Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

What exactly is it?

Its an open world military survival game. Its pretty much what DayZ is eventually going to be.

Tons of vehicles, missions, extremely smart AI, base building. U can play for hours and never do the same thing twice.

Very hard to explain. Would recommend youtube to see what you can do. But its so much fun. 

Its an open world military survival game. Its pretty much what DayZ is eventually going to be.

Tons of vehicles, missions, extremely smart AI, base building. U can play for hours and never do the same thing twice.

Very hard to explain. Would recommend youtube to see what you can do. But its so much fun.

Ahh okay. I haven't played DayZ in months but I'll have to try exile.

Anyone seen any good game deals? Best Buy has some decent prices ($29.99) on a lot of newer games, Target is $35. Looking for a good deal on Halo 5, talking like $30 range, but can't find one.

Walmart had 35/newer games (not including fallout, bo3, and battlefront). 25 and down for older games. I got metal gear for 35. Would have gotten Witcher 3 for 25 and far cry 4 for 15 but I got tired of waiting for employees to get to their station.

The price was only advertised in the paper ads.

If you missed out on the BF deals..this XBox One Cyber Monday deal might be the best one.

The Microsoft Store has select Gears of War Xbox One Console Bundles + Free Game + $60 Microsoft Store Gift Card on sale from $299. Shipping is free.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Xbox-One-Gears-of-War-Ultimate-Edition-Bundle/productID.319983600?tduid=(164a34c77d764c35ec68609dfc11983d)(256380)(2459594)(lw9MynSeamY-9d4ax040tnk4DPKnkrSRMw)()

Anybody played Rainbow Six: Siege?

Been a longtime fan of that series. Seemed like they were the last major fps to remain somewhat single campaign centric. If thats still the case, I might pick it up

I think you might want to look at this again because you'll be disappointed.

Unless I have been completely misunderstanding things, I think this is a MP focused game with a unique concept of one team being terrorists with hostages and other side being rescuers. So it's an attack and defend setup with the hostages being located randomly throughout the map and breach and clear tactics to locate them and then rescue them. Apparently, environments are very destructible as well.

I don't think there is a single player beyond a horde type mode and training missions similar to Battlefront

I think you might want to look at this again because you'll be disappointed.

Unless I have been completely misunderstanding things, I think this is a MP focused game with a unique concept of one team being terrorists with hostages and other side being rescuers. So it's an attack and defend setup with the hostages being located randomly throughout the map and breach and clear tactics to locate them and then rescue them. Apparently, environments are very destructible as well.

I don't think there is a single player beyond a horde type mode and training missions similar to Battlefront

:(

I dont think I would play The Order if it was free.

Still playing MGS

I think they skimped on the weApons a little. Don't seem to be as many as in Peacewalker. Don't like the fact that they present each story mission like p a tv episode.... Um, spoilers?

I dont feel like there are nearly enough hidden areas in Mother Base. Too much ignoring if the MG Universe. Big Boss seems to have all his memory, so why the **** do both he and Ocelot act like they don't know who " The Man on Fire" (gotta be Decoy Octopus) is impersonating?

Why does the very iconic voice if the older Russian Ocelot now sound like a football coach from Texas?

Why is there no mention of the les Enfants Terrible (Solid Snake, Liquid Snake)? They should all be big kids by now, and all were trained to some degree by him

Then when they go to Quiet in her cell, Ocelot mentions that her photosynthesis abilities mirror that of "a guy" (The End), from the Cobra Unit in MGS3. Why do they act like that neither of them were even there during that timeframe?

There seem to be a ton of missing chunks of relevant history.

The buddy system is cool, though Quiet seems to only come to your aid when you're getting your ass shot off

Anybody played Rainbow Six: Siege?

Been a longtime fan of that series. Seemed like they were the last major fps to remain somewhat single campaign centric. If thats still the case, I might pick it up

I'm curious too because I'll most likely be getting this title too free with my 980ti I'm getting for Christmas. It either that or the new assasins creed and I don't support yearly franchises so Siege it is. So bummed Fallout 4 isn't a choice.

^ Im almost wondering if Kojima even got to finish MGSV. The story is a bit of a mess right now

It's obvious he didn't if you play the game to completion. It was def rushed and could have used another 6-12 months dev time but Konami sucks. A damn shame as the game had a chance to be one of the all time greats had it been given the time needed but things between Kojima and Konami got so bad that they just pushed it out the door ASAP. That's my opinion but I've heard similar rumors. Still a good game 9.0 range.

