Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

yeah bro, if we can shareplay or even just stream your gameplay so i can watch, i'm down.

Wife and i are balls deep (at least I am) in our other 3 games.  we're already 2nd prestige in Blops 3, 50+ hours on star wars, and I'm closing in on 100 hours on Fallout 4 LOL.  Not sure if i could fit another game in right now.

but if it's that damn good....maybe life finds a way.  

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Tom%20Clancy's%20Rainbow%20Six%3A%20Siege

Pick a stream and check it out. 

yeah bro, if we can shareplay or even just stream your gameplay so i can watch, i'm down.

Wife and i are balls deep (at least I am) in our other 3 games.  we're already 2nd prestige in Blops 3, 50+ hours on star wars, and I'm closing in on 100 hours on Fallout 4 LOL.  Not sure if i could fit another game in right now.

but if it's that damn good....maybe life finds a way.  

Here is a good youtube clip of the gameplay for PS4 from a week ago, so current, not beta.

NSFW - explicit language 

Edit:  I didn't watch but about 20 seconds of the video clip.  Skipped around just to see if it gave a good peek at the content.  Outside of hearing the F-bomb dropped excessively, I have no idea if those guys said anything worse, just throwing out the disclaimer.

My kids saved up $350+ for Xbox 1 over the course of past year. Bought it today at a Microsoft store near us for $300 plus a free game, "The Crew" (only non M option), Project Sparks and a $50 Microsoft Gift card. I was tempted to get the Forza 6 bundle (seems rare) but they got the Lego bundle... my 7 year old is playing Lego Movie game now... I am pretty excited!!!

Most likely they will use gift card on Forza, but NHL 16 is a possibility.

Son went to buy the Star Wars controller he really wants.

They will have a fun break.

Ok, I have to ask, y'all live this ****

Boyzilla got a PS4 for his bday, I know jack**** about any of this, tell me three biggest things to avoid screwing it up, three most important things to generally know about it, three best games to start with? The sheer basics for a total naif here.

Ok, I have to ask, y'all live this ****

Boyzilla got a PS4 for his bday, I know jack**** about any of this, tell me three biggest things to avoid screwing it up, three most important things to generally know about it, three best games to start with? The sheer basics for a total naif here.

How old is he?

I always thought the reaction to MS was way overblown. They were trying to push the industry forward a bit but because some people in the sticks have bad or no internet they got blasted.

Digital is the future. The sooner we embrace it the better things will be.

Digital does not require always-online, nor does always-online require digital. That out of the way, screw that, I want my physical media.

How old is he?

A somewhat precocious just-turned- 12 yr old computer game serial-killer-in-training

I'm more concerned with what I need to know, seriously, never had a controller in hand until yesterday

Thrilled to see that it isn't compatible with any earlier games, so starting from scratch and don't want to go dropping 60 bucks a game on something that blows

A somewhat precocious just-turned- 12 yr old computer game serial-killer-in-training

I'm more concerned with what I need to know, seriously, never had a controller in hand until yesterday

Thrilled to see that it isn't compatible with any earlier games, so starting from scratch and don't want to go dropping 60 bucks a game on something that blows

Get Destiny The Taken King for him and you.  Wicked good and wicked fun.  For you alone... Witcher 3 (not him).

EDIT:  I also recommend for just you...  Bloodborne (kind of cheap), Wolfenstein New Order (cheap), Assassins Creed Black Flag (cheap), and Fallout 4.

Edit #2 for the kiddo:  Star Wars Battlefront my 12 yo loves it.

Get Destiny The Taken King for him and you.  Wicked good and wicked fun.  For you alone... Witcher 3 (not him).

EDIT:  I also recommend for just you...  Bloodborne, Wolfenstein New Order, Assassins Creed Black Flag (cheap), and Fallout 4.

If he has never played a console game before (based this on his "never had a controller in his hand until yesterday" comment), I'd suggest just Destiny to start with.  Bloodborne is extremely hard for even hardcore gamers.  Assassins Creed is pretty easy to play though.  

