Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I don't understand :(

Yeah, same here.  Only thing I could think of was "it's a gamble" or some analogy about it being up in the air, crap shot, etc.

Konami is all about the Pachinko gaming now:

Castlevania Pachinko

Silent Hill Pachinko

Expect them to continue the Metal Gear legacy with this ****ization:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/05/konami-may-be-making-metal-gear-solid-pachinko

Nice taze. Let me know your thoughts after a few more hours into it.

I started spamming the situations to get some in game currency to unlock some other operators.  One thing I don't like is the operator I unlocked and want to play gets taken first and it forces me to the default ones.  

Game is hard, but real fun.  Would be nice to play with a good group, mic up, etc.  But definitely gonna keep playing it, very nice break from the standard FPS and a lot more realistic.  

Edit:  I will warn anyone interested in playing to do a little research first, watch a few clips/vids.  Realize that there are only "situations" you can do to earn currency (single player) to unlock other operators (aka classes), other than that, no single player story campaign.  It is all multiplayer focused on teamwork, strategy.  

Also, there are only 10 maps and 3 game modes for multiplayer and the price is the standard $59.99.  I think it's great and pretty fun.  But if you only like CoD or BF, standard FPSs, it's nothing like that at all.  

That's why it has me interested in it. It actually seems like it brings something new to the table with the realistic matches and strategy required. A legit strategy I saw on a video was fortifying a wall so you can't be shot through it.

It plays like a game of chess rather than the usual anarchy of a multiplayer FPS

I just ran into one hell of a wtf in MGSV. I wanna say everything makes sense now, but now it raises a whole new round of questions

Edit, never mind, it makes sense now

The stories of Big Boss and Solid Snake are complete. Sucks, man. It's really over. Almost 20 years if epic stealth missions and storytelling. Im really gonna miss it

A retcon of the Solid Snake/Big Boss feud would be icing on the cake, but im not sure I'm up for supporting an MGS without the man who created it.

What are your thoughts on the graphics? Pretty decent? 

I thought they were.  I've never been a graphics whore like a lot of people though.  I watched this vid comparing PC (on the highest settings) to PS4 from Beta.  I was fine with what I saw.   

My biggest gripe when it comes to graphics is not the point of them not being better but why they aren't better.  Meaning, this game is basically mulitiplayer with only 10 maps, 3 game modes for multiplayer and 20 or so scenarios/situation (training missions to earn experience and currency to level up) and zero story mode.

I'm 100% fine with that, I wouldn't play the campaign or story mode anyhow, unless it was tied into mulitiplayer like Destiny.  But what bothers me about that is there is no logical reason that they can't put more into the graphics.  It's not like the world is so huge (e.g. Fallout series) where they may have to skimp some to expand on the game content.  

Three game modes are:  Hostage (team extracts hostage, one team sets barricades/traps to prevent), Secure Area (locate biohazard and neutralize it while other team defends) and bomb (locate 2 bombs and diffuse while another team defends).  I think each are three rounds, I know that Bomb and Secure Area are.

The Bomb mode is pretty cool.  The team that is on the attack starts out as little carts that detect bombs (so you are looking first person through the eyes of the cart), you have 30 seconds to locate the location of the bombs.  Defenders can destroy the carts, if you find it, it marks the location.  Then you go and try to diffuse the bomb.

Maps are fairly large for 5 vs 5, but I think they did that on purpose as each bomb, hostage, biohazard location changes every round, it's never in the same place.  Large maps allows the replay to be higher as it keeps things fresh.  So you can't see the map and go everyone rush to here and pwn.  Which I like that aspect.  Large maps can slow it down too, since there is more ground to cover.

One may look at this and think, so the defenders just camp.  Well, yes, they do, because they have to guard the area, set traps, barricades, etc.  But it's not traditional camping that you get in typical FPSs, it's objective based and since you get one life per round, then that's that.  No spawn camping or K/D ratio or anything like that.

You don't have to camp the objective, you can try and go out and get set-up to kill the attackers first.  It takes a lot of communication and coordination.  I haven't mic'd up yet, but it would help out tremendously.  Especially if one person dies first so you can let the team know where they are located.  Again, if the objective is to secure the bomb, you need to be in that area doing so.  

One thing I liked was you can toss a grapple on top of a building, scale it.  Bust open a skylight (if there is one) rappel down.  I think you can also be on the side of a building and crash through a window too.  It's a slow, precise style of gameplay that allows minimal mistakes.  Requires lots of patience too.  Even when you die.  Because when you die, the remaining squad members continue until the objectives are won or they all die.  There were a few matches last night where I died first and had to sit there for 5-7 mins waiting for the next round to start.  

Nearly all games are always online now. Kinda puts the reaction to the Microsoft reveal of Xbox One at E3 in 2013 in perspective.

Well that's just not true. I mean, I guess if you only play online-multiplayer-only games, then that might be the case. Otherwise, I'm not seeing all the required always-online games.

Well that's just not true. I mean, I guess if you only play online-multiplayer-only games, then that might be the case. Otherwise, I'm not seeing all the required always-online games.

Last Christmas. Nearly all Xbox One and PS4 games were unplayable when Lizard Squad brought down Xbox live and PSN for 48 hours. Plenty of single player games, like Dragon Age Inquisition, couldn't be played because they were unable to check in to servers. 

The only issues i have with Digital is the fact if the game stinks i cant trade it in.

Yes. They really need to create some type of digital market where games can be returned, or exchanged etc. or at least further incentivize the digital format as preciously dicussed. Once they figure that out, I think digital will really take off.

How often do you guys trade in games though?  Not knocking it, just curious.  I find the trade in value ****, unless the game was practically brand new.

Every once in a while, I'll try and trade a bunch of really old games in, get a couple of bucks here and there.  It just doesn't seem worth my while doing it all the time.  Maybe I'm just lazy lol.

My thing is, the majority of the games I play are seasonal, new versions come out each year (Madden, NBA 2K16, CoD, BF, etc.) so I play them until the new one comes out.  By that time, I might get peanuts for it.  Just looking now, the trade value for Fallout 4 is only $22 cash or $27 credit.  Sure, that's a pretty good lump sum, but the game just came out a month ago.  

I agree with y'all though, there should be some way to trade digital games.  I'm not against it, just rarely do it or bother with it.  

yeah bro, if we can shareplay or even just stream your gameplay so i can watch, i'm down.

Wife and i are balls deep (at least I am) in our other 3 games.  we're already 2nd prestige in Blops 3, 50+ hours on star wars, and I'm closing in on 100 hours on Fallout 4 LOL.  Not sure if i could fit another game in right now.

but if it's that damn good....maybe life finds a way.  

Archived