I'm curious too because I'll most likely be getting this title too free with my 980ti I'm getting for Christmas. It either that or the new assasins creed and I don't support yearly franchises so Siege it is. So bummed Fallout 4 isn't a choice.

It's obvious he didn't if you play the game to completion. It was def rushed and could have used another 6-12 months dev time but Konami sucks. A damn shame as the game had a chance to be one of the all time greats had it been given the time needed but things between Kojima and Konami got so bad that they just pushed it out the door ASAP. That's my opinion but I've heard similar rumors. Still a good game 9.0 range.

I won't be surprised if Konami sells the real last chapter as DLC. I also won't be surprised if it's already locked away on the disk ala Capcom.

Chapter 1 of MGSV was awesome, but Chapter 2 was just....lacking. A lot of it was just repeat missions with some higher difficulty settings, and the story felt rushed/incomplete.

I dont think I would play The Order if it was free.

Still playing MGS

I think they skimped on the weApons a little. Don't seem to be as many as in Peacewalker. Don't like the fact that they present each story mission like p a tv episode.... Um, spoilers?

I dont feel like there are nearly enough hidden areas in Mother Base. Too much ignoring if the MG Universe. Big Boss seems to have all his memory, so why the **** do both he and Ocelot act like they don't know who " The Man on Fire" (gotta be Decoy Octopus) is impersonating?

Why does the very iconic voice if the older Russian Ocelot now sound like a football coach from Texas?

Why is there no mention of the les Enfants Terrible (Solid Snake, Liquid Snake)? They should all be big kids by now, and all were trained to some degree by him

Then when they go to Quiet in her cell, Ocelot mentions that her photosynthesis abilities mirror that of "a guy" (The End), from the Cobra Unit in MGS3. Why do they act like that neither of them were even there during that timeframe?

There seem to be a ton of missing chunks of relevant history.

The buddy system is cool, though Quiet seems to only come to your aid when you're getting your ass shot off

Reg. the weapons, you have to build them through Mother Base. Not really like other MGS games where you just found them. I built a decent amount although I mainly stuck with silenced/nonlethal weapons.

The missions being episodes thing was kinda cool but it did kinda break the immersion a bit. It was cool how they made it feel more cinematic but at the same time it would also suck how occasionally it would spoil how the mission played out(would reveal certain enemies so you knew what you would eventually face).

Reg. the dialogues and people not seemingly remembering, well lets just say when you beat the game all that will make more sense. The Les Enfent Terribles part, well there will be a point in the game where that will get addressed/implied(assuming you haven't done that mission yet, or you'd know, trying not to spoil).

I won't be surprised if Konami sells the real last chapter as DLC. I also won't be surprised if it's already locked away on the disk ala Capcom.

Just wouldn't be the same, the 2nd chapter just seems rushed and I'm not sure an epilogue could wrap it up. I'd almost rather it not even be a new chapter and more like a content patch that added stuff to and completed what's already there. Again, just puts in perspective the review boot camp process they had where the reviewers had to go to Konami and had a rep standing over their shoulder. I bet they did it like that so reviewers wouldn't be able to iron man hours the game to hit the ending during the review process. This is a great game though, solid 9.0 and no lower... But as I was ranting about the 10.0 ratings were a complete sham. Wasn't by accident either that those shill sites like IGN, gamespot that gave 10s just happened to show up on the MGSV commercial having their site promoted as giving 10s. Just another strike against those clowns in my eyes that they can't be trusted. Kotaku has actually been banned from getting review copies from Ubisoft and Bethesda because they write/review with agendas. Pretty damn funny that they were waiting for their AC and FO4 copies and had to wait until release day like the rest of us while all their emails and inquires went ignored and unanswered. They aren't even acknowledged by those companies anymore, just outright ignored.

When I say it's unfinished though it's not meant to be as harsh as I might be making it sound. Don't let me buzzkill you where you lose motivation to not complete the game. It really is a fantastic game like I said, it's just painfully obvious things were bad between Konami and Kojima and I'm betting the development time was probably one of if not the main issue that ultimately soured things. It just doesn't have that completeness and polish that a Kojima Metal Gear game always has. It's like they hit a point in development and then were told to stop adding anything new and just focus on polishing what was there to get it out the door. Really really sad as again this would have probably been one of those all time great games that everyone would be rec. to play at least once instead of the fantastic game that will probably be runner up or even 3rd for best game of the year.

