Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So Is That The Season Right There?

Suffolk_Skins

We FINALLY have a good QB and we still suck. We simply need better coaches.

I know Spurrier didn't work out, but I wouldn't be opposed to Nick Saban.

NOOOOOOO!  Sorry man, that dude failed hard in the NFL, granted it was the Dolphins, but we're not in any better a place than the Dolphins were.  20 years of suck.  We need an up and coming NFL coach, preferably defensive minded.  Any offensive coordinator worth a damn should be able to get production out of RG3.  We need a strong defense to get this thing going.

Can't condon the white flag until they tell us we're eliminated.  Same record as last year, offense still strong and most of the same players on defense.  It depends on how mad we are, because they were pissed last year on that run and just ran into a team more desperate then we are thursday night...

NOOOOOOO!  Sorry man, that dude failed hard in the NFL, granted it was the Dolphins, but we're not in any better a place than the Dolphins were.  20 years of suck.  We need an up and coming NFL coach, preferably defensive minded.  Any offensive coordinator worth a damn should be able to get production out of RG3.  We need a strong defense to get this thing going.

His record in two seasons was 15-17. Not exactly terrible. PLUS, we have a better team than he had in Miami.

If Harbaugh and Carroll can come from college and be successful, why not Saban?

I'm a Saban fan but

-I don't think his heart is in the NFL. He left an amazing school coming off a NC to coach Miami, didn't set the world on fire then bailed the first chance he had for another amazing college program. He wouldn't be here long before he bailed on us for Texas or USC etc. 

-His success has less to do IMO with his mind and more to do with him being an incredible salesman. He has a lot of talented coordinators around him but he is neither a defensive or offensive guru. He knows how to brand himself and his school and pitch it to top young athletes. I don't think that model will serve him well in the NFL but is made for college. 

-He is already 65 or so

- I don't think he has the mind or accomplishments to establish credibility and earn respect of NFL players. 

I will say, he is very disciplined and demands his players be perfect and when they aren't, he gets in their asses. I do love that about him. 

I can't see us pulling a string of wins like we did last year. The whole 7 game winning string was just a fluke. I bought into the hype. Much like 2005 & 2007 late season miracles until to be lied to next season. Until Snyder decides to have a normal front office and not over powering people. It will always be one and done. Our franchise is so abnormal. 

His record in two seasons was 15-17. Not exactly terrible. PLUS, we have a better team than he had in Miami.

So IF he comes to Washington and he ends up with the same record, which is realistic, what stops him from running back to college?  He's not leaving Bama anyways.  

I'm a Saban fan but

-I don't think his heart is in the NFL. He left an amazing school coming off a NC to coach Miami, didn't set the world on fire then bailed the first chance he had for another amazing college program. He wouldn't be here long before he bailed on us for Texas or USC etc. 

-His success has less to do IMO with his mind and more to do with him being an incredible salesman. He has a lot of talented coordinators around him but he is neither a defensive or offensive guru. He knows how to brand himself and his school and pitch it to top young athletes. I don't think that model will serve him well in the NFL but is made for college. 

-He is already 65 or so

- I don't think he has the mind or accomplishments to establish credibility and earn respect of NFL players. 

I will say, he is very disciplined and demands his players be perfect and when they aren't, he gets in their asses. I do love that about him.

Alright. Good points, but I think he's a little younger than 65.

ok, so, heres how i see it playing out these next few weeks:

Dallas:

Week 10: @ Saints, L (5-5) (it's the saints, come on...saints have to win that)
Week 11: BYE
Week 12: @ Giants, L (5-6) (its at the giants stadium, giants will win)

Us:

Week 11: @ Eagles, W (4-6) (philly is bad, we will win that one, they have nick foles)
Week 12: Vs 49ers, W (5-6) (its a home game, so hopefully that gives us a slight advantage)
Week 13: Vs Giants, W (6-6) (again, home game, hopefully slight advantage)

that puts us in a tie with dallas for 1st place. a few people after the broncos game said we at least need to be 2-1 in the 3 games (vs chargers, @ vikings, @ eagles) and hope dallas loses a few, to make things interesting. currently, since playing denver, we are 1-1, and would be 2-1 with a win in philly. all hope isnt lost yet, but gotta pull for new orleans sunday night, and the giants the week after dallas has their bye week.

Week 11: @ Eagles, W (4-6) (philly is bad, we will win that one, they have nick foles)

Week 12: Vs 49ers, W (5-6) (its a home game, so hopefully that gives us a slight advantage)

Week 13: Vs Giants, W (6-6) (again, home game, hopefully slight advantage)

Okay, I'll bite. How do you see the Skins winning 3 in a row, when they have yet to win 2 in a row this entire season? They couldn't even accomplish it against the ****ing 1-7 Vikings. You know what? Don't even answer. I don't want to know how you see this happening.

In a word...Yes.

There is no reason to believe that this team is capable of stringing wins together right now.

I agree. This team is just not very good. And, you know, they weren't last year either. We ran a funny offense nobody really knew what to do with and we played in a division that we now know is weak and was last year too.

Archived