Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So Is That The Season Right There?

Suffolk_Skins

No offense but I'm getting tired of hearing this.  The fact is a contender does not lose to the Minnesota Vikings, a 1 win team, that had a slew of MAJOR injuries.  Contending defenses don't give up 200 yards passing to back up Quarterbacks.  

I love the Redskins but I'm sick of making excuses for them.  They suck.  Right now they are 3-6 and headed for the bottom of the barrel in the division until they prove otherwise.  

Losing that game Thursday night really did me in.  Contenders don't lose to 1 win teams, it's that simple. 

Did I say the Redskins are contenders? No.

This thread is about the the season being over. And whether we are contenders or not, it isnt. If Dallas and Philly fall on Sunday we are still 1.5 game out of first. That doesnt mean we'll win the division, but there is still an opportunity to be had with 4 divisional games left in the season

Did I say the Redskins are contenders? No.

This thread is about the the season being over. And whether we are contenders or not, it isnt. If Dallas and Philly fall on Sunday we are still 1.5 game out of first. That doesnt mean we'll win the division, but there is still an opportunity to be had with 4 divisional games left in the season

an NFC East contender does not lose to 1 win teams.  I have lost faith in the Redskins this season.  I don't think it matters how many games out of 1st place we are.  There is no reason to believe that this team is capable of stringing wins together.

I will watch the games, and I still love my team, but I refuse to expect anymore wins this season.  They will win a few more times this season I'm sure, maybe even go 3 and 3 or 4 and 3, but I won't expect them to.  

ok, so, heres how i see it playing out these next few weeks:

Dallas:

Week 10: @ Saints, L (5-5) (it's the saints, come on...saints have to win that)

Week 11: BYE

Week 12: @ Giants, L (5-6) (its at the giants stadium, giants will win)

Us:

Week 11: @ Eagles, W (4-6) (philly is bad, we will win that one, they have nick foles)

Week 12: Vs 49ers, W (5-6) (its a home game, so hopefully that gives us a slight advantage)

Week 13: Vs Giants, W (6-6) (again, home game, hopefully slight advantage)

that puts us in a tie with dallas for 1st place. a few people after the broncos game said we at least need to be 2-1 in the 3 games (vs chargers, @ vikings, @ eagles) and hope dallas loses a few, to make things interesting. currently, since playing denver, we are 1-1, and would be 2-1 with a win in philly. all hope isnt lost yet, but gotta pull for new orleans sunday night, and the giants the week after dallas has their bye week.

Wait a second here. Keep in mind Dallas is 5-1 in the NFC and 3-0 in the NFC East.

The Saints are the Saints? Yeah, they are good. Pretty damn solid across the board i'll say.

But who have they played this year?!?

They beat Matt Ryan (who is average this year), Josh Freeman (Not even on the same team), Carson Palmer (Terrible), Ryan Tannehill (young but raw), Jay Cutler (who is hit and miss), Thad Lewis (Yeah!).

They lost to Tom Brady and Geno Smith.

People are acting like this is the 2009 Saints. It's in New Orleans, on turf and coming off a loss. Doesn't mean we're going to just let them trounce us. We've been in every game this year and 3 of our 4 losses are by a combined total of 5 points to teams with a combined record of 21-4.

Now the Giants ...

They beat Josh Freeman who is still trying to complete a pass from that night. That was the worst QB performance I have ever seen in my life. Then they beat Matt Barkley. Matt friggin Barkley. But it's a win against us right?

We will beat New York ... then beat Oakland on Thanksgiving. That'll put us at 7-5.

Hopefully we get some of our defensive line back. Not sure any team can successfully generate consistent pass rush using 18 different defensive lineman in 10 games.

I will say, the winner of the NFC East, will likely be 8-8 or 9-7 at best. Can the Skins make an improbable come back run like last season? Maybe. But I don't see it happening. The road to the NFC East is much tougher this season ... (@ Philly, SF, NY, @ Atlanta, Dallas, @ New York).

If Foles stays hot, Philly has the best shot at making some noise in the playoffs. Plus, they may only lose 1-2 games the rest of the season. (@GB [No Rodgers], Washington, Arizona, Detroit, @ Minnesota, Chicago @ Dallas). They have 4 of their last 6 at home and a Bye week in between that stretch.

Archived