Man I'm freaking drooling over getting my 980ti and throwing another 8gigs of RAM into my system to get up to 16gigs to go along with my 4790k processor. One of the reasons for holding out on Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 was because I knew I was upgrading in December. I have the combo birthday on December 13th and then XMAS that I have always parlayed into a kickass two weeks. Like getting a console and couple games for my birthday and then handful of games for XMAS. Or combining my birthday and XMAS present into a new PC when I was younger. I cannot wait for to play Fallout 4 and hopefully by then a few more major patches will have been released. The PC version has some areas that even with a 980ti the frame rate will drop to 30fps and textures will muddy up at places but man does it look and run like a thing of beauty most places. Witcher 3 is also a better game now than it was at release and a couple months after. It's really sad that these days when deciding to buy a game... unless it's a multiplayer game where the online community is always best at release its almost a must now to wait 6-12 months before buying a Triple A game. Getting games that are patched up, their DLC already out or game of the year editions coming and sale prices of 33%-50% off is just the optimal way to experience these games which is complete horse****. It's really hard to wait at times but the payoff is soooo worth it.

I decided to go for the 980ti at $650 instead of getting a PS4 and XBONE like I was deciding over. Too bad most of you guys are on consoles I'd love to get in on some of these ES gamer sessions lol. They have always sounded like a good time but that is one of the few pitfalls of PC gaming. Consoles are just way more accessible for people. Was hoping steam machines might change that but Steam has sort of botched steam machines allowing so many companies to make their own instead of just having a few of them with different hardware options at different price levels. I'm a little bitter Destiny still hasn't made it to PC when they have made it sound it would get here at some point and that's another game that is 10xs better now than it was at launch. That and Last of Us are the two console exclusives that make me want a PS4 but they aren't enough to make me decide to not beast mode my PC instead. Damn, didn't mean to write so much but oh well.

Yea R6 is multi-player only. However it does have terrorist hunts. But no campaign. Game looks meh. Think it would be a lot of fun if you had 4 friends that you could play with all the time. Playing with a bunch of randoms makes the game very frustrating.

So it's like Payday2 sort of? That game is a freaking blast to play with 2-4 players. Especially 4, nothing like attempting/completing a huge bank heist with 4 people with each person contributing their own part critical to the success of the mission.

Chapter 1 of MGSV was awesome, but Chapter 2 was just....lacking. A lot of it was just repeat missions with some higher difficulty settings, and the story felt rushed/incomplete.

Reg. the weapons, you have to build them through Mother Base. Not really like other MGS games where you just found them. I built a decent amount although I mainly stuck with silenced/nonlethal weapons..

Yeah nah I played Peacewalker. It was the same setup (build the original Mother Base from the ground up and add soldiers, scientists, doctors, weapons, artillery, vehicles etc) It had more weapons/variation though. And you could train the soldiers in the Mother Base gun range/training area. Seems like they scaled that back

Yeah nah I played Peacewalker. It was the same setup (build the original Mother Base from the ground up and add soldiers, scientists, doctors, weapons, artillery, vehicles etc) It had more weapons/variation though. And you could train the soldiers in the Mother Base gun range/training area. Seems like they scaled that back

Sadly, I've never played Peace Walker because didn't have a PsP. Then The MGS collection packaging together the majority of the games for current consoles released and is another console exclusive that I've always wanted to get because it also includes Peace Walker. With the more recent MGS games hitting PCs, I was hoping the collection would get ported eventually but then Konami went full ignorant backstabbing troll so I doubt it will happen now. Best case scenario would be they just sold off those IPs but since they have said they want to make mobile games I'm sure those franchises, some which have spanned 4 decades, will turn into microtransactioned paywall garbage. At least the orginal mega man dev/creator and one of the main castlevania guys got funded on Kickstarter to create spiritual sequels.

Mighty Number 9 is pretty much Megaman and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is basicslly Castlevania: Symphony of the night. Really hoping they stick it to Konami creating great games that make a lot of money showing them what fools they are... But sadly Mighty Number 9 has had quite a bit of mismanagement, screw ups and controversy surrounding it. It is due to launch early next year if they finally make a release date goal. Bloodstained was just funded over the summer so that one is a few years away. Metal Gear I fear is lost and since it is such a massive series with a well known name I'm sure some sort of Metal Gear game that has nothing to do with Kojima will make its way to Mobile Platforms.

Archived