I think Destiny will give both him and his son a great game to play.  And it will introduce him to gaming better as there is a story mode and multiplayer mode along with being a FPS/RPG. 

Yeah, I gave a second edit to include Battlefront for him and his son.  Bloodborne was awesome but gave me headaches :)

Bloodborne was awesome.  But for a first time gamer, it would be difficult and push them to the brink of insanity because it's very hard to play.  Some of those boss fights made me want to rage quit sometimes lol.

Battlefront would be another good one, only it lacks in the single player mode, since there really isn't one.  But it's a really fun game and it's Star Wars.

I'd say that out of the most popular games, Destiny offers the best overall experience.  And it's only $39.99 right now.  

Bloodborne was awesome. But for a first time gamer, it would be difficult and push them to the brink of insanity because it's very hard to play. Some of those boss fights made me want to rage quit sometimes lol.

Platinumed the game and was working on NG +3 before the DLC dropped. Those bosses that had you on the verge of rage quitting are a bunch of ****es compared to the bosses in the expansion. Hell, the Blood Starved Beast is just a regular enemy chilling in a cave at one point in the DLC.

Rainbow Six Siege Update:  I was wrong, you can customize weapon load outs, just have to unlock the ability to.  Each match/situations you earn renown (in game currency).  They have operators (classes) that come with specific weapons, etc. and after rank 6, you can purchase scopes, silencers and pimp out the load out.  

I'm addicted to this game.  You have to have think out your strategy/approach.  Peek around corners, sneak up, etc.  There is always the possibility that you will get killed at any second in the blink of an eye and be like, WTF just happened?

Since you don't respawn in the round, it makes it extremely frustrating.  But makes you want to play more and right your wrongs.  I've had some really good rounds where I would kill 3 out of 5 of my opponents and then go 4-5 rounds and not even get one kill.  If you like FPSs and don't care about story modes or single player campaigns, I'd recommend this game.

I'm just wondering how fast I will get bored of it because there does not seem to be a lot of content. I also wonder if the company developing it will still be supporting it 6 months from now.

Otherwise this game seems right up my alley.

I speculate that they will release more maps and game modes.  But that is just a guess. 

Ok, here ya go, another reason to laff at my noobosity, go ahead, I'm beyond caring

Instead of giving in to my first impulse and throwing this damned thing out the window, I slogged through all this crap to try and get the beast set up to actually DO something. Can't make an account for him (since I didn't just lie about his age initially), now the *^#^%* demands a CC to make a second account for boyzilla?!? Is my easiest, best option just to make a second "adult" account for him so I don't have hackable bank account info on here? I just have visions of waking up to find the checking account drained my some smarmy lil hack **** in Tulsa 

Ok, here ya go, another reason to laff at my noobosity, go ahead, I'm beyond caring

Instead of giving in to my first impulse and throwing this damned thing out the window, I slogged through all this crap to try and get the beast set up to actually DO something. Can't make an account for him (since I didn't just lie about his age initially), now the *^#^%* demands a CC to make a second account for boyzilla?!? Is my easiest, best option just to make a second "adult" account for him so I don't have hackable bank account info on here? I just have visions of waking up to find the checking account drained my some smarmy lil hack **** in Tulsa 

creating a second account will still give access to the main account, and allow for purchases.  I don't know if there are ways to secure that or not.

But, if you are only worried about being hacked for that info, I'd say you are safe, just as much with one or two accounts on one PS4 machine.

Edit:  I have my main account, the one where my credit card is linked to.  I created another profile, and I can purchase games, etc. through that profile too.  So, you might want to look into if you can secure purchases to one account, main one.  

MY kid knows better than to do something shady, it's the other ones out there in the interwebz I worry about. 

I'm sure I wouldn't be having "issues" w/ this thing if I had gone thru all the earlier iterations, but I thought I could skate past 'em and not need to worry about it at all.

Silly me

Gettin' too old for this ****

Archived