Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Yeah I really enjoyed Xcom on the 360. I'm sure 2 will be ported eventually

I played the hell out of XCOM Enemy Unknown on the 360. I heard the Steam sales were three times the combined sales for 360 and PS3. That's why it's PC only. Although I suspect they'll eventually put it on consoles.

Xcom will come to consoles. The best thing about this Xcom is they opened it up for mod support. I can't wait. Last Xcom was really closed off for modders and was really hard to alter things but after seeing what a group did with the Long War mod they opened things up this time. But yeah they are focusing on PC first and then eventually it will make it onto consoles. That's speculation on my part but considering the last one was on consoles there is not much reason to think it won't get a release.

I picked up the EVGA GTX 980 TI Classified, love it plan on going SLI to push 4k. Wifey has no idea I am about to drop 2k in the next few months on my rig. LOL

Amazon just had a huge sale on ram so I also scooped up 16gigs of 1833 ram that sells for $300 at 70% off. I spent $91 on it, a huge steal. My old ram was same model and speed but two 4gig sticks so I'll be sitting at 24gigs of ram. So yeah I've dumped about a grand into my PC the last month so no budget for the rift until next holiday season. My Processor 4790k and MoBo ASUS Z97-P are good enough and won't need upgrading for a few years so my PC is good to go at Utra everything for years. Only other thing I'll add at some point is another SSD, probably a 500gig one later this year when hopefully more price drops or a sale.

Loving Rise of the Tomb Raider so far.

It's just like the last game only everything is improved.

There are a lot of nice details added like the way Lars moves through the snow, the way she wrings her hair when she gets out of water and the way you can see her sclothes slowly dry after she has been out of water.

They've added more skills trees, hunting, crafting and weapon enhancements too. You can even change outfits which is pretty neat

Action is exactly like you would expect if you played the last one. Graphics are excellent. I love the lighting when she pulls out her glow stick things or a torch. I even said wow when she opened up a flare in a dark cave. It was impressive.

I like the way the story is setup too with flashbacks and s lot of discussion about her father too. Feels more personal where the last one was straight survival and rescue.

That's awesome. Think I'll be playing it soon. Started the Witcher 3, and it's pretty interesting so far. Doesn't have me hooked yet.

Btw, you can change outfits on the fly in the previous tomb raider too.

Just keep on running through the witcher and it will start to draw you in. The game is so much fun. Do as many side quests and contracts as you can in the beginning. Avoid the main quest so you can level yourself up.

I really like the witches a lot, I've had it for a while now, but, I've had a hard time figuring out some stuff, like crafting. My only complaint is that I hate how quickly the swords and armor need repair.

Crafting isn't too bad.

Consumables(like potions) only need to be crafted once. Once you have it, you have it permanently. When you run out, just meditate and they reset.

Weapons/armor can be annoying because you have to find the higher skilled NPCs that can craft the really good stuff. Just keep playing the game and you'll eventually find them. Till then you can craft the lower quality stuff, but you'll also find good stuff so its not that big of an issue.

Reg. repairing, just get into the habit of always repairing as soon as you return to town from a quest.

Crafting isn't too bad.

Consumables(like potions) only need to be crafted once. Once you have it, you have it permanently. When you run out, just meditate and they reset.

Weapons/armor can be annoying because you have to find the higher skilled NPCs that can craft the really good stuff. Just keep playing the game and you'll eventually find them. Till then you can craft the lower quality stuff, but you'll also find good stuff so its not that big of an issue.

Reg. repairing, just get into the habit of always repairing as soon as you return to town from a quest.

What difficult level did you play on?

Yeah I stopped the Witcher 3 for Tomb Raider.

Witcher 3 was good it just hits you with a lot right off the bat. It still didn't hook me quite yet and I don't think the crafting or skill trees and enchantments are well explained or easily handled in the menus. I'll get back into it after TR.

Btw, you can change outfits on the fly in the previous tomb raider too.

Was that the Definitive Edition? For some reason, I don't remember being able to do that in the original for 360/PS3

I really like the witches a lot, I've had it for a while now, but, I've had a hard time figuring out some stuff, like crafting. My only complaint is that I hate how quickly the swords and armor need repair.

Go out into the world and exore, explore, explore. The crafting is relatively simple.IIRC You need to find the crafting diagrams for the armour and swords, but you can craft various potions and stuff immediately.

Starting out, keep every bit of the creatures you kill, and with some, you should go to the inventory menu and break some of them down to craft other ingredients

Normal mode, or whatever its called. I know on the highest you can't replenish consumables by meditating.

Bloody bones? (thats what I played on). I know there were like 4 diffi ulty settings. Was never sure which one was normal. Bloody bones was the cthird highest setting

Is that multiplayer?

Don't remember for sure but I think it's multiplayer/co-op only. Seems similar to Destiny in that you just take your group through a post apocalyptic recreated NYC trying to save it and find a cure for the virus. RPG elements involved like leveling and classes, gear and loot. There is a Dark Zone in the middle of NyC where best loot is and that's where you encounter other users so a lot of PvP action while you try to claim best loot.

My understanding is this actually has a complete and deep story so it's not just a loot and grindfest like Destiny

Archived