honestly I don't know what to do at this point. For years our biggest gripe was Snyder's meddling. Now we're full circle and there are rumblings out there from some wanting him to get involved again. I don't know where I stand. It seems like we've tried everything. The only thing I can say for sure is :For gods sake SOMEBODY FIRE HASLETT!

Does this team have heart and desire?  I know that some must, but I wonder how it is that we get beaten up by backups.

The Cowboys are going to win the NFC-E. We have no hope of a Wild Card. The season is all but done. Last year's run was against dismal teams. Our schedule has us playing 3 or the top 5 teams in the league. 

We knocked off the Super Bowl champions last year during that run.  Not exactly slouch material.

Yes, that's the season. Being 4-5 with a mini-bye to prepare for Philly would have been a very nice situation. In the end, the big picture might benefit from no mirage of contending this season. Sneaking into the playoffs as a 9-7 division champion would have guaranteed the current regime more time.

As is often the case as we head into November, I can look forward to smaller things. This year I'll be excited to watch our offense, hope we can spoil some seasons (namely Dallas), and maybe watch some younger players fill in on defense.

Pretty much, yes.

At this point now we either need to pull out an unlikely win (49ers or Kansas City) and have the Cowboys and Eagles play mediocre the rest of the way.

We needed this game....badly. This game and the Philly game were basically make or break ones going into the Monday night against the Niners.

There's nothing about this team that gives me hope that they can do a similar turn around to last year. The Cowboys and Eagles are both better than they were last year when we played them, and Kansas City and the Niners are both legitimate teams.

Yup… I held out a small glimmer of hope that with a win last night we would be on a tiny bit of a roll.. getting back on track.. getting two wins in a row.. finding that groove...

Then the second half came.  So thats it.  They play for pride now.. season is done.  1st round pick will be a good one for the Rams.  I just want to forget the 2013/2014 season and move on.  As far as football is concerned Im ready for August to get here.  

This team quit on the season why on earth would any fans hold out hope now that they can turn things around.

I'm just going week to week. I still really want to beat Philly just to make the niners game interesting. There's only 16 games. I don't enjoy playing for pride. This is a game of such small margins. We actually played well last night for a lot of the game but then give it away.

You are setting yourself up for a big let down.  We will probably not only lose to the Eagles but the Niners will embarrass us.  This defense can't defend that SF offense and our offense will be slowed by their stout D.  Ive lost all faith that this team can compete with a winning team in the NFL.  We can't take out a one win Vikings team when it is a must win.. we have no chance against SF.

You are setting yourself up for a big let down.  We will probably not only lose to the Eagles but the Niners will embarrass us.  This defense can't defend that SF offense and our offense will be slowed by their stout D.  Ive lost all faith that this team can compete with a winning team in the NFL.  We can't take out a one win Vikings team when it is a must win.. we have no chance against SF.

Just imagine how I felt talking smack to a Niner's fan when we were up 27-13.

I sort of agree. We are not a good complete team. However, we beat the Bears and Chargers and should have beat the Lions (teams with winning records). I don't agree we can't compete, we just can't get it done.

I mean...yes.  It is.  Another season lost before we're even halfway through November.  How many seasons like this does this fanbase have to endure?  How much can we take?  I'm getting pretty sick and tired of it.

Maybe I'll start paying more attention to baseball...

This ones done.. Schedule won't allow any heroics like last season. Someone above said it, we might pull off 1 or 2 that we shouldn't, but will lose as many as we should and still end up 5-11 or 6-10 at best.. Just another typical season for the Washington Redskins and fans..

Archived